Windows 10: Automatic Windows Updates Stuck at 1%

Discus and support Automatic Windows Updates Stuck at 1% in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have my settings on to receive windows updates automatically. In the past three weeks I keep seeing that in the history all updates have failed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by piano0105, Feb 29, 2016.

1. piano0105 Win User

Automatic Windows Updates Stuck at 1%

I have my settings on to receive windows updates automatically. In the past three weeks I keep seeing that in the history all updates have failed to either download or install. Is there a way to fix this problem?

:)

piano0105, Feb 29, 2016

2. Windows update stuck at "installing updates 1 of 1.." Page

Hi,

First check if you can boot to safe mode and how does it work in safe mode.

Safe mode is a troubleshooting mode that can help you isolate problems. Safe mode disables unnecessary programs and drivers at startup, so you can determine whether it's a basic setting or driver that's causing your issues.

If safe mode works fine then try clean boot and boot to normal mode from safe mode.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note:

After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Since you are unable to boot to the desktop you can create aWindows 10 installation disc. Using that disc
    you can perform the following troubleshooting methods.

Booting to Recovery Environment with Windows 10 installation media.

This is an alternate way to boot the PC and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an
    option screen.

e) Click Advanced options in
    Troubleshoot screen.

f) Click Automatic Repair from
    Advanced Options screen.

g) Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

h) Windows 10 will then look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Anannya Podder, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Vignesh.k Win User
    Windows update stuck at "installing updates 1 of 1.." Page

After downloading free win 10 update..i m stuck at the "keep your pc on until this is done.installing update 1 of 1..." Page for more than 5 hours.

please help!

any way to continue..? Or how to recover at this point..?

Vignesh.k, Feb 29, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Feb 29, 2016
  5. robmar0se Win User
    Mine stuck (actually corrupted the Update folders) because I installed an AV during a Defender update I(something new to be aware of).

In addition to the above I uninstalled the AV, did manual updates to Defender so it was fully up-to-ate (don't need Windows Update for that). Thus I knew I wouldn't be caught again.

Then did the what was suggested in the previous post to delete the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folders (did it in safemode).

My updates then started again properly, and going fwd as I write. Once done I will turn off Defender as it can't co-exist now (as it used to) with AV programs.. I shall then re-install the AV. Whether you want Defender or another AV, is of course your choice.

robmar0se, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic Windows Updates Stuck at 1% - Similar Threads - Automatic Updates Stuck

2. Windows Stuck in automatic repairs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Stuck in automatic repairs: I recently change my pc case and after plugging in everything for the first time, i could open windows normally. But after that i shut down the computer bc i want to pack the cables properly. I turn on the pc and turn it off by pressing the power button a couple times and the...
  3. Windows 10 automatic update stuck at 84%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic update stuck at 84%: I restarted my PC this morning and it had a update to be installed. It has been stuck at 84% for over 3 hours now. Can I safely power cycle the PC even though it says not to power it off? Will it back off the update once I power cycle it?...
  4. Windows download stuck at 1%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows download stuck at 1%: I'm downloading Windows 10 to a usb to install onto my desktop it was working fine and got up to 70% in about 15 minutes then my pc decided now would be a good time to update windows 7 and restart , I go through the process of downloading windows 10 to the usb again but it's...
  5. Windows recovery is stuck at 1%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows recovery is stuck at 1%: I started the recovery to clean the drives and it went from "preparing" to restoring at 1% and haven't moved (the dots animation is stuck as well). Any suggestions? submitted by /u/heitorvb [link] [comments]...
  6. Stuck at 1% again

Stuck at 1% again: Hello, This always happens when I try to restart this PC "keep files," and I am always stuck on 1%. I did it from the troubleshoot, from the the advance restart, so I can't click "cancel". What should I do? Sorry for the bad grammar, I am in a...
  7. Windows stuck in automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck in automatic repair: A few days ago, my computer started up automatically at 1am. I shut it down fairly quickly because it's loud enough to prevent me from sleeping (nothing wrong with the hardware, it's just close to where I sleep and loud by design). I'm assuming it was trying to update...
  8. Windows Automatic Updates - stuck on Build 15063

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Automatic Updates - stuck on Build 15063: Every few months my Toshiba Satellite L870-14X laptop fails to update. I leave it to run all night (usually for 10 hours), restart it a few times and then it "reverts back to previous build". Should I be concerned? The main issue is the the laptop is out of action for so...
  9. Windows update stuck at downloading updates 1%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update stuck at downloading updates 1%: Hey, so I have this problem, I have installed fresh windows 10 about a month ago and now I wanted to check for updates, and well, that works, but if I want to actually install them, it says it's downloading the updates but no network activity other than google chrome is...
  10. Anniversary Update Stuck at 1%

Anniversary Update Stuck at 1%: I downloaded the Anniversary update on my Alienware M17 laptop (16Gb Ram, i7CPU). The download all went well, but when I restarted, it is still stuck, after 4 hours. The screen says: Working on updates 1% Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while. I was able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1903 stuck at 1%

2. working on windows updates 1%

3. Computer stuck at 1% update for 4 hours

4. win 10 working on updates stuck 1% blue screen,
  5. microsoft initial update stuck at 1%,
  6. windows 10 1903 1%,
  7. windows update stuck on 1%,
  8. windows update at 1% stuck,
  9. windows update fails at 1%,
  10. windows 10 1809 update restarts at 1%,
  11. win10 feature update 1809 stuck on 1%,