Windows 10: AutoPlay detecting internal hard drives.

Discus and support AutoPlay detecting internal hard drives. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I pulled my computer apart and put it back together to put in a new graphics card Its likely I swapped the locations of a couple of the drives sata... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mallee, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Mallee Win User

AutoPlay detecting internal hard drives.

I pulled my computer apart and put it back together to put in a new graphics card

Its likely I swapped the locations of a couple of the drives sata connections.

Now Auto play has detected these drives as removable, and keeps asking if what I want to do with them.

Is there anyway to get autoplay to forget about them?

Thanks

:)

Mallee, Apr 13, 2017

2. windows 10 professional not finding one of two internal hard drives

The computer that I just reported the above the file explorer does not detect one of the internal hard drives but diskpart list disk does:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]

(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.14393.0

Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Microsoft Corporation.

On computer: A-HP

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 238 GB 0 B

Disk 1 Online 931 GB 0 B

Disk 2 Online 931 GB 931 GB

DISKPART>

Disk Management displays:

disk 0 basic 238.47 GB online

system 1.00 GB NTFS

Windows (CAutoPlay detecting internal hard drives. :) 220.13 GB NTFS

HP_RECOVERY (DAutoPlay detecting internal hard drives. :) 15.34 GB NTFS

HP_TOOLS (FAutoPlay detecting internal hard drives. :) 2.00 GB FAT32

disk 1 basic 931.51 GB online

datadrive0 (GAutoPlay detecting internal hard drives. :)

931.54 GB NTFS

disk 2 basic 931.51 GB online

931.51 GB Unallocated

CD-ROM 0

DVD (EAutoPlay detecting internal hard drives. :)

no media

So on this computer all currrent drives are detected by windows 10 pro when using diskpart, list disk and disk management but not file explorer.

Then when one of the internal hard drives is replaced by another internal hard drive full of data this drive was not detected by windows by any of the above methods and only detected by the bios.

Then with another identical computer the two internal hard drives that were originally detected by this computer were not detected. Only one of the internal hard drives was detected.

So what is being detected is different depending on the internal hard drive and the computer.

How come each drive that is detected in one computer is not detected in another identical computer?

And how come an internal hard drive which is used in another computer cannot be detected in two computers?

All internal hard drives that have data either have only files or the windows 10 pro os and files.

How come there are different findings with windows 10 pro?

How do you get all of the computers windows 10 pro operating systems to discover the internal hard drives that are detected by their bios?

questions_, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Repair install of Windows 10

"If you enable this policy setting, Autoplay is disabled on CD-ROM and removable media drives, or disabled on all drives.
    This policy setting disables Autoplay on additional types of drives. You cannot use this setting to enable Autoplay on drives on which it is disabled by default.

If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, AutoPlay is enabled."

So if I disable the policy setting, you enable Autoplay but it still does not work and "not configured" defaults to enable Autoplay, buy the portable hard drive is ignored.

And if I put my iPhone in the same USB port it will charge the iPhone, no USB icon on dash and yet when I plug in the portable hard drive the LED in the portable HD lights up but the computer does not recognize it. If I use an unpowered memory stick, computer
    recognizes the device quickly.

Jeffrey Frommelt, Apr 13, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Apr 13, 2017
  5. Mallee Win User
    OK, Checked the BIOS, hot swap disabled on all drives.
    Updated the BIOS, it was about 10 revisions out of date, (on second thought I probably should not have done this ah well) then confirmed that hot swap was still disabled.

So I don't think I've resolved the issue.

Mallee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AutoPlay detecting internal hard drives. - Similar Threads - AutoPlay detecting internal

2. Internal hard disk not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hard disk not being detected: Hi, Volume f in my laptop has a blue question mark next to it. There was a very similar question but that solution does not work form me. The hard drive that had volume f showed up in the device manager as unknown device under storage but it disappeared after i rebooted. The...
  3. Internal hard disk not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal hard disk not being detected: Hi, Volume f in my laptop has a blue question mark next to it. There was a very similar question but that solution does not work form me. The hard drive that had volume f showed up in the device manager as unknown device under storage but it disappeared after i rebooted. The...
  4. Internal hard drive recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internal hard drive recovery: I have two hard drives. The normal C: drive and an E: drive that I use for data only. Microsoft destroyed that drive while I was trying to create a USB recovery drive. My Backup and Restore shows multiple E: backups with a single folder and a Desktop.ini file. Nothing else....
  5. External Hard Drive, Autoplay, Notification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive, Autoplay, Notification: 1. In Windows 7, I do not plug/unplug my external drives. My external drives boot up automatically as the Windows 7 computer boots up. But in Windows 10, the external drives do not boot up with the Windows 10 computer. I have to plug the external hard drives after the...
  6. Internal Hard Drive Problem

Internal Hard Drive Problem: Hello, I am using ASUS X560UD with an internal hard drive. And sometimes when my battery is low about 30% the hard drive suddenly disconnects and it also happen randomly with a lot battery. Anyone have the solution? I have made the power plan to never disable hard drive and...
  7. Missing internal hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing internal hard drive: 1. I had my computer upgrade with my assure plan in the Microsoft store. We replaced the primary drive with a SSD hard drive and used the original internal 1 TB HD as the data drive. Recently my computer went through a windows 10 update and I lot the internal HD in my disk...
  8. Internal drive "Open AutoPlay..." option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internal drive "Open AutoPlay..." option?: [ATTACH] Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there suppose to be an "Open AutoPlay..." option in the context menu when I right click on my internal drive?...
  9. Internal Hard Drive

Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  10. Internal hard drive not detected in BIOS after hard shutdown.

Internal hard drive not detected in BIOS after hard shutdown.: I have two WD hard drives with the OS installed on one and the other is for storage. All this started with a hard shut down when the PC froze and then after the restart Windows wouldn't boot at all. It was stuck at the Windows logo for a very long time. Then I checked in BIOS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autoplay drive notification internal hdd