Windows 10: Automatically sync a folder when content change

Discus and support Automatically sync a folder when content change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018.

1. WebMaximus Win User

Automatically sync a folder when content change

I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my photos using a simple batch file and the robocopy command.

What I would like if possible is for my batch file to be executed whenever anything changes in the folder where I keep the photos meaning the external USB drive would be automatically updated instead of me having to run the batch file manually.

Sorry for the maybe a bit confusing explanation but in short what I'm wondering is if there's an easy way to have the contents in folder B synced with folder A whenever something changes in folder A.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

:)

WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Brandon.Jones Win User

Display of names of folder contents

Not sure if this is a Win10 problem or a software problem but here goes: When I open a folder the contents are always displayed as icons, which forces me to change it to a list each and every time, which is a time-consuming nuisance! Is there any way to
    show the contents as a list by default?

Many thanks for any help.

Brandon.Jones, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Syed Abdul Jabbar Win User
    Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Automatically sync a folder when content change

1. Automatically sync a folder when content change - Similar Threads - Automatically sync folder

2. Automatically sync a folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatically sync a folder: I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my...
  3. folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder sync: Hi, i want to sync folders between 3 computers - windows 10, 7 embedded and XP. what is the best way to do it? 75725
  4. Contents of folders loading slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folders loading slow: Ever since I did a Factory Image Restore, the contents of folders load slow or not at all. What can I do to resolve this? 106640
  5. "Access is Denied" when trying to view contents of shared folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Access is Denied" when trying to view contents of shared folder: So I bit the bullet and "upgraded" my laptop from Windows 7 to 10. I expected to find a few things that didn't work anymore, but not so soon as this. I keep it in sync with my desktop PC (running XP) by net-sharing its hard drive, with permission for full control granted to...
  6. Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details: In my laptop, I was set the folder view in thumbnails, when I was open a folder and return to the original folder it was changed to detail view. I was attach the Screenshots to here. 23618
  7. Lost "more" folders content

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "more" folders content: I have just installed Windows 10 on my computer. I have come to realize the content of my "MORE" folders is missing. These folders are important to me. How can I retrieve them? 95025
  8. Doc folder contents display on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Doc folder contents display on desktop: The contents of my documents folder permanently display all over my desktop. Ive heard this is a common problem but cannot find a resolution Help 76965
  9. Windows not showing folder contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows not showing folder contents: I recently bought a new PC with W10 installed and all seems to have gone smoothly with transferring files etc from my old PC to the new machine. I ran Duplicate Cleaner before the transfer and again afterwards as it was obvious there were some folders that had not been picked...
  10. Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.: FreeFileSync is a respected and efficient freeware/donationware for carrying out backups of changed files (eg., documents, pictures etc.). My FreeFileSync profiles (which specify how changed files will be copied to the backup) now have Photoshop icons, both the enclosing...