Windows 10: Automatically change logon screen wallpaper

Discus and support Automatically change logon screen wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi It took me a while to discover that the lock screen and the logon screen are not the same thing. Thankfully I know know that they are different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nickynoo, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Nickynoo Win User

Automatically change logon screen wallpaper

Hi

It took me a while to discover that the lock screen and the logon screen are not the same thing. Thankfully I know know that they are different things.

Whenever I startup windows 10 I always land on the login screen, perfect for security reasons (the password) because I'm the only user of my laptop and I dont want anyone else using it without my permission. But there is a problem, I get tired of seeing the same login wallpaper each time I log on. Like the lock screen wallpaper and the desktop wallpaper can automatically be changed to a "new" picture, Id like to have the same functionality with my login screen. Does anybody know how I can do this? And I dont mean to change the picture on the login screen to just a new picture but to cycle between pictures in a folder of images (or even better windows spotlight pictures (as in the lock screen wallpaper).

Thanks in advance!

:)

Nickynoo, Mar 2, 2016

2. Bing Lockscreen Wallpaper does not update

Yes.. Bing wallpaper changes automatically after recent critical update. Lock screen wallpapers changes automatically after I installed recent critical update on my, Lumia730. Thanks Microsoft for fixing lock screen wallpaper issues.

Bharat Mulani, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Delete Windows 10 Lockscreen Cache

Hi,

My organization would like to be able to push wallpaper's and lockscreen's to our PC's. I have been able to get the wallpapers to update by creating a shutdown script that deletes
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper
    This forces computer to contact the server at every login and redownload the wallpaper. This allows us to replace the image on the server with a new one and the computers will download it at the next startup.

Now I am trying to do the same thing with the lock screen. I have set the group policy's
    Force a specific default lock screen and logon image and
    Prevent changing lock screen and logon image
    . I have pointed the default lock screen GP to our server
    \\file01\wallpaper\background.jpg. When I change the image on the server and keep the same filename nothing happens. The settings will update and show the correct image as a thumbnail but the lock screen still displays the old image. If I edit
    the GP and change it to point to \\file01\wallpaper\background1jpg. I no longer get a logon image at all. Instead I just get a solid lock screen with my accent color. The settings app will again update with the correct image but not the lock
    screen.

Is there a cache file or something that I need to delete at every shutdown for the lock screen to update?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

Nathan Faucher, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

Automatically change logon screen wallpaper

1. Automatically change logon screen wallpaper - Similar Threads - Automatically change logon

2. Desktop and Lock screen Wallpaper changes automatically!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and Lock screen Wallpaper changes automatically!!: The Desktop and lock screen wallpaper of my windows 10 laptop changes automatically to some random image simultaneously. I do not have those images on my laptop, and I have also searched for them in the private windows folder, "C:\Windows\Web". I also do not suspect any virus...
  3. Changing Boot & Logon Screens

Changing Boot & Logon Screens: I'm making a theme for myself & have a few questions: 1. How do I change the Windows 10 Boot Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 2. How do I change the Windows 10 Logon/Lock Screen & can I have it show a different image each time? 171585
  4. Automatically change my lockscreen wallpaper

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Automatically change my lockscreen wallpaper: Recently i change my lock screen wallpaper, and played some music in grove music app, after that the cover photos of these songs automatically set as my lockscreen wallpaper. It changes automatically with no reason. Sorry for my loose english....
  5. Wallpaper automatically changing

Wallpaper automatically changing: I just opened my laptop which has window's 10 and my wallpepar automatically changed to a very creepy picture...i haven't even seen this pic in my intire lifetime but still smh it has automatically became my desktop wallpaper as well as lockscreen wallpaper. Can someone plz...
  6. Lockscreen wallpaper changes automatically

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen wallpaper changes automatically: I use windows 10 home. I have my lockscreen wallpaper set to picture mode and i have no clue how this keeps changing to some other random picture which i never had on my device before. it keeps happening with two pictures only, i have not seen it change to any other than...
  7. GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper change in Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have applied a GPO for Logon Screen Wallpaper but the policy has been already taken by computer , but the wallpaper is not coming in User logon screen. We have Windows 10 Pro operating system. Can you please help regarding this....
  8. [SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

[SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens: Just want to share my experience here. I was having a problem changing the wallpaper on the BOOT screen, the first one you see when you power on the computer. I was only able to customize the wallpaper on my LOCK and LOGON screens through Windows Settings. The wallpaper on...
  9. wallpaper changes automatically

wallpaper changes automatically: my system wallpaper is changing automatically when connected to the internet. please give me a solution how to stop that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/wallpaper-changes-automatically/d113459d-6f87-4bb6-9519-249aa2c9b74f
  10. Change Logon Screen Wallpaper

Change Logon Screen Wallpaper: On the screen where you type your password in, has anyone found a way to change the wallpaper? It's blue windows in smoke and does not match the rest of my theme. Thanks. 12161