Windows 10: Automatic updating, what to do?

Discus and support Automatic updating, what to do? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, all My pc is always updating automatically. Sometimes when I am working, and a certain program freezes, I want to restart my pc. Then the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cabinet, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Cabinet Win User

Automatic updating, what to do?

Hi, all

My pc is always updating automatically. Sometimes when I am working, and a certain program freezes, I want to restart my pc. Then the system will update and I have to wait. It's really annoying especially when I'm working on something emergent. Is there a way I can stop the automatic updating process? Thank you in advance.

:)

Cabinet, Jun 23, 2016

2. Automatic Updating occurs in what state of the pc? OFF/SLEEP/OTHER?

What state MAY (or Must?) the PC be in to allow automatic updating? OFF/SLEEP/OTHER?

Does WinUpdate do it's thing even if PC is OFF?

Is it different for a Desktop from a Laptop?

James Kolins, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Automatic Updating occurs in what state of the pc? OFF/SLEEP/OTHER?

Same for all PCs, it will wake up and install updates in the sleep state (or of course if the computer is already awake).

If the computer is actually off, then it will just wait until the next scheduled maintenance time you've chosen in the control panel.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Automatic updating, what to do? - Similar Threads - Automatic updating

2. Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?: Will my Dell XPS 8950 with Windows 11 Version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-a-desktop-running-windows-11-version-22h2-be/4fe952ab-652a-4b0f-ba91-dd532099ce7f
  3. Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a desktop running windows 11 version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2?: Will my Dell XPS 8950 with Windows 11 Version 22H2 be automatically updated to version 23H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-a-desktop-running-windows-11-version-22h2-be/4fe952ab-652a-4b0f-ba91-dd532099ce7f
  4. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  5. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  6. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  7. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  8. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...
  10. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...