Windows 10: Autoplay weirdness

Discus and support Autoplay weirdness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all Does anybody have a registry script or know of a fixit that will repair autoplay functionality? For some reason my Windows 10 installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by speedworld, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Autoplay weirdness

Hi all

Does anybody have a registry script or know of a fixit that will repair autoplay functionality? For some reason my Windows 10 installation will not autoplay mechanical drives, but behaves perfectly with standard USB sticks! I hear the audible notification of hardware being plugged in, but absolutely nothing happens and nothing appears in the action centre.

Thanks & regards
    *Cool

:)

speedworld, Sep 24, 2015

2. Photos to PC??

I got a mass memory may not be used during this time if I try, and then the cpu jumped up with the autoplay and I could see the phone as a drive on my computer, weird but thank-you Data Transfer did work, just worked weird.

Thanx again

Steve

skalynuik---01, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Download pics from iPhone to Surface

I tried to change my autoplay settings, but my iphone wasn't coming up. Regarding the deleted photo's, it was commented on in several posts from back in 2009 and 2010. It seemed weird but apparently worked for several people. I haven't tried that.

KellyBanaszek, Sep 24, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Autoplay weirdness

I'd check in Settings>Devices>Autoplay and see what the defaults are set to.

JohnC, Sep 24, 2015
  5. They are all set to "Ask me every time".

speedworld, Sep 24, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    Does it appear in File Explorer? I have found that sometimes just toggling switches from on to off and back gets things working again.

JohnC, Sep 24, 2015
  7. Hi John

The drive appears absolutely fine in Explorer, pops up straight after the audible alert. Toggling has made no difference, unfortunately. I think a registry setting is corrupt somehow, and as a Windows Insider I never did a clean install.

speedworld, Sep 24, 2015
  8. JohnC Win User

Autoplay weirdness

JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Autoplay weirdness

1. Autoplay weirdness - Similar Threads - Autoplay weirdness

2. Microsoft Windows Photos Autoplay settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Windows Photos Autoplay settings: What should the Autoplay settings be to display all of the images on my Panasonic Lumix FZ80 camera? (Currently, the "Looking for images and videos" screen says only "1 item found so far" and NO images are displayed). [ATTACH]...
  3. Autoplay settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay settings: long story short l recently restored my laptop, certain settings have reverted which is no biggie, but l burn the occasional disk and for the life of me l cannot remember where the settings for DVD/CD autoplay were as l want to stop windows from automatically trying to use...
  4. Autoplay Videos

Autoplay Videos: I followed the instructions in this thead: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-enable-autoplay-of-movie-dvds-when/39a99447-4156-4e66-ae7b-59932b563171 I have downloaded VLC video player, in control panel/devices, I have set Autoplay to On. In...
  5. how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices: How do I turn off autoplay for non volume devices and how it will reflect the changes in the registry 139784
  6. how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices

in Windows 10 Support
    how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices: how to turn off autoplay for non volume devices and how it will reflect the changes in the registry 139784
  7. Autoplay doesn't turn off when I plug in the headphone to the laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoplay doesn't turn off when I plug in the headphone to the laptop: Hello Microsoft community, I am using windows 10 version 1903. My problem is that I couldn't prevent media streaming softwares such as Spotify or Youtube to autoplay when I plug in the headphone to the laptop. Every time I pause the video or song, autoplay screen pops up...
  8. How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app?

How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app?: I'm asking this question here because Google is giving me the wrong search results for my problem. This is the autoplay I want to disable permanently: [ATTACH]...
  9. autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    autoplay: hi I cant get autoplay to work ive been to devises and turned on but it still don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay/016c373e-e831-4510-9e63-ba32b9d3c8a9
  10. how do I enable autoplay in windows 10

how do I enable autoplay in windows 10: How do I enable autoplay in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-autoplay-in-windows-10/523a4034-2648-4875-a813-0c90469fa984