Windows 10: Autoscroll function and speech to text?

Discus and support Autoscroll function and speech to text? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was told Windows 10 had both but I can find neither. I know MS Word has an autoscrolling function but it's too fast even at the lowest setting. *Sad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rarara, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Rarara Win User

Autoscroll function and speech to text?

I was told Windows 10 had both but I can find neither. I know MS Word has an autoscrolling function but it's too fast even at the lowest setting. *Sad

I Googled and YTed but I still can't find out how to get speech to text to work.

:)

Rarara, Dec 7, 2015
  2. D STINSON Win User

autoscroll

Why hasn't anyone created an autoscroll app for the Windows Phone?

It would be nice to set a scrolling pace to read documents larger than one page rather than flick-flick-flick ad nauseum.

Had a similar feature on my Palm VII ten years ago; seems like somebody ought to be able to create this.

(I'm no developer, or I would try it myself.)

D STINSON, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Andreiaz. Win User
    Andreiaz., Dec 7, 2015
  4. KevinL Win User

Speech to text in Windows 10 is an option once you have set up Cortana. It is capable of voice recognition and will translate your voice into text on MS Word. But even if you use a sensitive microphone, it is not as accurate as speech to text pro which is an app that uses remote web services to perform speech to text conversion.

KevinL, Dec 24, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    Dear Rarara!
    You should find this MS Support article "Use Speech Recognition" both interesting and helpful. I agree with the previous poster that 3rd-party products (such as Dragon Naturally Speaking, in addition to his suggestion) are better for those in need of more serious and capable speech to text solutions.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Autoscroll function and speech to text? - Similar Threads - Autoscroll function speech

2. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  3. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  4. Speech to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text: Hello!In the past when i press the windows button and the letter h, speech to text will normally work. Now it is no longer working.Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-to-text/5c51e32e-5082-43dc-8a32-5ce5835cf0b9
  5. Speech to Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech to Text: In an online lecture and wanna take notes without having to type. I know with macs you can double tap the FN key to activate a speech to text thing that will take whatever a prof is saying and write it down in a word doc. How tf do I do this on windows? submitted by...
  6. text to speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    text to speech: I am trying to locate other united states female voices to add but can't locate them. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-to-speech/99702a97-6694-4e10-a2b4-614a713ce8db
  7. Speech To Text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speech To Text: I'm looking for a free user-friendly speech to text download for Windows 10 email and Word. I'v tried the STT with the black microphone logo, which I believe is the Windows STT, and couldn't get it to work. Please set me in the right direction. Thank you. *** Email address...
  8. Text to Speech

Text to Speech: Text to Speech identifies the acronyms incorrectly: Example: NM is spoken 'nanometer'. Reading Aviation material the NM is 'nautical mile' and VOR is not 'voor', it is V.O.R. There are more. I would like to modify TEXT to SPEECH speech file or dictionary relative to what...
  9. Text to speech function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text to speech function: Can anyone advise me if Windows has a speech to text function Thanks Huhana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-to-speech-function/8f030d61-3f8d-4ae1-8fd1-3f4cf9c59fcb
  10. Text-to-speech?

Text-to-speech?: Hello, just installed Win10 Pro 64 on my laptop and was wondering if they built in a Text-to-speech app? Like something you can copy-paste text in? -thanks! 10395