Windows 10: Available Networks not shown

Discus and support Available Networks not shown in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On login screen (Refer screenshot 1) available networks are shown when I click on icon of WI-FI. [img] However, when I login and click on WI-FI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bharichinmay, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Available Networks not shown

On login screen (Refer screenshot 1) available networks are shown when I click on icon of WI-FI.

Available Networks not shown [​IMG]

However, when I login and click on WI-FI icon, available networks are not show. I have tried all the solutions available on different forums but nothing seems to be working. (Refer screenshot 2)

Also, I reset my windows 10 and have installed couple of new programs like VLC, foobar, photoscape but none of them appear in programs list when I click on Start button.

Please help.

:)

bharichinmay, Jun 16, 2017

2. wifi 2 networks not showing in available networks for usb adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the device is compatible with Windows 10. Also, I suggest you to install the drivers for Alfa AWUS036NEH USB adapter in compatibility mode and check.
    Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 16, 2017
  3. wifi 2 networks not showing in available networks for usb adapter

HP Pavilion 17 laptop, about 2 yrs old, had win8 upgraded to 8.1 then win10

Trying to use alfa AWUS036NEH usb adapter.

The wifi networks are available for WIFI 1 for the onboard network adapter which works fine.

The problem is I am trying to use a USB long range usb adapter.

This shows up in settings as WIFI 2 and show the available networks.

However it doesn't show up in available networks to actually pick to connect to. When I had win 8.1 it showed both sets of available networks.

I checked device manager and tried to update the driver but it says its up to date.

Is there a way to get it to show the WIFI 2 networks to connect to?

travisteeXP, Jun 16, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

Available Networks not shown

It looks like you are clicking the wrong spot I marked where to click on your pic below.

Or a closer view from my taskbar

sml156, Jun 16, 2017
  5. Yes when I click on an icon marked by you like the 1st screenshot available networks are not shown even though I am connected to my home wi-fi by default.

bharichinmay, Jun 16, 2017
  6. daarsees Win User
    i have the exact same problem!! i have tried so many things

daarsees, Aug 12, 2017
  7. Run "services.msc" Check, if you have "Radio Management Service" running. Or run this as admin via CMD:

Code: sc config Dhcp start= auto sc config DPS start= auto sc config lmhosts start= auto sc config NlaSvc start= auto sc config nsi start= auto sc config RmSvc start= auto sc config Wcmsvc start= auto sc config WdiServiceHost start= demand sc config Winmgmt start= auto sc config NcbService start= demand sc config Netman start= demand sc config netprofm start= demand sc config WlanSvc start= auto sc config WwanSvc start= demand net start DPS net start nsi net start NlaSvc net start Dhcp net start Wcmsvc net start RmSvc[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Aug 12, 2017
  8. daarsees Win User

it was running set as manual. changed to automatic and did a restart in services. no luck
    the cmd suggestion came back with a bunch of invalid parameters. System error 5. and access is denied.
    I am in admin.

daarsees, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Available Networks not shown - Similar Threads - Available Networks shown

2. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown: When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to enable or disable things the only thing there to change is Ethernet not wireless connection. I know the antennas on my pc are...
  3. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown: When I try to troubleshoot all it says is to use Ethernet and nothing else but I can’t use Ethernet. When I go into the network and sharing centre to enable or disable things the only thing there to change is Ethernet not wireless connection. I know the antennas on my pc are...
  4. When I click on the network icon in the taskbar and settings no available networks are shown

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No networks shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks shown: I hadn't realised it up until now but I have no networks shown in my wifi tab, my ethernet connected to my wifi and works fine but its intervening in something i'm downloading I think. This never used to happen though, there were other wifi networks in my area as well that...
  6. No networks shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No networks shown: I hadn't realised it up until now but I have no networks shown in my wifi tab, my ethernet connected to my wifi and works fine but its intervening in something i'm downloading I think. This never used to happen though, there were other wifi networks in my area as well that...
  7. No networks shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!!

Available 'Wi-Fi' Networks are not shown!!: The Question was "No WIFI networks are shown, I mean WIFI adapter shows no WIFI networks even though it is enabled". Even I had the same question and problem but after trying all methods found a solution!! Here's how: Step 1: Open Control Panel and go to Network and...
  9. rename cellular name shown in the available networks

in Windows 10 Customization
    rename cellular name shown in the available networks: does anyone know how to rename the cellular available network, currently mine shows the name 000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-cellular-name-shown-in-the-available/ba2513c6-40bf-4599-89d9-4f68ff4ca00b
  10. Network icon not shown

Network icon not shown: Missing network icon from taskbar. I tried all methods for take back network icon but i unable. Please tell me what I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-icon-not-shown/4fc97438-ae59-430d-8bbd-b707201daeb2