Windows 10: Automatically pressing f1 and windows key. This keep happening some times. This is...

Discus and support Automatically pressing f1 and windows key. This keep happening some times. This is... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the windows 11 update there is a problem of auto key pressing. For me its F1 and windows key. So time system behaves like normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by praveen s2, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Automatically pressing f1 and windows key. This keep happening some times. This is...

After the windows 11 update there is a problem of auto key pressing. For me its F1 and windows key. So time system behaves like normal.

:)

praveen s2, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Erika Aro Win User

The f1 key and the f2 key do not work

Hi,

Before upgrading to Windows 10, the keys F1 and F2 were still working. It sounds like a driver-related issue. When upgrading Windows, it does not automatically update the peripheral drivers. The drivers from the previous Windows 8.1 are still installed and
    may need reinstallation by uninstalling them and installing the Windows 10 drivers. To help us understand the situation more, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press
      Windows + R to open the Run window. Type
      winver and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Can you specify on how you use these function keys, with a different key on the board or just solo?
    • Is your keyboard a standard keyboard or a gaming/customizable keyboard?

Additionally, we suggest running the
    Find and fix problems with devices and hardware
    tool to automatically check your computer for hardware compatibility.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Erika Aro, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Press F1 to continue!

Okay, this is what is on the "Press-F1 screen":

Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Star Ally
    Copyright (C) 1984-2003, Phoenix Technologies, LTD

K8M800-M7 A (K8M8M111 BS)

Main Processor : AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 3200+
    Memory Testing : 1047552K OK + 1M TSeg memory

IDE Channel 0 Master : DVDRW 16X16X YTS1
    IDE Channel 0 Slave : None
    IDE Channel 1 Master : None
    IDE Channel 1 Slave : WDE WD2500BB-55GUC0 08.02D08

IDE Channel 2 Master : None
    ***Floppy disk(s) fail (40)one***

Press F8 to Enable System Configuration
    Press F9 to Select Booting Device after POST
    Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP
    01/11/2007-K8M800-8237-6A7L1B0SC-00

I'm going to try some of the things that you guys suggested now.

Well, I figured out what was wrong. It took all of about 2min. of investigation, LOLz. I just never took the time to try to figure it out because it really didn't bother me to press F1.

Thanks for the help guys!

Franklinwallbrown, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Automatically pressing f1 and windows key. This keep happening some times. This is...

Volume connected with f1- can't get it to work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to know the details requested below:

• When you say, “the volume wont work its connected to the f1 key” are you not able to get sound on your computer?
    • Which update was installed on the computer? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type: winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Ideally, the F1 key is used as the help key in most of the programs. It opens a help screen when the F1 key is pressed.

Meanwhile, you may want to try the steps mentioned below:

If you are trying to use the F1 key to control volume on the computer, you may want to press
    Fn key + F1 and see if that helps.

However, if you do not get sound on your computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Automatically pressing f1 and windows key. This keep happening some times. This is...

1. Automatically pressing f1 and windows key. This keep happening some times. This is... - Similar Threads - Automatically pressing key

2. Automatically pressing f1 and windows key. This keep happening some times. This is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically pressing f1 and windows key. This keep happening some times. This is...: After the windows 11 update there is a problem of auto key pressing. For me its F1 and windows key. So time system behaves like normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-pressing-f1-and-windows-key-this/487ece13-a273-42e1-90a1-d29ee6e65d1f
  3. Why are some of my keys pressing 2 keys at the same time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some of my keys pressing 2 keys at the same time?: Hi so recently my laptop has been pressing two keys at the same time. for example if i were to thpe the letter y it comes up as "hy" this is the same as if i were trying to the h. this also happens with g and t which comes up as "gt". also when i press the volume down botton...
  4. Why are some of my keys pressing 2 keys at the same time?

Why are some of my keys pressing 2 keys at the same time?: Hi so recently my laptop has been pressing two keys at the same time. for example if i were to thpe the letter y it comes up as "hy" this is the same as if i were trying to the h. this also happens with g and t which comes up as "gt". also when i press the volume down botton...
  5. Some of my keys stop working for few seconds and on multiple time pressing the key the key...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some of my keys stop working for few seconds and on multiple time pressing the key the key...: I have Dell Inspiron 5408 laptop. Some of my keys in laptop like p [ ] ; ' / are not working when I press them for the first time. After pressing them mulitple times they start working again for a while then again it stops. I am using Windows 10 version. Please help me out....
  6. How come when I press "FN" button and any of the "f1 to 12" keys nothing works and happens?

How come when I press "FN" button and any of the "f1 to 12" keys nothing works and happens?: When I press the FN key at the bottom of my keyboard while pressing the like the screen brightness function key above, which is F5, nothing happens. This goes for any of the F1 to 12 keys. It seemed to happen after I re-downloaded and installed Windows 10 again....
  7. How come when I press "FN" button and any of the "f1 to 12" keys nothing works and happens?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How come when I press "FN" button and any of the "f1 to 12" keys nothing works and happens?: When I press the FN key at the bottom of my keyboard while pressing the like the screen brightness function key above, which is F5, nothing happens. This goes for any of the F1 to 12 keys. It seemed to happen after I re-downloaded and installed Windows 10 again....
  8. laptop keys are pressed automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keys are pressed automatically: hi, i am using windows 10 version 2004 on hp laptop. recently i noticed that my ''END'' button is working itself. i tried uninstalling driver and restart but the problem didn't go away. plz someone help me fix this. thanks in advance...
  9. Computer automatically pressing keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer automatically pressing keys: To start off, I'm 100% sure that nothing was pressing on my keyboard's keys, since when I saw it happening I checked my keyboard. Essentially, the windows key was pressed and 'w' 's' and 'a' were typed a bunch into the search box. I've seen this happen before, and now it's...
  10. The home key presses automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The home key presses automatically: Recently my Dell Inspiron 3542 started to bug out. The home key would press automatically (not physically). It is making work a nightmare. submitted by /u/RhythmJuneja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghg2ze/the_home_key_presses_automatically/