Windows 10: autoruns reports missing files

Discus and support autoruns reports missing files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have another thread open for another missing file reported by autruns, but it also lists these 4 files as missing: Autorun entry: VIDC.l420 Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Sep 28, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

autoruns reports missing files

I have another thread open for another missing file reported by autruns, but it also lists these 4 files as missing:

Autorun entry: VIDC.l420 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll
    Autorun entry: VIDC.YUY2 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll
    Autorun entry: VIDC.VP80 Image Path: File not found: vp8vfw.dll
    Autorun entry: vidc.XVID Image Path: File not found: xvidvfw.dll

I'm guessing these are all codec files? Autoruns don't list a file location for these but selecting "jump to entry" opens the listing in the registry. I don't know If I should just delete these missing entries in autoruns or leave it alone or should I worry? I've been setting up my new 64-bit PC and I've been installing and uninstalling various software getting everything set up. I'm guessing these files got installed and removed along the way, but I'm wondering if these missing files will cause me any issues?

:)

rivre, Sep 28, 2016

2. RubDLL Error

Autorun Zip File

Here is the link to the Autorun Report zip File asked for

DawnMcCall, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Start-up items not appearing in Task Manager, Start-up tab

Techy,

Autoruns should list all of them. May be you need to look at services as well as in Scheduled tasks.

Can you save the Autoruns report (as .ARN file), zip and upload to OneDrive. Share the link here.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 28, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Yes they are Microsoft Codecs. A repair install is in order.

Also keep everything together in one post if they are along the same lines.

bro67, Sep 28, 2016
  5. I use reg cleaners to deal with that kind of thing, but it is safe to remove, at worst you will just reinstall them.

You should use an uninstall software to avoid remnants. GeekUninstaller, Revo Uninstaller or Wise Program Uninstaller.

TairikuOkami, Sep 28, 2016
  6. rivre Win User
    Thanks everyone. So how do I replace those files though? I don't know what software originally put them there, or are they part of Windows. Should I delete the entries from autoruns? I'm afraid to do that not knowing what will happen.

When you say repair install, you mean put the Windows 10 USB thumb drive that I originally used to install Windows back in and do a repair install from there? Geez, I have a lot of software installed now and set up perfectly just the way I want. And the PC is literally brand new except for me installing all my software on it. I haven't even used it yet other than setting up software. I'm nervous to do a re-install and mess up who knows how many programs along the way. Is this safe to my existing software? The thought of re-installing scares me and seems rather drastic for a couple missing codecs. Won't that wipe away all my various Windows settings and configurations? How about registry keys for my registered software, like software that requires registering with license keys? Will those break? How about my screensavers and other assorted applications, like burning software, etc.? All my software is set up perfectly and it took weeks to get it to this point. I really don't like the idea of a repair install for a couple missing codec files - I'm just afraid too many other installed programs may suddenly break.

I already ran sfc /scannow and there were no problems found. If they were part of Windows, wouldn't sfc /scannow have detected the missing files and replaced them?

Any advice?

rivre, Sep 28, 2016
  7. rivre Win User
    I checked my old Windows 7 PC for the heck of it and one of the 4 missing files I listed above is on my old PC - emYUV.dll. Hovering over the file on my Windows 7 PC reveals it is "Empia YUV Codec" from Microsoft.

Since I've been installing/uninstalling various software on my new Windows 10 PC, couldn't these 4 missing .dll codec files have come from one or more pieces of software, and when I uninstalled them they just left those behind? Are these files supposed to be in the system32/sysWOW64 folders by default with a fresh installation of Windows, or are they placed there as needed by media software? Do other people here have these files on their PC? Can somebody check? I did install and then uninstall a couple pieces of media software that may have installed some codecs as it needed. I don't want to go through all the trouble of a repair install just to find out that these 4 files don't even get restored because it was another piece of software that installed them. That would be a lot or trouble and risk for nothing.

Keep in mind I don't use codec packs. But as I said a couple pieces of media software (converters, etc.) may have installed/uninstalled codecs as it saw fit. So these 4 missing codec files may or may not be needed any longer. It seems rather drastic to do a repair install if I don't even know that these 4 files would get restored. My PC is running fine. I'm just worried about these 4 "mising" files.

rivre, Sep 28, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

If you did a rollup install from 7 to 10 on that machine, there are going to be items left over that do not get removed during the upgrade process. A Clean Install is in order after you upgrade to get the 10 license. You will find that problems will go away if you start with a clean slate.

bro67, Sep 28, 2016
  9. rivre Win User
    I did a clean install, not upgrade. Brand new PC I built myself. Clean WIndows 10 install from a retail install USB thumb drive.

I'm still thinking these 4 files are leftovers from some media software I installed and then uninstalled along the way over the past few weeks getting my PC set up. Can anyone verify if these files are included by default with Windows 10? Does everyone else have these 4 files? If not, then I can assume they're not originally part of Windows and doesn't warrant a repair install for no reason.

rivre, Sep 28, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Sep 28, 2016
  11. rivre Win User
    I ran Hijackthis. There's a whole bunch of things listed, including a whole bunch of "missing files" that aren't missing. But none of those files are the 4 files I listed in this thread.

Which leads me back to : What do I do about these 4 missing files? Are they needed? Do they come with Windows? I don't want to do a repair installation for no reason if it isn't even going to install these files because they came as part of a program I have already uninstalled. I don't know if I should uncheck these entries in autoruns, delete them, or what? If they are important and needed I'd like to know what to do about it. My guess is the entries are left behind from a piece of software that came with it's own .dll codecs and uninstalling it left the entries behind. Autoruns does not list the location of these 4 missing files. They aren't specifically listed as belonging in my system32/sysWOW64 folder, so they could just as easily have been in my program files folder for the software that installed them originally. I noticed a couple media converter/player programs I tried out installed their own batch of codecs to their program folders, so that may have happened here - they got uninstalled from the program folders and left the entries behind for autoruns to see. I'm just guessing here - that's why I"m asking for guidance.

rivre, Sep 29, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Post the hijackthis text file output on here. It will get this thread moved to the appropriate forum.

bro67, Sep 29, 2016
  13. rivre Win User

Okay, here's the hijackthis log output. The thing is, like I mentioned, the 4 files I'm concerned with at the top of the thread - the 4 that show up as "missing" in autoruns - are not listed in hijackthis. So I don't know if the log will help figure out what to do about those 4 codec files. But the hijcakthis report does show a whole bunch of other files as missing, most of which are not missing at all. So I don't know how to read this report I guess. Hopefully somebody here can help me make sense of this.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5
    Scan saved at 1:04:20 AM, on 10/1/2016
    Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.02.1008)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v11.0 (11.00.10586.0589)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_2.15.20002.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\SkypeHost.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Core\NvBackend.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DriveGLEAM\drivegleam.exe
    C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\FluxSoftware\Flux\flux.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster Recon3Di\Sound Blaster Recon3Di Control Panel\SBRcni.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Widgets\YahooWidgets.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster Recon3Di\Sound Blaster Recon3Di Control Panel\CTJckCfg.exe
    C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastui.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\mbae.exe
    C:\PROGRA~2\DUMETE~1\DUMeter.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Skillbrains\lightshot\5.4.0.1\Lightshot.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition\pppeuser.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
    C:\Programs\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = Google Advanced Search
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Bing
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = %11%\blank.htm
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=
    O2 - BHO: IDM Helper - {0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\Windows\UpdReg.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sound Blaster Recon3Di SBX Control Panel] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster Recon3Di\Sound Blaster Recon3Di Control Panel\SBRcni.exe" /r
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AvastUI.exe] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe" /nogui
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit] C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\mbae.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDTray] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDTray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lightshot] C:\Program Files (x86)\Skillbrains\lightshot\Lightshot.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PowerDVD16Agent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD16Agent.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [East-Tec east-tec Eraser Scheduler Agent] C:\Program Files (x86)\east-tec Eraser\etSCHAgent.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [east-tec Eraser Risk Monitor] C:\Program Files (x86)\east-tec Eraser\etRiskMonitor.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PowerPanel Personal Edition User Interaction] C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition\pppeuser.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [EasyTuneEngineService] C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\EasyTuneEngineService\EngineRunOnce.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SIV] C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\SIV\sivro.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [PreRun] C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\AppCenter\PreRun.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [DualBiosRescue] C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\GigabyteFirmwareUpdateUtility\dbrro.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotPostWindows10UpgradeReInstall] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV\Spybot - Search and Destroy\Test.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DriveGLEAM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\DriveGLEAM\drivegleam.exe" /STARTUP
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite Automount] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTAgent.exe" -autorun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DuckCapture] "C:\Program Files (x86)\DuckLink\DuckCapture\DuckCapture.exe" /autorun
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [f.lux] "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\FluxSoftware\Flux\flux.exe" /noshow
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IDMan] C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe /onboot
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DU Meter] "C:\Program Files (x86)\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe" /autostart
    O4 - Startup: Yahoo! Widgets.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Widgets\YahooWidgets.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Killer Network Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Killer Networking\Network Manager\NetworkManager.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all links with IDM - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IEGetAll.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with IDM - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IEExt.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: En&queue current page with BID - file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Bulk Image Downloader\iemenu\iebidqueue.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Enqueue link tar&get with BID - file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Bulk Image Downloader\iemenu\iebidlinkqueue.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open &link target with BID - file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Bulk Image Downloader\iemenu\iebidlink.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open current page with BI&D - file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Bulk Image Downloader\iemenu\iebid.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open current page with BID Link Explorer - file://C:\Program Files (x86)\Bulk Image Downloader\iemenu\iebidlinkexplorer.htm
    O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
    O18 - Protocol: tbauth - {14654CA6-5711-491D-B89A-58E571679951} - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\tbauth.dll
    O18 - Protocol: windows.tbauth - {14654CA6-5711-491D-B89A-58E571679951} - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\tbauth.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: SDWinLogon - SDWinLogon.dll (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
    O23 - Service: Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service (AGSService) - Adobe Systems, Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient\AGSService.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: AppleChargerSrv - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\AppleChargerSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Avast Antivirus (avast! Antivirus) - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: COMODO Internet Security Helper Service (CmdAgent) - COMODO - C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
    O23 - Service: COMODO Virtual Service Manager (cmdvirth) - COMODO - C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdvirth.exe
    O23 - Service: Creative Audio Service (CTAudSvcService) - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Shared Files\CTAudSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @oem15.inf,%Creative.CTHdaSvcDesc%;SB Recon3D Service (CtHdaSvc) - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\Windows\sysWow64\CtHdaSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\DiagSvcs\DiagnosticsHub.StandardCollector.ServiceRes.dll,-1000 (diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DiagSvcs\DiagnosticsHub.StandardCollector.Service.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Disc Soft Lite Bus Service - Disc Soft Ltd - C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DiscSoftBusServiceLite.exe
    O23 - Service: DU Meter Service (DUMeterSvc) - Hagel Technologies Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\DU Meter\DUMeterSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: EasyTune Engine (EasyTuneEngineService) - GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. - C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\EasyTuneEngineService\EasyTuneEngineService.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Energy Server Service WILLAMETTE (ESRV_SVC_WILLAMETTE) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\SUR\WILLAMETTE\ESRV\esrv_svc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: GIGABYTE Adjust (gadjservice) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\AppCenter\AdjustService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service (GfExperienceService) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience Service\GfExperienceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Ashampoo HDD Control 3 Service (HDDC3Service) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ashampoo\Ashampoo HDD Control 3 Corporate\HDDC3Service.exe
    O23 - Service: Hardware Monitor Record service (HwmRecordService) - GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. - C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\SIV\HwmRecordService.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology (IAStorDataMgrSvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Integrated Clock Controller Service - Intel(R) ICCS (ICCS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Integrated Clock Controller Service\ICCProxy.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ieetwcollectorres.dll,-1000 (IEEtwCollectorService) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\IEEtwCollector.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet Monitoring Service - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\IProsetMonitor.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Killer Service V2 - Rivet Networks - C:\Program Files\Killer Networking\Network Manager\KillerService.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate (LiveUpdateSvc) - IObit - C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Logitech Gaming Registry Service (LogiRegistryService) - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Drivers\APOService\LogiRegistryService.exe
    O23 - Service: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Service (MbaeSvc) - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\mbae-svc.exe
    O23 - Service: Mozilla Maintenance Service (MozillaMaintenance) - Mozilla Foundation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NitroPDFReaderDriverCreatorReadSpool5 (NitroReaderDriverReadSpool5) - Nitro PDF Software - C:\Program Files\Nitro\Reader 5\NitroPDFReaderDriverService5x64.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Network Service (NvNetworkService) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NetService\NvNetworkService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: OcButtonService - GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. - C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\EasyTuneEngineService\OcButtonService.exe
    O23 - Service: PowerPanel Personal Edition Service (ppped) - Cyber Power Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberPower PowerPanel Personal Edition\ppped.exe
    O23 - Service: QSetSchedulerService - East-Tec - C:\Program Files (x86)\east-tec Eraser\etSCHService.exe
    O23 - Service: QSetUpdateService - East-Tec - C:\Program Files (x86)\east-tec Eraser\etUpdateService.exe
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Photodex\ProShow Gold\ScsiAccess.exe
    O23 - Service: Spybot-S&D 2 Scanner Service (SDScannerService) - Safer-Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDFSSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Spybot-S&D 2 Updating Service (SDUpdateService) - Safer-Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDUpdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Spybot-S&D 2 Security Center Service (SDWSCService) - Safer-Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDWSCSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SensorDataService.exe,-101 (SensorDataService) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\SensorDataService.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: ShadowExplorer Service (sesvc) - ShadowExplorer.com - About - C:\Program Files (x86)\ShadowExplorer\sesvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service (Stereo Service) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvscpapisvr.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) System Usage Report Service SystemUsageReportSvc_WILLAMETTE (SystemUsageReportSvc_WILLAMETTE) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Driver Update Utility\SUR\SurSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Thunderbolt(TM) Service (ThunderboltService) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Thunderbolt Software\tbtsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\TieringEngineService.exe,-702 (TieringEngineService) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\TieringEngineService.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: USB Safely Remove Assistant (USBSafelyRemoveService) - Crystal Rich Ltd - C:\Program Files (x86)\USB Safely Remove\USBSRService.exe
    O23 - Service: User Energy Server Service WILLAMETTE (USER_ESRV_SVC_WILLAMETTE) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\SUR\WILLAMETTE\ESRV\esrv_svc.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpAsDesc.dll,-320 (WdNisSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\NisSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpAsDesc.dll,-310 (WinDefend) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Winstep Xtreme Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Service (XTU3SERVICE) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe

--
    End of file - 16729 bytes

rivre, Sep 30, 2016
  14. rivre Win User
    To add to that, here are the files it's claiming are "files missing" from the above log. Note that almost all of them are "unknown owner":

hijack this - file missing - unknown owner (not really missing)
    --------------------------
    C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\AppleChargerSrv.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (multiple listings)
    C:\Windows\System32\FXSSVC.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\IEEtwCollector.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\IProsetMonitor
    C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\nvvsvc.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\Locator.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\SensorDataService.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\sppsvc.exe
    C:\Windows\System32TieringEngineService.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\UI0Detect.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\vssvc.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\wbengine.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WmiAPSrv.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\DiagSvcs\DiagnosticsHub.StandardCollector.Service.exe
    C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe

All of those files are actually right where they say they should be. They are not missing. Why does hijackthis report them missing?

These files in the log are actually missing:

Actually Missing:
    -----------------
    C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\NisSrv.exe
    C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
    C:\Windows\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
    SDWinLogon.dll missing from Spybot Program Files directory

I checked each one and those 4 files are not in the listed directory.

So I have the 4 missing codec files that autoruns reports, that are really missing, and then the above files from hijackthis. Not sure if any of this is even important. The few files that really are missing from the hijackthis report are from Windows Media Player and Windows Defender (and Spybot), but maybe those files aren't always supposed to be present? Also keep in mind that my PC is new and unused except for installing and uninstalling my software. I haven't run any registry cleaners or wiping utilities of any kind yet.

EDIT: I was also just reading that it's common for hijackthis to report missing files that aren't really missing. A trusted advisor from malwarebytes posted this advice to somebody on their forums:

"Those (file missing) notations are normal when HJT is ran on a Windows 7 system." I'm guessing that applies to Windows 10 also. And dslreports advises, "When you see (file missing) in other sections, it may really NOT be missing. You will see it in the 09's and the 023s especially. The only time you should fix the (file missing) in those sections is IF AND ONLY IF you see a *bad* file there.". So I'm not going to worry about those files because they aren't missing.

The only files I'm concerned about are the 4 I reported in my first post:

Autorun entry: VIDC.l420 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll
    Autorun entry: VIDC.YUY2 Image Path: File not found: emYUV.dll
    Autorun entry: VIDC.VP80 Image Path: File not found: vp8vfw.dll
    Autorun entry: vidc.XVID Image Path: File not found: xvidvfw.dll

and the 4 I listed above under "actually missing".

rivre, Sep 30, 2016
  15. rivre Win User
    I'm still stuck here and would like to know what to do about these missing files. Any suggestions?

rivre, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

1. autoruns reports missing files - Similar Threads - autoruns reports missing

2. AUTORUN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUTORUN: HiWhat is this for found in my downloaded areaThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorun/3e7ac7b4-73d9-4033-abfe-b20cef58bae4
  3. Autoruns File Not Found

Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  4. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoruns File Not Found: I recently opened my AutoRuns and found this. What is the meaning of this? Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-file-not-found/558c62e5-92f5-4081-98c5-5602a19c9d74
  5. Autoruns File Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Autoruns missing files: wow64cpu, wowarmhw, wow64, xtajit, and wow64win on KnownDlls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoruns missing files: wow64cpu, wowarmhw, wow64, xtajit, and wow64win on KnownDlls: I ran Systinternals autoruns and these files are missing. Is this normal? I ran SFC and DISM and there was no corruption? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-missing-files-wow64cpu-wowarmhw-wow64/cce96ad6-7a50-4637-9cfe-42b211f20d3a
  7. Autoruns missing files: wow64cpu, wowarmhw, wow64, xtajit, and wow64win on KnownDlls

Autoruns missing files: wow64cpu, wowarmhw, wow64, xtajit, and wow64win on KnownDlls: I ran Systinternals autoruns and these files are missing. Is this normal? I ran SFC and DISM and there was no corruption? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoruns-missing-files-wow64cpu-wowarmhw-wow64/cce96ad6-7a50-4637-9cfe-42b211f20d3a
  8. WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WER error reporter not reporting;missing files; Building Windows Trust...: Could someone help me gather the correct information for these persistent crashing processes that I'm only able to view via Administration Tools\SystemInformation\Software Environment\ Windows Error Reporting Maybe sporadically in other places but only bread crumbs. From what...
  9. Why are these autoruns missing but their keys exist?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are these autoruns missing but their keys exist?: I just installed win 10 and downloaded Autoruns from sysinternals to note default auto run programs. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-these-autoruns-missing-but-their-keys/a1f7ca50-fbcf-4c3c-a45b-6c1287d7e14c
  10. autorun batch file usb

in Windows 10 Support
    autorun batch file usb: I want run a bat file from usb stick while inserting it plz help me 63747

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Autorun file missing from hd2016 program exported

2. etriskmonitor.exe