Windows 10: Automatically size and position certain windows

Discus and support Automatically size and position certain windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 pro x64. I have an UHD monitor and would really like it if there was a way or application to set up certain windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dinger, May 29, 2016.

1. Dinger Win User

Automatically size and position certain windows

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 pro x64.

I have an UHD monitor and would really like it if there was a way or application to set up certain windows to be a specific place on the screen and a specific size when they open.

For example, each time I want to save or load any file a small dialogue box appears which I need to resize to the screen height. I do actually need the dialogue box to be that size.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

:)

Dinger, May 29, 2016

2. App/program windows open in random sizes and locations

Hi, Mark. Happy New Year!

Certain programs consistently open in odd sizes and positions--MS Word, MS Excel, Google Chrome--to name three I use regularly. Chrome would open in a window so tiny that all that was visible was the minimize, restore, and maximize buttons and a few letters
    of the title bar. I sometimes have Excel and Word open together, each using part of the screen, while I copy information from one program to the other. That tends to drive the sizes and positions of the program windows.

Other programs--Windows Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, MS Outlook and PowerPoint, Quicken--seem unaffected. They'll open maximized or nearly so every time.

RossLampert, May 29, 2016
  3. BENQ projector connection issue

When my laptop was using Windows 8, it could automatically detect the connected BENQ projector. After upgraded to Windows 10, it cannot detect the BENQ projector. Although it shows a message saying device not detected, it could duplicate or switch to the
    screen to the projector. But it shows just a small screen. I could not change the size, horizontal position, or the vertical position.

Is there any solution? Driver?

EdwinshLeung, May 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you have a look at Autohotkey (free) you can quite readily write a simple script which watches for certain windows (e.g. by title) and then if found, moves them to a certain position.

Here's one command (from Autohotkey help) which should do part of what you need:

Automatically size and position certain windows [​IMG]

dalchina, May 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Automatically size and position certain windows - Similar Threads - Automatically size position

2. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  3. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  4. How to automatically reopen windows after restart WITHOUT change in their position and size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to automatically reopen windows after restart WITHOUT change in their position and size?: Hi I've been trying to find a way to automate reopening windows after I restart the Windows and prevent resizing or repositioning of the windows that I left open. i've tried turning on the "automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them after I sign...
  5. How to automatically reopen windows after restart WITHOUT change in their position and size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to automatically reopen windows after restart WITHOUT change in their position and size?: Hi I've been trying to find a way to automate reopening windows after I restart the Windows and prevent resizing or repositioning of the windows that I left open. i've tried turning on the "automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them after I sign...
  6. Screen position/size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen position/size: I am working on replacing an arcade screen with a 43inch flat screen but my issue is after setting the orentiation some of the bottom (left side) will be hidden by the cabinet i need to set the screen position so that the screen is inside my glass frame but I cannot find any...
  7. Window Size and Position

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Size and Position: I might already have a thread about this. An application window will have a given size and position upon initial installation. I have a window which has had both changed since its initial installation. I want to restore the original values. I tried uninstalling it and...
  8. ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ShellfolderFix not remembering windows size/position: Recently started having problems with the fantastic little utility written by a member of the Windows 7 forums, whom I'm hoping now frequents these forums too. For some reason, shellfolderfix 1.1.15 is no longer remembering windows sizes/positions. I've removed it, deleted...
  9. window size and position

window size and position: HOW IS IT THAT WINDOWS10 CANNOT REMEMBER THE SIZE AND POSITION OF AN OPEN WINDOW/APPLICATION AFTER IT HAS BEEN CLOSED AND THEN RE-OPENED? I've done a quick search that revealed that previous versions of Windows have had the same issue with the system failing to do the...
  10. App size/position

App size/position: Hi, I recently had a problem with my PC where I had to reset it and I took a photo of my desktop so I can re download everything.[ATTACH] As you can see the icons are miss aligned. Does anyone know a fix to this?...