Windows 10: Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG

Discus and support Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Security giant Avast has announced it intends to acquire fellow Czech-based antivirus software maker AVG for a purchase price of $25.00 per share in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TairikuOkami, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG

Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG for $1.3BN to gain scale and dive into IoT security | TechCrunch

Avast and AVG: A Future Together

At least one question will become meaningless: Which is better, Avast or AVG? Lets call it Avgast. *Nerd

:)

TairikuOkami, Jul 6, 2016

2. Deleted ProfileImagepath files and now i Can't log in

I think your best bet at this point would be doing a clean install of Win10 Version 1703.

Tip: Avoid Norman, AVG & Avast applications - rely on Windows Defender & Firewall to protect your computer. [1]

=================================================

[1] AVG acquired Norman then Avast acquired AVG about a year ago.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Feedback hub

Assuming you've done a fresh install of Win10 Version 1703 and Feedback Hub is working now, very good.

TIP: Don't install Avast again, just make sure that the Windows Defender Antivirus and the Windows Firewall are both enabled & working properly.

COMMENT: Avast (and AVG) applications have been fairly "buggy" [IMHO] since Avast acquired AVG last year.

TIP: If you've installed Avast Free again, it will not uninstall properly unless you reboot into Safe Mode and then run the Avast Uninstall Utility (avastclear.exe).

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 6, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG

Oh the Godzilla Facepalms are incoming .... *Smile

RWOne, Jul 6, 2016
  5. yammo Win User
    I've had no problems with AVG products. It will be interesting how this merger will play out, product-wise.

yammo, Jul 6, 2016
  6. socklosk Win User
    I liked AVG because it would warn the user of PUPs. Now I use Microsoft Defender and Anti-Malware Bytes.

socklosk, Jul 7, 2016
  7. Avast = too many ads

AVG = sellling user privacy data

Avast + AVG = Free antivirus will be worse than current right now.

^^^ That is my personal opinion, but these two offer great free av in the market.

RubberDucky, Jul 10, 2016
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

I think this could be bad for competition but it's too early to know.

eLPuSHeR, Jul 10, 2016
  9. Not finalized yet - could still fall through

garydexter, Jul 10, 2016
  10. cognus Win User
    Breath of fresh air on a stale subject! it isn't just your opinion... only I would disagree that the two offer anything worthwhile other than system-taxing Placebo Effect for those who still believe in "Viruses".
    i hate avg... think of it as grayware.

this is natural consequence of a dying subsegment of dying consumer PC market.... Even Intel has thrown in the towel on consumer PC market. does anyone seriously think that an east european hack outfit like avast is going to be able to attract/retain top talent "best & brightest & most ethical" to a dying despised subchannel?
    microsoft has skin in the game: they MUST perform on the defensive front. the other clowns make more from scamming and selling to the blackhats

cognus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG - Similar Threads - Avast acquires antivirus

2. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  3. Removing antivirus such as AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing antivirus such as AVG: How do you remove AVG antivirusand stop their annoying pop-up ads? There was a tempting free trial offer to try AVG antivirus; only one of dozens on the market available to download. I was unsatisfied generally and now need to uninstall and remove it completely, mainly...
  4. Avast AntiVirus Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Avast AntiVirus Bug: Hi team, I have been facing this problem from yesterday, Avast anti virus installing automatically , I didn't even download the setup and I am pretty much sure I uninstalled the Anti virus yesterday but When I logged in today the anti virus program was there , I have Mcfee...
  5. Problems with AVG & Avast

Problems with AVG & Avast: I'm having problems with both AVG and Avast...Of course those are both the free ones. So I'm looking for a different antivirus that is free and doesn't conflict with other programs. I have malwarebytes installed but I don't feel secure enough with just that. I used Avast...
  6. AVG antivirus

AVG antivirus: How do i delete AVG free antivirus and use Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-antivirus/56a2cde5-8281-44d6-8b52-59b691cb882d"
  7. Is Avast a safe Antivirus?

Is Avast a safe Antivirus?: I recently found a free antivirus software called Avast. I'm just wondering if it is safe to install and if it is worth it. If you can, please answer ASAP. My McAfee is running out. I have seen other users encounter BSoD(STOP) errors and viruses that made its way onto the...
  8. Avast Antivirus Problem

Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...
  9. Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker: Hello, Finally have decided to remove AVG antivirus software, too many troubles recently (posted to you my story this week). But first I have some questions: 1. Uninstall from control panel 2. Uninstall with CCleaner. 3. Uninstall using AVG remover tool...
  10. Avast to buy antivirus rival AVG for $1.3 billion

in Windows 10 News
    Avast to buy antivirus rival AVG for $1.3 billion: Antivirus firm Avast has announced a deal to buy rival company AVG for $1.3 billion (£1bn).The transaction is an-cash offer for AVG's shares at a price of $25 per share. Avast will finance the deal with existing cash reserves and debt financing from third party lenders.The...