Windows 10: Automatic wiping out of IP configuration and disabling of DHCP while switching back and...

Discus and support Automatic wiping out of IP configuration and disabling of DHCP while switching back and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All my three computers - 1 desktop and 2 laptops - run on the latest and updated version of Windows 10 (as on 26-Jul-2018) and share the same broadband... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bibasu Ijam, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Automatic wiping out of IP configuration and disabling of DHCP while switching back and...

All my three computers - 1 desktop and 2 laptops - run on the latest and updated version of Windows 10 (as on 26-Jul-2018) and share the same broadband line via a WiFi router. The issue that i'm describing below is common to all the machines and i guess the issue could be a mix-up of two or more separate issues.

Firstly, the broadband connection in all my machines CAN'T "Obtain an IP address automatically" and so can't access the internet although all the machines can establish a connection with the WiFi router. This, i guess is the principle issue related to Windows 10. Nevertheless, i CAN access the internet by "manually" entering the IP configuration in the "General" tab of TCP/IPv4's (WiFi) Properties window. As long as i remain on the broadband WiFi connection, i face no issues in accessing the net.

Problem starts every time i switch to one of the hotspots started from any of the several mobile phones, including from an iPhone. Again all the machines do establish wireless connection with the mobile hotspot but cannot access the net. So every time i run the Windows Network Diagnostics tool (WNDT), i get the same report viz. the DHCP is disabled which gets successfully enabled when i choose to "fix the problem as administrator" from the option prompted by WNDT. Thereafter as long as i remain on the mobile hotspot, (again) i face no issues in accessing the net.

But again problem starts every time i want to switch/connect back to broadband from mobile phone hotspot viz. my machines cannot "automatically" access the net although they establish wireless connection with the broadband WiFi router. On running the WNDT, i always get the same message which says that the connection does not have a valid IP address. So every time what i'm compelled to do is this: Go to Control Panel> Open Network and Sharing Center> Click on my Broadband connection name (in blue hypertext) near "Connections:" which takes me to Wi-Fi Status window> click on Properties tab under Activity section> On the Wi-Fi Properties window that comes up, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)> Properties> General> Click the radio button for "Use the following IP address" and enter the IP configurations manually. (Here, as soon as i chose the aforementioned radio button, the other radio button for "Use the following DNS server addresses" on the lower section gets automatically selected so i make manual entries there too> OK. Then the yellow exclamation mark on the WiFi icon on the system tray immediately vanishes thereby indicating successful access to the internet.

I want to know how to avoid the repetitive, tedious and time taking manual procedures as explained above and want the internet connection to establish automatically every time i switch back and forth between broadband WiFi connection and mobile hotspot without having to run the WNDT or manually entering the IP configuration.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Bibasu Ijam, Jul 26, 2018
  2. tty23 Win User

5800 Wlan IPv4 settings: How to switch back to DHCP/automatic configuration

Hi,

I am using custom (however the name is on english, in german it is "Benutzerdefiniert") IPv4 settings for

my home wlan on my Nokia 5800. Now I installed a DHCP server and want to switch the settings back to

DHCP on the 5800. Unfortunately I can only change the IP addresses, but not set the configuration to

automatic again. How do I do that?

Any hints will be appreciated Automatic wiping out of IP configuration and disabling of DHCP while switching back and... :)

Johannes

tty23, Jul 26, 2018
  3. pj98RX Win User
    IP configuration in N86 8MP

Yes, you can configure the ip address also manually. You can do this in the WiFi access point settings by going to menu Options > Advanced settings > IPv4 settings. You'll find there the "Phone IP address" parameter which by default is "Automatic" (DHCP)
    but you can override it with a manually configured ip address.

pj98RX, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Automatic wiping out of IP configuration and disabling of DHCP while switching back and...

Windows 10 Wont get IP Address from DHCP Server

To establish automatic IP address configuration, you will need to enable the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) to your computer. It automatically assigns IP addresses that are unique from the network.

In addition, you need to make sure that you are not using a static IP address. Manual setting of IP address causes conflicts throughout the network.

Visit this article to know how to enable DHCP. The article contains all the necessary information and troubleshooting
    guides related to network connectivity.

Keep us posted if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Sher Amo, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Automatic wiping out of IP configuration and disabling of DHCP while switching back and...

1. Automatic wiping out of IP configuration and disabling of DHCP while switching back and... - Similar Threads - Automatic wiping configuration

2. A question about DHCP and static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A question about DHCP and static IP: Hello,In a local network that computers get IP addresses from a DHCP server, if someone set a static IP on his\her network adapter, then is it possible for the DHCP server to give the IP address that this user manually set on his network card to another computer?Thank you....
  3. DHCP reverting back to a static IP after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP reverting back to a static IP after reboot: This should be simple but I had a static IP set for patching and such. Moved to DHCP and now after every reboot it is reverting back to static IP. Ive tried setting to DHCP and /release and ./renew but just sets it to the same static IP.Any thought...
  4. DHCP reverting back to a static IP after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP reverting back to a static IP after reboot: This should be simple but I had a static IP set for patching and such. Moved to DHCP and now after every reboot it is reverting back to static IP. Ive tried setting to DHCP and /release and ./renew but just sets it to the same static IP.Any thought...
  5. DHCP reverting back to a static IP after reboot

6. I can not configure 1 PC on my network to a Static IP - only DHCP

in Windows 10 Support
    I can not configure 1 PC on my network to a Static IP - only DHCP: Hello: I had my PC (Windows 10 Pro - V21H1 Build 19043.1165 Experience 120.2212.3530..0 64 bit) configured with a static IP address and it was cooperating with my Router - ASUS RT AC 5300, until I flashed an update to the firmware MerlinWRT V. RT-AC5300_386.3_0. All the other...
  7. DHCP Ip assignment Latency

DHCP Ip assignment Latency: HiI seem to have an issue with IP assignment latency. We just upgraded all our pc to faster SSD based laptop. and just really noticed it. Here is the situation. Cold boot the laptop to Domain login prompt. At this point the Wired or wireless NIC says network not found. if we...
  8. Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router

Invalid IP Configuration and Unavailable DHCP on Working Router: Hello, I am having an odd problem. My newly built PC began having WiFi issues just the other evening, out of the blue. I have attempted to narrow the problems as much as possible, and am at a loss. Thus far, my findings and situation are as follows. I can connect to my...
  9. IP configuration

IP configuration: I have an invalid ethernet IP configuration How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-configuration/68dba2ae-b177-4474-8934-e933563f839c
  10. IP Configuration

IP Configuration: I installed latest Windows 10 update and now cannot connect via ethernet network. I get the message "Ethernet Does Not Have A Valid IP Configuration"! I have rebooted, restarted, reloaded drivers, spoke to ISP and all points to latest update - Can ANYONE help?...