Automatically sync a folder when content change

Discus and support Automatically sync a folder when content change in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018.

1. WebMaximus Win User

I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my photos using a simple batch file and the robocopy command.

What I would like if possible is for my batch file to be executed whenever anything changes in the folder where I keep the photos meaning the external USB drive would be automatically updated instead of me having to run the batch file manually.

Sorry for the maybe a bit confusing explanation but in short what I'm wondering is if there's an easy way to have the contents in folder B synced with folder A whenever something changes in folder A.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

:)

WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Brandon.Jones Win User

Display of names of folder contents

Not sure if this is a Win10 problem or a software problem but here goes: When I open a folder the contents are always displayed as icons, which forces me to change it to a list each and every time, which is a time-consuming nuisance! Is there any way to
    show the contents as a list by default?

Many thanks for any help.

Brandon.Jones, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Syed Abdul Jabbar Win User
    Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Automatically sync a folder when content change - Similar Threads - Automatically sync folder

1. Falcon10 | Automatically center your taskbar icons!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Falcon10 | Automatically center your taskbar icons!: Hey all! I am just working on a little side project called Falcon10. This application automatically centers you taskbar icons in the middle! All pinned icons will be centered too like file explorer in the screenshots. Requirements Windows 10 x64 1803 .NET Framework 4.7.2...
  2. Automatically sync a folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatically sync a folder: I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my...
  3. Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email.: Hi, I hope someone can help with this problem. The Mail app is no longer syncing my email automatically. I have to open the app and click the sync button manually for email to update. I see the app no longer runs in the background as it did when I first upgraded to...
  4. Mail app does not sync messages automatically

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not sync messages automatically: I've upgraded my HP Envy Ultrabook with preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 10 about a month ago. All works enough smoothly - except the intrinsic Windows Mail & Calendar apps. They don't sync their contents automatically, even with my main Microsoft account linked to my...
  5. Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App - stop sync automatically Gmail Account: Hello guys, i hope it's the right place to ask about my problem with windows 10 mail app. after i read some of the post's here: Windows 10 Mail app stops recieving mail as it arrives. - Windows 10 Forums Windows Mail/Gmail Problem - Windows 10 Forums but i still not...
  6. Media sync from Android and IOS automatically to OneDrive for Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media sync from Android and IOS automatically to OneDrive for Business: Supposed there are many more than just me using Office 365 Personal package to sync medias from our devices. Current situation is that each family must pay 100$/... per year to MS of these personal accounts only because our devices cannot stream medias to OneDrive for...
  7. Sync android device photos to windows 10 automatically? (without usb)

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync android device photos to windows 10 automatically? (without usb): Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to sync android photo's & videos to windows 10 automatically... the same way google photos syncs them? Also, is there a way to do this without the use of a usb cable? I have about 4 androids lying around that I take pictures with...