Windows 10: Automatically open programs on seperate desktop at startup

Discus and support Automatically open programs on seperate desktop at startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. I was wondering if it is possible if I can have specific programs launched at startup , and have them placed on another virtual desktop (i.e... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pablo239, May 27, 2017.

1. pablo239 Win User

Automatically open programs on seperate desktop at startup

Hello all. I was wondering if it is possible if I can have specific programs launched at startup , and have them placed on another virtual desktop (i.e Desktop 2) . In my scenario , I have to manually launch all my hardware monitoring utilities and move them to Desktop 2 , each time the computer starts. Furthermore have the windows placed at the exact position I left it before. It's not so convenient for me having to do this every time. Is there a much better way for it?

:)

pablo239, May 27, 2017

2. Startup: programs automatically open

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

These should help :

Start - Settings - Accounts - on left Sign-in options - on right Privacy - turn off -> Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.

Or another method :

Stop Auto Reopen of Programs after Restart in Windows 10

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/stop-auto-reo...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, May 27, 2017
  3. Startup: programs automatically open

Hey guys can anyone tell me how I can stop windows from reloading what I had before I had shutdown the laptop? Example: I had chrome and a few other programs open before I had shutdown the computer and when I reboot it, at startup chrome and the other
    programs opened up automatically and because of this, my internet is screwed up and there is so much lag! Help me please. Btw this occurred after the windows update

Lawrence Ayala, May 27, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

Not that i'm aware of. Unfortunately, there seems to be no hotkeys to move a window to a specific virtual desktop either.

It's one of the things that make TaskView not worth using in many cases.

Mystere, May 27, 2017
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, May 27, 2017
  6. Mystere Win User
    FYI, the link to the actual download is here: Releases · eksime/VDesk · GitHub

That's an interesting app, I wasn't aware that MS had actually created a virtual desktop API (as minimal as it is, it's still useful)

This tool doesn't ensure that any given app always opens on a specific desktop, but it does allow you to write scripts that will open the app on a specific (or just new) desktop.

There are issues with apps that only like to be open once.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatically open programs on seperate desktop at startup - Similar Threads - Automatically open programs

2. When I open program in one desktop it open automaticly in other desktops in windows 11 dev...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open program in one desktop it open automaticly in other desktops in windows 11 dev...: Hi Everyone I use task view too much in my laptop that works with windows 11 I entered dev channel because I love to have new featuresbut when I upgrade to build 23471 in dev channel I opened vs code and a video in desktop called css After ending 5 videos I go to another...
  3. When I open program in one desktop it open automaticly in other desktops in windows 11 dev...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open program in one desktop it open automaticly in other desktops in windows 11 dev...: Hi Everyone I use task view too much in my laptop that works with windows 11 I entered dev channel because I love to have new featuresbut when I upgrade to build 23471 in dev channel I opened vs code and a video in desktop called css After ending 5 videos I go to another...
  4. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup programs opening then closing immediately: When I start Windows 10, a bunch of programs are supposed to start with it, but none do. A bunch of them go to the system tray they're supposed to, and when I open the system tray, I see all their icons. However, when I hover over each icon, they disappear. In Task Manager ->...
  5. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  6. Certain programs no longer running automatically at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain programs no longer running automatically at startup?: Has anyone noticed this recently? I have a handful of programs, none of which are related, that no longer run automatically at startup. I'm wondering if a recent update did something. submitted by /u/grizzlypass [link] [comments]...
  7. Automatically position program/app windows on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically position program/app windows on startup: I have a triple monitor setup and I want some programs to auto start and also position themselves on certain areas of the screen on certain displays. Any idea how I could do this? Do I need a program like display fusion? submitted by /u/smodtactical [link] [comments]...
  8. Can you open a desktop icon startup automatically?

Can you open a desktop icon startup automatically?: Trying to open a Desktop Icon that opens with each startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-open-a-desktop-icon-startup-automatically/290effe0-f82f-4b2c-9ea9-2dee15251ac4
  9. Programs open randomly on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs open randomly on startup: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time programs will open at startup, these programs can range from programs that have the option to start on startup such as Hotspot Shield VPN, but in a few instances...
  10. Device Manager Automatically Opens on Startup

Device Manager Automatically Opens on Startup: Posting this question so I can answer it for anyone else who runs into this issue since the older thread about this is now locked with no complete solution listed....