Windows 10: Avast launches new price comparison extension for Windows 10’s Edge

Discus and support Avast launches new price comparison extension for Windows 10’s Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge received support for extensions with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and ever since then, the developers have published new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 4, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Avast launches new price comparison extension for Windows 10’s Edge

Microsoft Edge received support for extensions with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and ever since then, the developers have published new extensions for the browser. Microsoft Edge still has fewer extensions than Google Chrome but the software giant last year said that it’s really not a bad thing.

Avast recently released a new price comparison extension for Microsoft Edge, Windows 10’s default web browser. The extension called SafePrice is from award-winning antivirus firm Avast but it’s not in any way related to antivirus solutions, the extension is basically supposed to help users find the best deals on the internet.

You can install Avast’s SafePrice extension in Microsoft Edge and find best deals and coupons for products from your Windows 10. It’s worth noting that Avast has also released the extension for Google Chrome, and it’s a decent solution to find better deals while you shop online.

Security company Avast launched the extension for Microsoft Edge to help users find deals from the trustworthy and reputable shopping website.

“Avast SafePrice will automatically check every other trustworthy, reputable shopping website and give you a comprehensive list of the best online deals and free coupons. Then, all you have to do is click on the deal you want, and presto, we’ll take you there and you can finish your purchase,” the company explains the extension.

Avast SafePrice works in a pretty straightforward way, and it automatically checks for better deals for the products you want to purchase online. The extension is completely free and you can download it from the Microsoft Store.

The post Avast launches new price comparison extension for Windows 10’s Edge appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 9, 2018
  3. Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Extension in Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Avast launches new price comparison extension for Windows 10’s Edge

1. Avast launches new price comparison extension for Windows 10’s Edge - Similar Threads - Avast launches price

2. Edge is not installing any new extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge is not installing any new extension: I'm facing persistent issues with Microsoft Edge. Despite reinstalling, extensions won't download, and profile syncing is stuck completely. Any guidance or solutions would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Windows 10 S V Windows 10 Home - Size comparison

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 S V Windows 10 Home - Size comparison: Hi folks, I just bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 S preinstalled...boo.... Looking to upgrade to Home but would like to find out the difference in size first as I don't have a massive hard drive, Does anyone have a 10s vs 10 Home size comparison. If there is not much...
  4. Warning by avast Extension for this site.

in Browsers and Email
    Warning by avast Extension for this site.: Today I noticed I was getting a warning about this site. Just thought i would mention it. The extention is Avast online security, for chrome, firefox edge etc 150141
  5. Windows 10's Backup - comparison?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10's Backup - comparison?: Hello, is Windows 10's Backup able to compare the files of the internal drive with the filse on an external USB disk and only copy new + modified files to the external backup disk? Or is it only able to copy files to an external drive and that's it, no comparison? If...
  6. Windows 10 browser efficiency comparison with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 browser efficiency comparison with Microsoft Edge: Browser efficiency comparison - Fullscreen Video Windows 10 October 2018 Update Methodology summary The Microsoft Edge team measured the time it took identical Surface Book laptops to run fully through their batteries while streaming HTML5 video in fullscreen. The test was...
  7. Comparison of Google Chrome with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Comparison of Google Chrome with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft Edge gets better with each upgrade of Windows 10. After three years of its initial release, I am comparing it against Google Chrome as an end user to see how it fares when it comes to battery usage, and [...] This post Comparison of Google Chrome with...
  8. Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.: Hello , So i recently received a malwarebytes premium license for free and i decided to use the malwarebytes browser too , now my question is , which browser extension is better , malwarebytes or avast? i already had avast for chrome , but i think that malwarebytes might be...
  9. Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Avast officially launches Online Security extension for Microsoft Edge: Avast Online Security extension is available in the Microsoft Store for almost two months now but it was officially announced in a blog post yesterday. In release notes of Avast Antivirus version 18.6.2349, the antivirus and security firm announced that the new extension...
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...