Automatically sync a folder when content change

Discus and support Automatically sync a folder when content change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018.

1. WebMaximus Win User

I have a folder on my PC where I keep photos displayed on a photo frame. The photo frame doesn't pick the photos directly from this folder though but instead from an external USB drive. At this point I manually sync the external USB drive with the folder where I keep my photos using a simple batch file and the robocopy command.

What I would like if possible is for my batch file to be executed whenever anything changes in the folder where I keep the photos meaning the external USB drive would be automatically updated instead of me having to run the batch file manually.

Sorry for the maybe a bit confusing explanation but in short what I'm wondering is if there's an easy way to have the contents in folder B synced with folder A whenever something changes in folder A.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

:)

WebMaximus, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Brandon.Jones Win User

Display of names of folder contents

Not sure if this is a Win10 problem or a software problem but here goes: When I open a folder the contents are always displayed as icons, which forces me to change it to a list each and every time, which is a time-consuming nuisance! Is there any way to
    show the contents as a list by default?

Many thanks for any help.

Brandon.Jones, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Syed Abdul Jabbar Win User
    Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatically sync a folder when content change - Similar Threads - Automatically sync folder

2. Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder: I never use the Windows libraries because they don't fit my scheme of data storage. Is it possible to delete/remove the "Libraries" folder in itself? I know that individual folders like "Documents" "Pictures" etc. can be deleted, but in my experience Microsoft has a habit...
  3. When booting, apps/files open that I didn't set to start up *and* those apps/files are not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When booting, apps/files open that I didn't set to start up *and* those apps/files are not...: Hi. A few days ago I noticed something I've never seen before in my Windows 10 system: There are a few apps that start at startup that (a) I did not set to start up, (b) never started up before, and (c) do not appear in the list of "Startup" items within the Windows Task...
  4. windows 10 keeps recycling desktop screen when loading

windows 10 keeps recycling desktop screen when loading: windows 10 keeps recycling desktop screen when loading. Won't let me open anything. Have tried to shut down and restart, same issue....
  5. Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...: Hello All, Thanks in advance for your replies. Yesterday I tried to login to my Dell Inspiron 15 5570 laptop but got error code 0x80070032 with message that went something along the lines of restarting and trying again. However, I was able to logon using my Microsoft...
  6. Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file: I'm running win10 Pro on two Dell T3500's I use Word 2003 and have some minor problems which I hope will be fixed by renaming my normal.doc and restarting Word so I have the default setup. Word 2003 uses normal.dot; dotm was introduced on later versions. I used...
  7. connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?: cannot connect from new desktop to existing laptop to updates files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-new-desktop-folders-to-existing-desktop/845c127b-d8d4-4bfc-bc8c-0ed31bb5b090
  8. Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?: Please Look here Ashampoo(R) Web Upload 116173
  9. Screen turns black when when trying to load dark images

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns black when when trying to load dark images: It's a really weird, whenever it loads dark images like: dark setting menu, some game loading screens and things like that the screen turns black like the monitor was turned off. 116171
  10. How do I change this computer from me to my son !

How do I change this computer from me to my son !: How do I change this computer from me to my son ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-change-this-computer-from-me-to-my-son/d957f812-9d8b-4073-abfc-f5937e12b0d9