Windows 10: Automatic updating, what to do?

Discus and support Automatic updating, what to do? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, all My pc is always updating automatically. Sometimes when I am working, and a certain program freezes, I want to restart my pc. Then the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cabinet, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Cabinet Win User

Automatic updating, what to do?

Hi, all

My pc is always updating automatically. Sometimes when I am working, and a certain program freezes, I want to restart my pc. Then the system will update and I have to wait. It's really annoying especially when I'm working on something emergent. Is there a way I can stop the automatic updating process? Thank you in advance.

:)

Cabinet, Jun 23, 2016

2. Automatic Updating occurs in what state of the pc? OFF/SLEEP/OTHER?

What state MAY (or Must?) the PC be in to allow automatic updating? OFF/SLEEP/OTHER?

Does WinUpdate do it's thing even if PC is OFF?

Is it different for a Desktop from a Laptop?

James Kolins, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Automatic Updating occurs in what state of the pc? OFF/SLEEP/OTHER?

Same for all PCs, it will wake up and install updates in the sleep state (or of course if the computer is already awake).

If the computer is actually off, then it will just wait until the next scheduled maintenance time you've chosen in the control panel.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Automatic updating, what to do? - Similar Threads - Automatic updating

2. Windows Defender - MpSigStub updating executable with Windows Defender & Automatic Updates...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - MpSigStub updating executable with Windows Defender & Automatic Updates...: Trying to find a cause for this - We have workstations running McAfee VSE and McAfee Agent. Windows Defender is disabled, and Windows Updates are turned off to not update automatically. There is a new CVE that is showing up on the vulnerability scans for one of our...
  3. How do I install all Windows updates automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I install all Windows updates automatically?: I started updating a PC yesterday after a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. After each Windows update, I have to - manually - go back to Windows Updates and check for the next one. I went to bed after installing a 2018 update that took hours to download and install. I'm still...
  4. Business Store LOB Applications do not Update Automatically, Why?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Business Store LOB Applications do not Update Automatically, Why?: LOB Applications published in MS Business Store, even though setup for Mandatory Update do not Update. Windows 10 is on recent version still no success. This is the main reason for businesses to even use the store for automatic distribution. Please fix....
  5. Automatic Windows 10 Updates

Automatic Windows 10 Updates: Satya Nadella said he giving all owners of Windows 10 the right to control our privacy because he considered Privacy to be a fundamental human right and Microsoft had already given these rights to Europe. He didn't give anything to Europe. The European Union took...
  6. Automatic updates hurt more than help.

Automatic updates hurt more than help.: Hello to my fellow Windows 10 users. I am writing in an effort to possibly shed light on Microsoft's insistence that updates be automatic. Every time (that is 100%) Microsoft sends an update, my machine craps out. Is this a "planned obsolescence" tactic? Last night, I...
  7. MS 10 Automatic Update and Printer Port is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS 10 Automatic Update and Printer Port is missing: I have a Windows 10 machine. It was automatically updated by Microsoft. After the update, the printer is going to the wrong port (to file) in the Control Panel. The port it should be going to is now missing. It was the port for a small private network shared printer. It was a...
  8. SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE

SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE: I HATE WINDOWS! THANKS FOR THE SLOW FORCED AUTOMATIC **** WINDOWS UPDATE WHEN ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO MUSIC!!! YOUR LONG ANNOYING **** UPDATE IS NOT NEEDED. GO **** YOURSLEF. I WILL NEVER BUY WINDOWS AGAIN. **** YOU. MUSIC IS ALL I NEEDED NOT YOUR...
  9. Notepad updating automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad updating automatically: Hi my PC started updating automatically and there was some unsaved notepad files which is my one day work. I searched on internet some said try to do restore previous version but it show no previous files. I need that notepad file please help me to get that back. Please...
  10. PC started updating automatically and there was some unsaved notepad files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC started updating automatically and there was some unsaved notepad files: Hi my PC started updating automatically and there was some unsaved notepad files which is my one day work. I searched on internet some said try to do restore previous version but it show no previous files. I need that notepad file please help me to get that back. Please...