Windows 10: automatic updates

Discus and support automatic updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I turn off automatic updates on Windows 10 41245 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ronh308, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Ronh308 Win User

automatic updates

How do I turn off automatic updates on Windows 10

:)

Ronh308, Feb 17, 2016

2. Automatic updates

Thank you for the reply. That's all I needed to know.

George

GeorgeCarr1, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Automatic updates

For an update to take place automatically, at the time specified, do I need to leave my laptop on?

GeorgeCarr1, Feb 17, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

automatic updates

Open Settings App
    Click Updates & Security
    Click Advanced Options
    Change the first dropdown box to Notify to schedule restart.

swarfega, Feb 17, 2016
  5. Ronh308 Win User
    I have done that. I do not want to schedule an update. No option is satisfactory. What I want is to stop all updates. I want to make the decision what to update. I could do that with Windows Vista and Windows 8.1

Ronh308, Feb 17, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    In Windows 10 Home, updates are automatically installed.
    In Windows 10 Pro, there is an option to "Defer". But updates will be downloaded and installed eventually.

Have a look at this tutorial :
    Since you are using Win 10 Home as your profile indicates, only Option Three, Four and Five are applicable to you.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

davidhk, Feb 17, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    All Win 10 updates are cumulative. You can choose to be notified to restart if an update requires it.
    Then of course there are driver updates, flash player updates...

and universal app updates.. see
    Store Update Apps Automatically - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Have a look thru the Tutorial section - there are a couple more things that may be of interest. For example you can hide (disable) specific updates.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

automatic updates

1. automatic updates - Similar Threads - automatic updates

2. Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?: Will my Dell XPS 8950 with Windows 11 Version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-a-desktop-running-windows-11-version-22h2-be/4fe952ab-652a-4b0f-ba91-dd532099ce7f
  3. Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?: Will my Dell XPS 8950 with Windows 11 Version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-a-desktop-running-windows-11-version-22h2-be/4fe952ab-652a-4b0f-ba91-dd532099ce7f
  4. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  5. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  6. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  7. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  8. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...
  10. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...