Windows 10: avast free, w10 said it had closed all w10 security & I should uninsta

Discus and support avast free, w10 said it had closed all w10 security & I should uninsta in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use windows 10 paid for with purchased PC. I installed avast free, w10 said it had closed all w10 security & I should de-install Avast s/ware, I did... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lago, Jan 7, 2017.

1. lago Win User

avast free, w10 said it had closed all w10 security & I should uninsta

I use windows 10 paid for with purchased PC.
    I installed avast free, w10 said it had closed all w10 security & I should de-install Avast s/ware, I did this using Avast uninstall s/ware downloaded from the i/net.
    After this I lost all my w10 features including i/net connection.
    Now I'm unable to do anything with w10 also cant re-install without an i/net connection.
    I've tried everything possible in W10 trouble shooting etc, modem shows as OK/drivers OK, nothing functions except programs/pictures/docs etc.

What do you suggest, if anything, I have a backup but does not function without i/net connection?
    I've 2 other PC's, 1 W10 other W7 both paid for, both function with i/net etc?

Thanks for any info in advance

:)

lago, Jan 7, 2017
  2. Ramuettan Win User

Windows 10 Pro & DVD Player

Thanks Andre. I am afraid I had clarified what was my situation. I think with what you said, I shouldn't have been allowed to reinstall W10 Pro if I had done it as a clean install. Instead, I should have been allowed to restore W7 Pro and forget about
    the free W10 upgrade.

Ramuettan, Jan 7, 2017
  3. ANTI VIRUS REMOVED IN W10 INSTALLATION....CAN ANTI VIRUS BE RE-INSTALLED ?

I BOUGHT AVAST AND IT WAS REMOVED IN THE W10 INSTALLATION

W10 IS WORKING GOOD

CAN I RE-INSTALL THE AVAST NOW.

PLEASE HELP

MASTER JON, Jan 7, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Can you open Settings, is so type Recovery in find a setting box for options.

dencal, Jan 7, 2017
  5. torre Win User
    Very unusual message, possible malware. Check dencal's message above.

torre, Jan 8, 2017
  6. lago Win User
    I did as you suggested before also but tried again, It says 'unable to complete your request' also if I try the deleting files option.

Thanks anyway!

lago, Jan 8, 2017
  7. dencal Win User
    It looks like you will have to reinstall.
    Using another computer to make an ISO, all instructions are on the following link.
    When it asks for key ignore as it is embedded on motherboard.

Access Denied

dencal, Jan 8, 2017
  8. lago Win User

Thanks,
    I've downloaded, but will it delete all other files on the PC please?

lago, Jan 8, 2017
  9. dencal Win User
    You will have the choice....my advice is to do a clean install as you have a suspect infection, and keeping your old files might be unwise, though you could try retaining them first......if unsuccessful you could always do the clean install
    Would suggest in future you do backups, then if you get infected you have something to fall back on.

dencal, Jan 8, 2017
  10. lago Win User
    Hi again,
    I downloaded on my other w10 PC, but the problem PC wont accept the download.
    Message........... contact Microsoft, 0x800706D9-0X2000?
    As normal nothing much works as it should via Microsoft.

11. dencal Win User
    dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. avast free, w10 said it had closed all w10 security & I should uninsta - Similar Threads - avast free w10

2. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  3. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  4. FREE VPN for W10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FREE VPN for W10?: I am just starting to give some thought to using a VPN with my main browser, Edge. I realise free ones will have various limitations but want to try some first, a promising looking example being WINDSCRIBE. I have tried ChrisPC VPN but without success (it is a sort of...
  5. Should I switch to W10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I switch to W10?: Hi I am a linux user, I want to play league of legends but my system sucks, I was able to play on W7 quite good on low settings around 100 fps. My system specs are Pentium g3260 CPU 4 GB DDR3 Ram 500GB HDD and R5 220. Should I switch Windows 10 or go with Windows 7. Regards....
  6. W10 2004, sleep and hibernate closing all open apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 2004, sleep and hibernate closing all open apps: hi, two days ago installed an SSD on my laptop and installed fresh windows os instead of cloning old one. now after installing all the old apps setting up things as it was before. I came to know that sleep or hibernate is not working. closing all open apps it is a very...
  7. I had to reinstall W10 Pro

I had to reinstall W10 Pro: I had to reinstall W10 Pro, my question we did a back-up before reinstall and now I am missing some of my programs and data. How can I retrieve these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reinstall-w10-pro/61b78107-f58e-4f3d-a330-2a9795969c8d
  8. Closing tabs on W10 and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Closing tabs on W10 and IE11: How can I setup my computer to close all tabs when I use power off for Edge and IE11. Thanks 109843
  9. Free W10 upgrade

Free W10 upgrade: Like I mentioned earlier my Acer I did an upgrade a bit over two weeks ago and the upgrade worked using my 7Starter keys and was upgraded to Home and I'm not talking out of my @$$. I didn't like how much slower it was when it was appified so I ripped it out by the roots and...
  10. All fixed now but I had big problems reverting from W10

in Windows 10 Support
    All fixed now but I had big problems reverting from W10: This is just for information really... I don't know why or what the reasons for this happening were but all is well now. For some unknown reason I was unable to restore a working Acronis image (of Vista) back onto the C partition used by W10. (I'll no doubt be back to...