Windows 10: automatically add two carriage returns to all pasted text or images

Discus and support automatically add two carriage returns to all pasted text or images in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems there used to be a windows interface for the clipbrd.exe utility but if there is one in Windows 10 I cannot find it. I am trying to add 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Feb 14, 2016.

1. automatically add two carriage returns to all pasted text or images

It seems there used to be a windows interface for the clipbrd.exe utility but if there is one in Windows 10 I cannot find it.
    I am trying to add 2 <cr> (line break) or <Enter> characters to the end of anything I put in the clipboard before it gets pasted back. Since different applications appear to treat pasted items differently I would prefer to have them even if they are "extra" or in addition to any added by pasting into a particular program. 99% of the time, I am pasting to Notepad. But it seems that i get the same results no matter what i paste to or copy from. The text or image that is copied always pastes to everything with no break. If i click Paste (or Ctrl+v) twice in a row I get the items or text exactly side by side, no "eof" marker or anything else.
    When trying to copy text to create a "list" it requires clicking <Enter> twice after each paste to get it double spaced. Or at least once to keep it from not even going to the next line. In windows 7 it seems the default action included a line-feed after the paste and it was an issue to try to strip out the <cr>'s. Is there any way to get them back in Windows 10?

:)

questorfla, Feb 14, 2016
  2. CRT73 Win User

WP7 calendar notes field not syncing with Exchange 2003

k, another addendum to this to pass along..

If I have a carriage-return in my notes it doesn't seem to sync to the server.. i.e. I can make an appointment on the device with a bunch of text, but without a carriage-return, and it makes it to the server.

If I add a carriage return and more text to the appointment notes once it hits the server, it does make it back to the phone again, but if I change it on the device it doesn't make it back up again..

Is anyone reading these?

CRT.

CRT73, Feb 14, 2016
  3. 5800XpressMusic - problem entering carriage returns on web

I can enter carriage returns (either hitting the key in the QWERTY keyboard or hitting 0 three times) when texting, writing notes, and using my mailbox set up in messages, but I can't enter carriage returns when editing text boxes on webpages. Webmail,
    comment boxes on Facebook etc, either the carriage return key simply doesn't work, or the carriage return mark appears and is then ignored, and text continues on the same line.

Very frustrating - does anyone know of a fix or a workaround for this?

panderson1979, Feb 14, 2016
  4. automatically add two carriage returns to all pasted text or images

Not exactly what I wanted but darned close. Program called Ditto. Does this and much more

questorfla, Feb 22, 2016
Thema:

automatically add two carriage returns to all pasted text or images

1. automatically add two carriage returns to all pasted text or images - Similar Threads - automatically add carriage

2. Pasting image into Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pasting image into Paint: After recent Windows update, Microsoft Paint started pasting images from clipboard in reduced size/quality. Pasting the same image from the clipboard into Word document - pasts normal. I have been using Paint for 15 years every day, and only recently I ran into this problem....
  3. Frequent BSOD for the past two days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD for the past two days.: Here's my pc setup: EVGA GTX 1060 3gb vengeance 3000mhz 8x2 gb DDR4 ram 250gb SSD(Boot drive) + 1 TB HDD Ryzen 1500x GA-AX370m Till 2 days ago my new pc was running just fine, it had had two bsod's in the past but they got fixed pretty quickly. All of a sudden the bsod...
  4. How to add an image (for two minutes) at the start of a mpg movie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add an image (for two minutes) at the start of a mpg movie: I want to add an image at the start of a mpg movie and want it to show it constant for 2 to 3 minutes before the actual movie start. Can someone explain how to do it. 120374
  5. Batch file paste text

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch file paste text: Suppose I frequently want to enter "Mary had a little lamb." into a form or editor. Can this be done with a batch file? (Yes, I know about AutoHotkey.) 109978
  6. Image of two partitions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image of two partitions: I've a SSD with windows 10,other SATA HD with programs. Is it possible to create an single image of both systems for future restoring purposes? Thanks 52679
  7. Automatically add line-feeds to pasted items Windows 10 /Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Automatically add line-feeds to pasted items Windows 10 /Office 2016: This question probably should be in an Outlook forum but all I have checked have no solution to it. Yet it seems like a simple enough request. When pasting an item into an email in Outlook, I often add images and URL links. Even if only pasting plain-text, i would like...
  8. Copy/paste text using two monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Copy/paste text using two monitors: Hi folks! If this is not in the right forum, please change. Txs. If I add a monitor to my laptop though an HDMI port, is it possible to have separate documents on each monitor, and copy/paste from one to another? If so, how is this done? Thanks for your help. CB...
  9. telnet carriage return (with no line feed)

in Windows 10 Support
    telnet carriage return (with no line feed): I'm using a windows 10 machine and running putty on it to telnet into a video switcher. The video switcher accepts SIS commands and one of the commands is ECI with a carriage return needed at the end of it - with no line feed. I don't really understand how a carriage return...
  10. Text & Image Problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Text & Image Problem?: Hi, I'm new to these forum. I'm going to just cut to the chase. This just started today. How do I fix this: [img] [img] 31626