Windows 10: Avast uninstall resulted in Automatic Repair loop

Discus and support Avast uninstall resulted in Automatic Repair loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I thought I'd try out free version of Avast. Well, after few weeks of getting rocked by popups, I uninstalled it(from programs and features) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dpash, Aug 20, 2015.

1. dpash Win User

Avast uninstall resulted in Automatic Repair loop

So I thought I'd try out free version of Avast. Well, after few weeks of getting rocked by popups, I uninstalled it(from programs and features) and rebooted it, thinking life is good now. Hell naw it ain't good now, not at all.

I'm stuck in Automatic Repair loop. Windows attempts to auto repair, tells me my PC didn't start properly, does not boot to safe mode, does not find any restore points, fails to "Startup Repair" and is unable to "Reset this PC"

In command prompt that I can open in that cute lil blue metro interface I get following:

1. Disks are there and volumes are healthy(tho volume letters are wrong my os SSD is D: and storage HDD is C: )
    2. sfc /scannow tells me that there is a system repair pending which requires reboot blah blah fml
    3. dism ran against D: with /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth fails with logs containing few errors(among tons of info logs):
    *Error creating registry mapping:COMPONENTS - CIfflineRegistry::Init
    *Failed to mount the remote registry
    *Failed to set the windows directory to 'D:\Windows'
    4. dism ran with /revertpendingactions gives me same errors in logs as above

that's pretty much it. So is my registry completely screwed? anything else I can try?

:)

dpash, Aug 20, 2015
  2. 7imrc Win User

BSOD Memory Management results in automatic repair loop

Thank you for your reply.

given that I can only access this system in the Win recovery environment, how would I go about doing this?

thanks.

7imrc, Aug 20, 2015
  3. 7imrc Win User
    BSOD Memory Management results in automatic repair loop

In addition, I have managed to turn off auto repair.

i subsequently get the following BSOD error:

file: CLFS.SYS

error code: 0xc000007b

i am still only able to get into the recovery environment.

thanks.

7imrc, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Is this 2 drives or partitions?

5. dpash Win User
    2 drives

dpash, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    I have not seen your problem before and have no guaranteed fix.

Have you tried unplugging the storage drive and then running the repair?

7. dpash Win User
    Welp, I completely killed the installation. gonna have to just reinstall now

dpash, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Avast uninstall resulted in Automatic Repair loop - Similar Threads - Avast uninstall resulted

2. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Loop: When I turn my laptop on it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and goes black. Then it turns off. I've looked for some solutions but none match my problem. Thank you : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-loop/83cc9400-b3a9-4b51-a99c-f0510ad80dff
  3. Automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop: Every time i open my laptop it automatically show preapiring automatic repair.. diagnosis your pc.And when u llok my c drive directory it shows just 1 file and when i look system image recovery windows c is free.....i dont have admin...pla help me asap my classes starting...
  4. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop: Hi, I'm currently experiencing this automatic repair loop, I already tried restarting and watched videos of how to fix it but none of them works, I stumbled upon a video where you use command prompt but in my case, I couldn't use it because it needs me to sigj in, I forgot to...
  5. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Loop: One day, when i went to turn on my laptop, it went into an automatic repair. I tried every type os solution i could find on google but nothing works. It either says it can not perform this action, or says it encountered some problems, “now restarting”, but it does not...
  6. Automatic Repair Loop

Automatic Repair Loop: Can someone please help me. My laptop is stuck in automatic repair loop. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10. It was working alright this morning until I turn it off then tryed to turn it back on. It was really slow starting up and when it did a message come up...
  7. Memory management BSOD resulted in automatic repair loop

Memory management BSOD resulted in automatic repair loop: I am hoping this is in the correct thread, if not please advise as to where to move it? Memory management BSOD resulted in laptop rebooting.* Since then, I am stuck in an automatic repair loop. I cannot get Win10 to run, only access to the Recovery Environment: 1. I...
  8. preparing automatic repair loop; rivatuner uninstall

in Windows 10 Support
    preparing automatic repair loop; rivatuner uninstall: Hello, So my computer will simply not start up. When I turn the computer on, first I get about five seconds of the MSI homescreen (just MSI on black), then add the loading wheel for half a second, freezes, then black, then MSI with "preparing automatic repair" for a second,...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair Loop: Have an existing W-10 Home on a Dell 660 Desktop. It keeps starting with the Automatic Repair that goes to the "Diagnosing your PC" to the "Pc did not start correctly". Going to "Advanced" and "Troubleshooting" I first tried to "Reset". Went thru the motions then "Could not...
  10. Windows 10 in automatic repair loop since uninstalling avast

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 in automatic repair loop since uninstalling avast: Hi All, Hope I'm posting this in the right place. I upgraded my desktop pc from windows 7 to windows 10 a few weeks ago. not ha any issues but turned it on this morning and it said 'start menu and Cortana aren't working'. Googled this issue and came across a few sites...