Windows 10: Autoplay weirdness

Discus and support Autoplay weirdness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all Does anybody have a registry script or know of a fixit that will repair autoplay functionality? For some reason my Windows 10 installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by speedworld, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Autoplay weirdness

Hi all

Does anybody have a registry script or know of a fixit that will repair autoplay functionality? For some reason my Windows 10 installation will not autoplay mechanical drives, but behaves perfectly with standard USB sticks! I hear the audible notification of hardware being plugged in, but absolutely nothing happens and nothing appears in the action centre.

Thanks & regards
    *Cool

:)

speedworld, Sep 24, 2015

2. Photos to PC??

I got a mass memory may not be used during this time if I try, and then the cpu jumped up with the autoplay and I could see the phone as a drive on my computer, weird but thank-you Data Transfer did work, just worked weird.

Thanx again

Steve

skalynuik---01, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Download pics from iPhone to Surface

I tried to change my autoplay settings, but my iphone wasn't coming up. Regarding the deleted photo's, it was commented on in several posts from back in 2009 and 2010. It seemed weird but apparently worked for several people. I haven't tried that.

KellyBanaszek, Sep 24, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Autoplay weirdness

I'd check in Settings>Devices>Autoplay and see what the defaults are set to.

JohnC, Sep 24, 2015
  5. They are all set to "Ask me every time".

speedworld, Sep 24, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    Does it appear in File Explorer? I have found that sometimes just toggling switches from on to off and back gets things working again.

JohnC, Sep 24, 2015
  7. Hi John

The drive appears absolutely fine in Explorer, pops up straight after the audible alert. Toggling has made no difference, unfortunately. I think a registry setting is corrupt somehow, and as a Windows Insider I never did a clean install.

speedworld, Sep 24, 2015
  8. JohnC Win User

Autoplay weirdness

JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Autoplay weirdness

1. Autoplay weirdness - Similar Threads - Autoplay weirdness

2. Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?: When I insert an SD card into my Win 11 laptop. I'd like my my image management program FastStone Viewer to open. In Control Panel>AutoPlay I only get these options: In that dropdown there used to be something called "Manage Pictures," but it's gone now. Is it possible to...
  3. Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I configure Autoplay to use a specific app?: When I insert an SD card into my Win 11 laptop. I'd like my my image management program FastStone Viewer to open. In Control Panel>AutoPlay I only get these options: In that dropdown there used to be something called "Manage Pictures," but it's gone now. Is it possible to...
  4. Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?: Hello,Please see the PDF titled "AutoPlay.pdf" at this Github page. What is this "AutoPlay" software and why does it think "there is a problem" with the Flash-Drive it's referring to? The second page of that PDF shows the window that opens when I click on the "AutoPlay"...
  5. Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?

Why does "AutoPlay" think there's a "problem" with this Flash-Drive?: Hello,Please see the PDF titled "AutoPlay.pdf" at this Github page. What is this "AutoPlay" software and why does it think "there is a problem" with the Flash-Drive it's referring to? The second page of that PDF shows the window that opens when I click on the "AutoPlay"...
  6. Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players: I have clients that send me their mp3 auditions via email. I want to be able to open them but NOT have them start to autoplay. Sometimes I need to open 2 or more files and I want to be able to go back and forth to listen to them. In other words - I want more than one player...
  7. Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players

Turn off autoplay for Mp3 in an email & open multiple players: I have clients that send me their mp3 auditions via email. I want to be able to open them but NOT have them start to autoplay. Sometimes I need to open 2 or more files and I want to be able to go back and forth to listen to them. In other words - I want more than one player...
  8. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10: I have gone to Setting and turned off AutoPlay for Windows 10. I have looked through the settings on Windows Media Player and have been unable to find a setting to turn off autoplay. When I insert a disk, it plays automatically. How do I Disable Autoplay on Windows Media...
  9. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10: I have gone to Setting and turned off AutoPlay for Windows 10. I have looked through the settings on Windows Media Player and have been unable to find a setting to turn off autoplay. When I insert a disk, it plays automatically. How do I Disable Autoplay on Windows Media...
  10. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization