Windows 10: Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam)

Discus and support Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased $59 worth of Piriform software (CCleaner Lifetime, plus four other programs) from AVANGATE.COM I decided I did not need the extra programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wen, Dec 17, 2016.

1. WEN
    wen Win User

Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam)

I purchased $59 worth of Piriform software (CCleaner Lifetime, plus four other programs) from AVANGATE.COM I decided I did not need the extra programs and I can get CCleaner (Lifetime) a lot cheaper (w/coupon code) somewhere else. The programs were never installed or registered. That afternoon I decided to email Avangate for a REFUND (30 day guaranty) and they never responded. Three days later, emailed again, no response so I opened a PayPal Resolution Claim. Avangate emails me back and says I will NEVER get a refund since I opened a PayPal Case.

ANOTHER SCAM !! PayPal will try to get my $59 back..............Good Luck !!

(Avangate Support Center)
    Dec 16, 08:48 EET
    Hello,
    Thank you for your email.
    Refunds are approved directly by the software publisher / service provider.
    We have noticed that you have opened a dispute with PayPal.
    Please be informed that if you choose to dispute the charge with PayPal the refund process is stopped on our end. We cannot proceed with both in the same time. At this point you can choose to let PayPal handle this and continue with the dispute or close it and we will send them a separate notice to inform that you request a refund for the reasons explained in your message.
    For further assistance do not hesitate to contact us.
    Kind regards,
    Customer Service Representative
    Avangate Payment Support

:)

2. 'wetechconsultants.com' or 'Apical Consulting Pvt. Ltd' or 'Zest Technologies'

I have been subscribed to wetech consultants and it seems to be working fine. I do not know about how you make a co genuine like i dont know the parameters..if it is a scam company then they do not leave any
    trace or do not give the co name or contact details

i do not know whom you contacted or what they said, i was clearly told it is not microsoft or any one else they said they are third party and not affiliated with microsoft anyhow and give all the details and documents. If that makes them genuine or not dont
    know. But this was my experience and I had another issue and they rectified it as well and I am happy as of now.

oksama lee, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Ellie_q Win User
    Another Scam

Today I received 3 robo calls left voice message:

"Your Microsoft License Key has been expired. All services are suspended"

call this 844 number

Considering I'm writing this post from my computer, don't think so.

Sharing for everyone to beware.

Ellie_q, Dec 17, 2016
  4. WEN
    wen Win User

• Date Occurred: 06/20/2016
    • Reported Damages: $469.99
    • Phone Carrier:

I received emails advising me that the ConnectTech charges were not being accepted by my bank. I had no idea why I was being charged or for what. I called ATT and was transferred to ConnectTech. I requested to speak to someone in the States since I have trouble understanding foreign accents. They were in India. They said they couldn't do that. After telling them my problems with consolidating all my ATT accounts I was asked permission allowing them to access my computer. I didn't know why but all they'd tell me was there were problems with my computer and they were going to fix them for me. After waiting for several minutes, the tech told me I had 8900 files(?) with viruses and my computer was going to crash, etc. He would fix everything for me or I could take my computer to a computer service store to get it fix they take a long time. He told me how much it would cost and I told him I couldn't afford to pay. I was concerned all my personal data could be in danger. He t on and on telling me how bad my computer was etc. I didn't understand most of what he was saying and asking him to repeat got him annoyed and he told me to hold on. Another tech got on the line and continued the conversation about the dangers etc. Since he was alreading accessing info. I should allow him to fix everything and I'll be happy. I didn't know what to do. It sounded as if my computer was going to crash right them if I didn't let them fix it.
    It took quite a long time for him to work on the computer and I was exhausted because of my disabilities. They had my bank information from our discussion about the emails and autopay. I was really lost. When I called back the next day the supervisor wouldn't let me speak. I told him I wanted their services cancelled and my money returned to my bank account. He put me on hold, came back on and said he'd refund me $200. A reversal of $100 was credited to my account. I believe the company should be shut down for misrepresentation, and everything else you can think of. They were aware I was a disabled senior citizen on a limited budget and now I can't pay my rent! I take responsibility for not using my head and redcognize this was a scam.

5. CountMike New Member
    A lot of scam (done by scum) going on there, don't let anybody mess with your computer online. Like in NEVER-EVER !!!! Not even Microsoft !!!

CountMike, Dec 18, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

@wen

Never bother with any VIRUS CLEANING program == it's far QUICKER simply to restore a clean backup (things like Macrium are FREE) and usually it's LOADS FASTER as often with an SSD some systems can be restored in 15 mins or so compared to often HOURS with A/V cleansing software.

By all means use A/V stuff to protect your computer - but once infected simply go for clean restore. A/V cleansing software doesn't always work 100% anyway either and if the infected computer has hosed up the A/V cleansing program you are royally hosed up in any case.

The nearest analogy in using an infected computer to repair itself is a bit like a Pilot saying - this plane has a defect - possibly serious - but I'll attempt to repair it after take off while we are in the air. I think you'd gladly skip that flight !!!!

Macrium Reflect is FREE -- works fine and used by a load of people on these boards with zero problems -- you can create bootable restore media on USB / DVD. Works VERY FAST - especially if OS is on an SSD -- keep OS separate from your DATA partitions (Films, Music, documents etc etc).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 18, 2016
  7. WEN
    wen Win User
    You are correct. Laugh if you may, but I backup ENTIRE system, every night with Macrium Reflect 6.3 (PAID). I have Restored from the day before many times because of something Malwarebytes didn't catch, or if I installed a program that ended up installing ransomeware or something like Wondershare. Have you heard about Wondershare ??

8. WEN
    wen Win User

As of today 12/22/16, PayPal informed me I have a Full Refund from Avangate !! It has posted to my PayPal account, but is not "available" yet !! Thanks PayPal !!

Merry Christmas

9. CountMike New Member
    If those scammers are using Paypall, than they cane make them refund money or they'd loose account.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Avangate - Another Co. that does NOT REFUND (Scam) - Similar Threads - Avangate Another does

2. another Defender phishing scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    another Defender phishing scam: just received this one - full headers of email msg included---------- Original Message ----------Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Received: from mx03.dca.untd.com mx03.dca.untd.com [10.171.44.33]by maildeliver10.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id...
  3. another Defender phishing scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    another Defender phishing scam: just received this one - full headers of email msg included---------- Original Message ----------Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Received: from mx03.dca.untd.com mx03.dca.untd.com [10.171.44.33]by maildeliver10.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id...
  4. Refunding or moving a purchase to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Refunding or moving a purchase to another account: I recently purchased the Sea of Thieves Plunder Pass on the wrong account. Is there a way I can refund it and rebuy it on the correct account OR transfer it to the new account?This should be easy, but it's stupidly hard and I've already spent two hours trying to figure this...
  5. Microsoft Game Refund a Scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Game Refund a Scam?: So I bought two copies of Crackdown 3 a few days ago for my brother's birthday and I was able to play for a couple of hours. The next day I tried to load it and nothing... I got to the "Press any button to continue" and the game froze.Since that moment I've tried "resetting"...
  6. Another Windows Defender scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another Windows Defender scam: Received an e-mail today from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" claiming: Microsoft Account Order Confirmation Invoice Number : WIN48974984-75246 Customer Id : 112621115 Email : xxxxxxxxxx Phone : +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX Invoice Date: Feb 04, 2021 Item...
  7. Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019: Phone call received from (713) 258-7687. I believed this to be a valid refund claim. After $5000.00 was added to my checking account, I was told it was a mistake. That was withdrawn and $500.00 added. That was then deleted and was in the process of being changed when I...
  8. Phone refund scam

Phone refund scam: Today April 8th 2019 I had a guy with a Mideastern or India accent call and tell me I was get a refund from Microsoft for 200 dollars which was funny I have not send Microsoft 200 dollars. Then he want me to give him access to my computer. I told him I don't give anyone...
  9. MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??

MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??: Security...I received seceral phone calls (finally answered today) from a caller with a distinct accent that said i was due a refund from microsoft of about $300. I am skeptical because he needed a verification code which i have not yet requested and then he supposed;ly...
  10. Another scam... ????

Another scam... ????: Last night I got a red screen and an automated message saying I need to call a number to get this fixed. My screen was locked and I could not get rid of the message. I was not savvy enough to copy the screen. I called the number and was told I had a Microsoft network...