Windows 10: Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details

Discus and support Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In my laptop, I was set the folder view in thumbnails, when I was open a folder and return to the original folder it was changed to detail view. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by melbinmathai256, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details

In my laptop, I was set the folder view in thumbnails, when I was open a folder and return to the original folder it was changed to detail view. I was attach the Screenshots to here.

:)

melbinmathai256, Sep 21, 2015

2. Folder view is changed everytime

I was changed the folder view option to 'Thumbnails', then I was open a folder and return to the original folder, the folder view is automatically changed to 'Detailed view'. Again I changed to Thumbnails, but the view is automatically change to detailed
    view.

And also I was change my desktop icons to 'Small Icons', but when I restart or shutdown and start, the icons are changed to 'Large Icons'. It was happen after I was access a external hard disk in pc. After that I was check my pc and the antivirus detect
    the virus and remove that virus. But the problem is still ongoing. Please help me.

Melbin Mathai, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Win 10 Windows Explorer - LAYOUT is greyed out - I cannot show file details

I used to be able to change folders to show file details, thumbnails, or icons. Now I cannot. The LAYOUT section of the VIEW tab is grey. So are the PREVIEW PANE and DETAILS PANE icons. How do I fix this?

DelbertPGH, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details

1. Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details - Similar Threads - Automatically change Folder

2. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing: I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to...
  3. Icons and thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and thumbnails: Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd...
  4. Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail

Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail: Hello everyone *Smile I come with a question to which at this point I am not sure if there is an answer. Back when I had Windows 7 I used Stardock IconPackager to change the icons on my pc, included the ones of the thumbnailed folders, and it worked quite well. Since...
  5. Changing This PC folder icons.

Changing This PC folder icons.: Everyone is quick to remove the folders there, so instead of doing that this time, I decided to change the icons. [img] I had wrote a reg file to do the merging, but..., and not too surprisingly, those pesky windows Permissions got in the way. So, needless to say...
  6. How to change Thumbnail Folder icon in windows 10

How to change Thumbnail Folder icon in windows 10: hello; i have changed folder icons using registry edit, and it worked. But when i change folder view option from small to large, it shows default icon. So is there any way to change thumbnail folder icon ? For reference i am posting below screenshots to further clear my...
  7. Icon/thumbnail views

Icon/thumbnail views: I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including its sub folders, but not every folder because it slows it way down trying to come up with a icon for these big files. Not sure...
  8. Change folder icon

Change folder icon: Hi, I wrote a batch script to set a custom icon to folders: ECHO [.ShellClassInfo]>%1\desktop.in_ ECHO IconResource=C:\Windows\system32\imageres.dll,22>>%1\desktop.in_ move %1\desktop.in_ %1\desktop.ini attrib +S +H %1\desktop.ini The desktop.ini it produces is...
  9. Change File Type Icon in Thumbnail Preview

Change File Type Icon in Thumbnail Preview: I use Google SketchUp a lot and each new model/file I create, SketchUp makes a .skb back up file of the last save. I was able to create a subkey in the registry to associate a different icon file for the .skb files but it does not change the icon if the folder view is set to...
  10. Thumbnails showing as icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails showing as icons: Hi - I hope someone can help When I look at my phone image files through my laptop via USB MTP using Windows10 I can see some file thumbnails as images (those from the DCIM Android folders - DCM images and other JPG images transferred to my phone from my camera) but other...