Windows 10: Autoplay Troubleshooting?

Discus and support Autoplay Troubleshooting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've noticed Autoplay no longer operates at all on my desktop PC and laptop despite setting the correct options in Control Panel. I'm mystified and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Autoplay Troubleshooting?

I've noticed Autoplay no longer operates at all on my desktop PC and laptop despite setting the correct options in Control Panel. I'm mystified and wonder if Kaspersky Internet Security turns off Autoplay, although I can't see an option for this?

Is there a troubleshooter or something similar to check and repair the Autoplay operation?

:)

Steve C, Aug 30, 2016

2. Since installing windows 10, my auto run does not work--why?

Hi

Autoplay isn’t working on Windows 10 for some strange reason, you can follow the steps below to resolve it by resetting the Autoplay settings:

1. Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.

2. In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.

3. Next, click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

4. Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 30, 2016
  3. auto play does not pop up

Hi Diana,

It's possible that the AutoPlay feature on your Windows 10 device is disabled. To enable AutoPlay, refer to the steps below:

• Open Settings app.
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, select AutoPlay.
    • Switch on "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices" button.

You can also customize how the AutoPlay opens the drive under Choose AutoPlay defaults.

Should you have further questions, let us know.

Monica Cam, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I fixed the problem from the solution at this link http://windowsreport.com/autoplay-no...ng-windows-10/

I had to edit the registry value at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer and set the NoDriveTypeAutoRun value to 91 (Hex).

That fixed all issues on both my laptop and desktop PCs and now Autoplay works fine. I've no idea why the value was changed on both PCs.

Steve C, Aug 30, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    Nice resource: thanks for sharing. Never paid much attention to Windows Report before. Some decent content over there (but ad intensive, alas).
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Autoplay Troubleshooting? - Similar Threads - Autoplay Troubleshooting

2. Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?: When I insert an SD card into my Win 11 laptop. I'd like my my image management program FastStone Viewer to open. In Control Panel>AutoPlay I only get these options: In that dropdown there used to be something called "Manage Pictures," but it's gone now. Is it possible to...
  3. Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?: When I insert an SD card into my Win 11 laptop. I'd like my my image management program FastStone Viewer to open. In Control Panel>AutoPlay I only get these options: In that dropdown there used to be something called "Manage Pictures," but it's gone now. Is it possible to...
  4. Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?: Hello,Please see the PDF titled "AutoPlay.pdf" at this Github page. What is this "AutoPlay" software and why does it think "there is a problem" with the Flash-Drive it's referring to? The second page of that PDF shows the window that opens when I click on the "AutoPlay"...
  5. Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?

Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?: Hello,Please see the PDF titled "AutoPlay.pdf" at this Github page. What is this "AutoPlay" software and why does it think "there is a problem" with the Flash-Drive it's referring to? The second page of that PDF shows the window that opens when I click on the "AutoPlay"...
  6. Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players: I have clients that send me their mp3 auditions via email. I want to be able to open them but NOT have them start to autoplay. Sometimes I need to open 2 or more files and I want to be able to go back and forth to listen to them. In other words - I want more than one player...
  7. Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players

Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players: I have clients that send me their mp3 auditions via email. I want to be able to open them but NOT have them start to autoplay. Sometimes I need to open 2 or more files and I want to be able to go back and forth to listen to them. In other words - I want more than one player...
  8. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10: I have gone to Setting and turned off AutoPlay for Windows 10. I have looked through the settings on Windows Media Player and have been unable to find a setting to turn off autoplay. When I insert a disk, it plays automatically. How do I Disable Autoplay on Windows Media...
  9. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...
  10. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...