Windows 10: Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved

Discus and support Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi There Recently did a Clean Windows 10 Install to clean up system further since January, anyways now can't receive pictures on skype, reinstalled... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved

Hi There

Recently did a Clean Windows 10 Install to clean up system further since January, anyways now can't receive pictures on skype, reinstalled Avast on advice from online friend that I needed that for better security protection, well anyways now can't receive pictures on skype at all, text messaging working fine, and I assume calling working fine, haven't tested calling yet.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Avast 12.1.2272

Tried resetting skype twice already

Here is Skype connection dump if that helps any

MSNP: Connection Data (MSNP24):
    * Server Current: s.gateway.messenger.live.com
    * Server Saved: s.gateway.messenger.live.com
    * Login: amd*******outlook.com (Token)
    * Skypename: bike [linked]
    * EPID: 433a23bd-c00c-246a-d5e4-8581ef4b759a
    * ClientVersion: 0/7.25.0.103//
    * OSVersion: Windows 10.0 (build
    * Time: TZ: UTC-4, Server: 1466871162, Local: 1466871161
    * Connection: IF: 0 DC: 0 RC: direct
    * B: 0 CS:[B:0 S:0] MO:1
    * Recent connect: s.gateway.messenger.live.com @ 2016-06-25T15:39:23Z
    * Recent connect: s.gateway.messenger.live.com @ 2016-06-24T17:35:28Z
    * Recent connect: s.gateway.messenger.live.com @ 2016-06-24T17:16:19Z
    * Push: None (Unregistered)

Any other advice?

Was issue on Friends end, all resolved now

:)

AMDMan2016, Jun 24, 2016
  2. taytwo Win User

Error code local user bx06de4897 md9858 product key missing virus

I had the same DNS problem after solving the lock issue... It was because I installed avast and his web protection was doing a DNS issue. I just uninstalled Avast and it solved the issue...

Hope it is the same problem for you

taytwo, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Vasile M. Win User
    lumia 620 store error

Hi Anas_91,

Thanks for the forum entry.

Please remember when the last update was working if possible.

Uninstall application that have a preview notification.

Try uninstalling skype, face book application. or remove face book from the Phone.

restart the Phone.

That should solve the issue.

Then you can install them again and the issue should be solved.

If the same happens after a a few days then back up as much as possible and reset the Phone.

Best Regards

Vasile M., Jun 24, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved

Hi.
    I've got a Dell Inspiron W10 Home x64 system here with Avast and Skype installed fresh yesterday. Skype is working fine, and pictures are downloading. I don't know what you mean by resetting Skype, but I would completely uninstall it. Then, I would go to Control Panel>Programs and Features, select Avast, and select MODIFY, then uninstall all but the features shown here:

Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved [​IMG]

Then, I would reinstall Skype and see if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it goes.

simrick, Jun 26, 2016
  5. I fixed it I think, but i'll redo Avast features anyways shortly here, and fix that up as well. Only other component I don't have unchecked right now is home network security, but will fix that up right away, and be all set I think

AMDMan2016, Jun 26, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    What did you do that you think fixed it?

simrick, Jun 26, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    The only thing the network security scan does is check to see if you've changed the default password for your router. *Wink

simrick, Jun 26, 2016
  8. Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved

Well Friend stated he wasn't seeing my pictures I sent, or he sent, cause of spybot windows 10 telemetry blocker he had installed, all the trouble shooting I did, and wasn't even on my end lol.

Will fix Avast shortly here just gotta finish a few tasks, then will get that done, and think all set now

AMDMan2016, Jun 26, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Tell your Friend to get rid of Spybot altogether and use something more well-respected, like MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware, and stop worrying about Windows Telemetry. *Wink

Please mark the thread as solved. Cheers!

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved

1. Avast 12.1.2272 and Skype Possible issues--Solved - Similar Threads - Avast 2272 Skype

2. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  3. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  4. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Skype for Business Online will retire in 12 months

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business Online will retire in 12 months: A year ago, we announced the July 31, 2021 retirement date for Skype for Business Online along with our recommendation that customers upgrade to Microsoft Teams. Since then, Teams adoption and usage continue to grow, as organizations have needed to find better ways to safely...
  6. Skype connection issues

Skype connection issues: Hey guys, I always use vpn with different countries while using skype. From past week when I login to my skype it always show reload on GUI but on system tray it show regular skype icon. And while I dropdown the profile it says active. Check the below attachments. GUI:...
  7. Issue with Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Skype for Business: I recently bought a laptop. OS windows 10 . However i am unable to launch skype for business. It just flashes on the screen for a while and then disappears. IE version is IE11. Tried reinstalling and rebooting system. However it doesn't work. Please help. Thanks in Advance....
  8. Skype Syncing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Skype Syncing Issue: I installed the latest Skype version on Windows 10. Unfortunately, Skype is not syncing contacts and messages. Looks like I've never used Skype before. Do assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-syncing-issue/e56f608e-3da9-41f9-9567-1eb69ee69fff
  9. Skype issue

Skype issue: So I am on a Skype call with a friend, while playing a game. I can hear all his system sounds and his game come through. We also tried Discord and Teamspeak, same thing. He only had one Mic shown in record Tab, hidden devices shows no others. Stereo Mix is not enabled All...
  10. Issue with Avast

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue with Avast: Hi Was wondering if I could get an opinion on the Avast free security, I've been using for some time but the constant reminder of your PC is being slowed by certain things like 2 GB's of junk files and a few other things, is this a major concern. thanks very much and sorry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avast business skype issue