Windows 10: Automatically sync a folder when content change

Discus and support Automatically sync a folder when content change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Automatically sync a folder when content change

I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my photos using a simple batch file and the robocopy command.

What I would like if possible is for my batch file to be executed whenever anything changes in the folder where I keep the photos meaning the external USB drive would be automatically updated instead of me having to run the batch file manually.

Sorry for the maybe a bit confusing explanation but in short what I'm wondering is if there's an easy way to have the contents in folder B synced with folder A whenever something changes in folder A.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

:)

WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018

2. Display of names of folder contents

Not sure if this is a Win10 problem or a software problem but here goes: When I open a folder the contents are always displayed as icons, which forces me to change it to a list each and every time, which is a time-consuming nuisance! Is there any way to
    show the contents as a list by default?

Many thanks for any help.

Brandon.Jones, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Automatically sync a folder when content change

1. Automatically sync a folder when content change - Similar Threads - Automatically sync folder

2. identify folders with no contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    identify folders with no contents: Hi,I am wondering if there is a way to hide folders or have some notification that there is no contents within them in windows explorer.We have a default structure of folders that we copy and rename for new projects and within, there are multiple folders below folders.Once...
  3. Folder changes contents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder changes contents: I was working on something and created a folder with .mp4 files inside. However, after shutting down my pc and turning it back on it, all the contents in the folder disappeared and there was just one .mp4 that i knew existed on my system, but i did not put it there. I use...
  4. Why is OneDrive automatically syncing content without asking me when I created my account?

Why is OneDrive automatically syncing content without asking me when I created my account?: I created an outlook account for specific files that I would like to backup. I noticed that OneDrive started syncing content automatically, including photos. I don't want anything backed up on OneDrive except for very specific documents. On top of this, it backed up my phone...
  5. Automatically Closing Folders After Opening It's Contents?

Automatically Closing Folders After Opening It's Contents?: I have a folder that has all of my game shortcuts within it. I was wondering if it was possible, for the folder to close automatically after I open one of the shortcuts within it. submitted by /u/water-is-stop [link] [comments]...
  6. Please stop changing my folders and contents

Please stop changing my folders and contents: How can I stop Windows/Microsoft from changing MY folders and their contents? I also figured out they decided to throw out loads of MY photos & they were NOT in any OLD windows folder! I also have a ton of space on my drive, so there was no reason for it. I'm getting really...
  7. Prevent screen brightness from changing automatically based on content

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent screen brightness from changing automatically based on content: Hello, Both of my Win10 laptops have an issue where the screen's backlight changes automatically based on what is currently on the screen. I find thisextremely annoying because it often makes the content more difficult to see and I set my screen brightness based on what is...
  8. Contents of Folder

Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...
  9. Automatically sync a folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatically sync a folder: I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my...
  10. Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.: FreeFileSync is a respected and efficient freeware/donationware for carrying out backups of changed files (eg., documents, pictures etc.). My FreeFileSync profiles (which specify how changed files will be copied to the backup) now have Photoshop icons, both the enclosing...