Windows 10: Automatic Updates?

Discus and support Automatic Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My general practice is to turn on our PC check for updates, allow any to process then browse or whatever. Then the PC is either put to sleep or turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lpatrick, Jan 23, 2018.

1. lpatrick Win User

Automatic Updates?

My general practice is to turn on our PC check for updates, allow any to process then browse or whatever. Then the PC is either put to sleep or turned off. Using this process I do not have automatic update processing therefore I assume either my PC must be left on or left on and allowed to go the sleep on its on for the auto update process to function. Is this correct?

Comments please.

:)

lpatrick, Jan 23, 2018

2. Automatic download update, automatic reboot with error failure, forced restart, automatic download update, automatic reboot, failure ... in an endless loop

It s not working, nothing is working, I made everything.

My computer does not start anymore.

Since that update my computer is blocked.

I need it to work, why does microsoft force people to make an update without letting them the opportunity to accept or not then it block the computer.

I need this fixe asap.

Any idea?

I do not want to format and re install, I just need it to be back as normal.

When I boot on the usb drive I click english, then next, then repqir your computer.

Then I have troubleshoot or turn off you pc

I go troubleshoot

I have system restore

system image recovery

startup repair

command prompt

uefi firmware setting

go back to previous version

I tryed all of them nothing is working

Thanks.

JulienRomeo, Jan 23, 2018
  3. Automatic download update, automatic reboot with error failure, forced restart, automatic download update, automatic reboot, failure ... in an endless loop

Microsoft releases security updates every second Tuesday of the month, so, you can download the latest cumulative updates for your release from the Microsoft Update catalog and install them. Learn how:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/manually-insta...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Automatic Updates?

It depends which updates you are referring to.

By default Windows update and Defender update checks are automatic, as are frequent updates to universal apps.
    Likewise updates to any 3rd party AV program you may have.

If you have disabled automatic updates, then you have taken responsibility.
    As I have the Pro version, I have Windows updates set to Notify, so I am alerted to any new update, and can then download and apply it when I wish- I do not have to check manually.

Updates to individual programs you have downloaded and installed may
    - be checked each time you launch the program
    - be checked on a schedule
    - require manual update

It is also true that some actions can be scheduled to wake your PC.
    It should not be necessary to leave your PC sleeping for Windows updates to be applied.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...ows-update-faq

dalchina, Jan 23, 2018
Thema:

Automatic Updates?

1. Automatic Updates? - Similar Threads - Automatic Updates

2. Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?: Will my Dell XPS 8950 with Windows 11 Version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-a-desktop-running-windows-11-version-22h2-be/4fe952ab-652a-4b0f-ba91-dd532099ce7f
  3. Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?: Will my Dell XPS 8950 with Windows 11 Version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-a-desktop-running-windows-11-version-22h2-be/4fe952ab-652a-4b0f-ba91-dd532099ce7f
  4. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  5. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  6. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  7. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  8. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...
  10. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...