Windows 10: Automatically add Product key?

Discus and support Automatically add Product key? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a valid product key for Win10 Pro and is there a way to slipstream my key so I don't have to enter it manually during setup? I made my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Automatically add Product key?

I have a valid product key for Win10 Pro and is there a way to slipstream my key so I don't have to enter it manually during setup?

I made my install using the MCT tool and a bootable USB flash drive

Using UEFI as well if that matters.

:)

win10freak, Dec 25, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Product key changes automatically

Go Settings, Updates, Activation.

If your computer is activated there is no longer a need for a key.

lacrumb, Dec 25, 2016
  3. Product key changes automatically

My original product key changes automatically to a fake product key after restarting.

ArkaSrinjoySinha, Dec 25, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

Automatically add Product key?

If you have already installed win10 on the device using a key, you never have to enter the key again - keys are held on Microsoft's servers which prevents a key being used more than once and makes things easier for legitimate re-installs. Logiin in wit a Microsoft account also ties the Key to that ID and allows the re-install onto hardware with changes, (motherboard), which would previously have required a call to Microsoft

Barman58, Dec 25, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Use notepad to make a file called PID.txt and put the following in the file:

[PID]
    Value=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Place your Windows 10 product key in where the X's are and save the file to the /sources directory of your Windows 10 installation USB flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Dec 25, 2016
  6. Will try the pid method-thanks!

win10freak, Dec 25, 2016
  7. It worked. Thanks as always.

win10freak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Automatically add Product key?

1. Automatically add Product key? - Similar Threads - Automatically add Product

2. why is there no product key for activation after an automatic update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why is there no product key for activation after an automatic update?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 Pro, which I had automatically installed from the web after Microsoft nagged me to do it, from a previous version of Windows. The previous version of Windows worked just fine but I gave in to the nagging. After that, I could not activate my new...
  3. why is there no product key for activation after an automatic update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there no product key for activation after an automatic update?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 Pro, which I had automatically installed from the web after Microsoft nagged me to do it, from a previous version of Windows. The previous version of Windows worked just fine but I gave in to the nagging. After that, I could not activate my new...
  4. why is there no product key for activation after an automatic update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key

Product key: I bought this pc in Vietnam and it was prebuilt so all they did was bring the pc to me when they are done building it, now the window 10 keep asking to activate window but I don't know how to get my product key can you please help me out?...
  6. product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key: Does the product key change when you upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 or is the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/933697b4-a060-4315-aedc-0335406f38e6
  7. Production key

Production key: I am setting up a new device and I am unable to find the production key. Where do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/production-key/a11891af-dd1c-4557-8312-d678b52a4ffd"
  8. product key

product key: I cannot locate my product key; windows was purchased online many moons ago.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/5d044289-bb1e-4f80-82f5-1e600cbedbd8"
  9. product key

product key: how do I find my original product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/44f5a066-1fc6-4ce2-a8b8-de9069c1d2c9"
  10. Automatic repair loop | no product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop | no product key: My Windows 10 pc is on Automatic repair loop and I try to fix it but none of the fixes I've tried aren't working so I want to do a clean install but I can't find the product key and I don't know how to find it while it's on automatic repair loop. Please help...