Windows 10: Autounattend.xml not working during Windows 10 setup

Discus and support Autounattend.xml not working during Windows 10 setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I'm trying to use this Autounattend.xml: Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Klomar, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Klomar Win User

Autounattend.xml not working during Windows 10 setup

Hi everyone!
    I'm trying to use this Autounattend.xml:

Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="specialize"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <ComputerName>DESKTOP1</ComputerName> </component> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <ComputerName>DESKTOP1</ComputerName> </component> </settings> </unattend>[/quote] to set only the computer name, but it doesn't work unless I add also this part:

Code: <settings pass="windowsPE"> </settings>[/quote] If I add the pass of windowsPE it works perfectly, even if I don't write anything in that section..
    But if I add that pass, the setup skips the first window where I can select repair my computer instead of install..

What am I doing wrong?

Please help me *Biggrin

PS. I dunno if that's important but I'm using an ISO from windows 10 x86 home setup, with an install.wim with inside all the versions of windows 10 (both x64 and x86)

:)

Klomar, Sep 19, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Autounattend.xml not working during Windows 10 setup

1. Autounattend.xml not working during Windows 10 setup - Similar Threads - Autounattend xml working

2. Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.: So I was trying to dualboot Windows 8.1 and windows 11. Windows 11 worked fine but when I dualbooted Windows 8.1 everything worked fine until there was some screen which I don't remember that removed my cursor. I managed to bypass it by spamming Enter but soon I couldn't...
  3. Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 cursor not working during setup.: So I was trying to dualboot Windows 8.1 and windows 11. Windows 11 worked fine but when I dualbooted Windows 8.1 everything worked fine until there was some screen which I don't remember that removed my cursor. I managed to bypass it by spamming Enter but soon I couldn't...
  4. Creating autounattend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating autounattend: Hi all, i have this issue while trying to install win 10 on my elitepad tablet. It boots up but i am unable to touch anything. Because usb hub cost stupid +200$ i though of creating unattend.xml file. But to my surprise it dont work. Does anyone of you have tips or...
  5. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  6. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  7. Autounattend doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Autounattend doesnt work: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral"...
  8. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?: I would like to clean a secondary data drive and select the drive that Windows 10 Setup should clean and install to. I would like Windows setup to clean and repartition the drive I select just like I specified in the unattend.xml file. Is this possible, or is there another...
  9. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?: My unattend.xml looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64"...
  10. Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup: Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin 5106

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 autounattend.xml

2. server 2016 autounattend.xml error durign setup