Windows 10: Automatically add line-feeds to pasted items Windows 10 /Office 2016

Discus and support Automatically add line-feeds to pasted items Windows 10 /Office 2016 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This question probably should be in an Outlook forum but all I have checked have no solution to it. Yet it seems like a simple enough request. When... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by questorfla, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Automatically add line-feeds to pasted items Windows 10 /Office 2016

This question probably should be in an Outlook forum but all I have checked have no solution to it. Yet it seems like a simple enough request.

When pasting an item into an email in Outlook, I often add images and URL links.

Even if only pasting plain-text, i would like to automatically add at least one linefeed and preferably two to every pasted object..

This 'sets off' the pasted text or image from the main body of the email but more importantly, when dealing with pasted hyperlinks, they only show as 'active' after they have a linefeed added at the end.. And without that linefeed, I sometimes accidentally add text to the URL which makes it an invalid link.

This is probably a function of MS Office itself as I have a batch script that creates a list of hyperlinks in an .rtf file and then attaches file that to an email.

When the recipient opens that file in Word, none of the hyperlink will open as they should until; the recipient adds a linefeed to the end of each item. The same thing happnes if I create a .doc file as well.

This leads me to believe that this behavior is true with all MS Office documents, not just Outlook. It occurs to me that there might be some way to add a "custom paste" option that would do the "Paste Plus two line feeds" but i have not been able to find a way to do that either.

Any advice appreciated.

:)

questorfla, Jul 26, 2017
  2. roystreet Win User

Cant Find Bullets On Word -Windows Phone 8

Hello, I recently got my new Nokia windows phone and I love that it has office on it...but when I'm making a new word document on it, there is no option to add bulleted items, nor numbered items. If I open a document previously made on my desktop with bullets,
    they show up, but when I copy the bulleted line and paste it in a new word document, it doesn't paste the bullets...

Any thoughts? I believe you could do it in previous versions of word

Thanks,? -

roystreet, Jul 26, 2017
  3. COM Surrogate Keeps Trying to Email

I have the same issue with the annoying window popping up regarding no email program associated with the requested action. After reading Mario L's post I discovered that, for me too, the culprit is CortanaMapiHelper. At least I know it's not malware, but
    I'd like to know how to fix this.

This started after I installed Office 2016 and then uninstalled Office 2007.

I just checked program defaults and Outlook 2016 has 6/14 defaults set. These are the actions that Outlook 2016 is NOT currently the default for:

.ics iCalendar file (unknown application)

.oft OFT file (unknown application)

.vcf vCard File (unknown application)

.vcs vCalendarFile (unknown application)

FEED URL:Outlook Add RSS Feed (unknown application)

FEEDS URL:Outlook Add RSS Feed (unknown application)

MAILTO URL:MailToProtocol (Not selected)

WEBCAL URL:Add Internet Calendar (Not selected)

I'm not sure which of these Cortana is complaining about. I guess I'll just set OL 2016 as the default for all of them and see what happens...

Automatically add line-feeds to pasted items Windows 10 /Office 2016 [​IMG]

Slipp3ryWeevil, Jul 26, 2017
Thema:

Automatically add line-feeds to pasted items Windows 10 /Office 2016

1. Automatically add line-feeds to pasted items Windows 10 /Office 2016 - Similar Threads - Automatically add line

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  4. Office 2016 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2016 and Windows 10: Hello there! Can I load Office 2016 with Windows 10? Do I need to switch out of S Mode to do this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016-and-windows-10/1e03d580-f86b-4e75-92ab-05afe819f2ad
  5. Automatically Transfer Pinned Items from Office 2016 to Office 365 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically Transfer Pinned Items from Office 2016 to Office 365 Taskbar: I "upgraded" from Office 2016 to Office 365. Microsoft requires that Office 2016 be uninstalled before installing O365 (booo!). After rebooting my computer, the Office 2016 were removed from my Taskbar, even though I specifically left the bad icons there. But they're gone...
  6. Black Lines and Boxes appearing in all 2016 Microsoft Office Products in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Lines and Boxes appearing in all 2016 Microsoft Office Products in Windows 10: One of our staff members computers is having an issue with all 2016 Microsoft Office 64bit products. The screenshots show the issue in Outlook. There was also a problem in Excel and Word. When dragging an Excel or Word document onto the monitor (not full screen) it was fine,...
  7. Office 2016, Windows 10, and NordVPN

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016, Windows 10, and NordVPN: [img] I'm trying to save a document directly to my onedrive folder but Excel is telling me there is no internet connection. That is false; my internet connection is fine I just use the NordVPN client. Is there any way to fix this? I'm wondering if it's because the Click...
  8. Windows 10; Office 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10; Office 2016: Suddenly the keyboard does not start up with num lock ON! Cannot find any settings relating to this. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-office-2016/ea4a6ad5-06d7-4757-88e4-ed1333e027df
  9. Office 2016 SharePoint in Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 SharePoint in Windows 10: What is the function of SharePoint? Is it something like ftp or... Thank you 75991
  10. Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Office 2016 Updates [img] Information By default, Click-to-Run installations of Microsoft Office 2016 are configured to automatically update your Office installation when new...