Windows 10: Automatically scan files downloaded with Chrome?

Discus and support Automatically scan files downloaded with Chrome? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it possible to set up Windows Defender or whatever to automatically scan files I download with Google Chrome Browser? 89700 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by THX1138, Jul 23, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Automatically scan files downloaded with Chrome?

Is it possible to set up Windows Defender or whatever to automatically scan files I download with Google Chrome Browser?

:)

THX1138, Jul 23, 2017

2. Scanning files downloaded from the internet with Windows 10 defender

Windows Defender automatically scans files as you download-so you do not need to scan them individually.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Laptop Shuts Down (instead of Sleeping) When I Close the Lid

So am I supposed to download this, run Windows Defender's Virus Scan, and Microsoft Safety Scanner will automatically link with the Windows Defender software as it scans? Or am I actually supposed to open the downloaded app and scan my system from there?

Because when I tried to use the app by double-clicking on the file from my Downloads menu, a dialog popped up telling me that it doesn't work for my version of Windows. Is it designed to work for 64-bit Windows 10?

ComatoseLaptop, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Automatically scan files downloaded with Chrome?

TairikuOkami, Jul 23, 2017
Thema:

Automatically scan files downloaded with Chrome?

1. Automatically scan files downloaded with Chrome? - Similar Threads - Automatically scan files

2. automatic update files download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic update files download: I have limited data on my satellite internet service of 40GB. When MS downloads the almost monthly update files, it uses 25% of my monthly allotment. I have a free download period during the early morning and want to do the download at that time.This is costing my around $20...
  3. automatic update files download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic update files download: I have limited data on my satellite internet service of 40GB. When MS downloads the almost monthly update files, it uses 25% of my monthly allotment. I have a free download period during the early morning and want to do the download at that time.This is costing my around $20...
  4. automatic update files download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. automatic file download is disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    automatic file download is disabled: why is my automatic file download is disabled? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-file-download-is-disabled/240e0fba-6b12-4f47-a2d5-57211e079c35
  6. Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED: Hi Everyone, I keep getting the message VIRUS SCAN FAILED when I try and download files from all sites on the internet. However can download Windows Updates. Any suggestions would be extremely welcomed. Thank you in advance, John...
  7. Deleting downloaded files automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting downloaded files automatically: Hi, I want to ask a question. Is there any app or build in feature that asks you if you want to delete downloaded file right after you downloaded so you don't have to navigate to "Downloads" folder or any other where your downloaded files are stored? E.g. when you want to...
  8. Automatic File Downloads

Automatic File Downloads: I keep all of my music files in OneDrive, online. The songs are all in my i-tunes library. For years. When I played a song, it just played it. There was no hesitation. Now this dialogue box started appearing today, and it has to download the song to play it. I'm...
  9. is there an app that download google chrome bookmarks automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there an app that download google chrome bookmarks automatically?: i really like to read articles, but my stupid connection go down on a regular(third world problems LOL) so i there an app/chome extension that download full wab pages every time i save them as a bookmark ps: i really don't know if this is the right sub for this question,...
  10. Automatic File Downloads

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic File Downloads: Hi In Settings Privacy Automatic File Downloads, is there a related registry key to control it? Thanks 133766

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scanning downloaded files automatically