Windows 10: Avast update still appears after uninstall

Discus and support Avast update still appears after uninstall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I uninstalled Avast Free Anti-Virus, although for some reason every time I boot up my computer, it still gives me the notification that Avast is still... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cosmic Eternity, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Avast update still appears after uninstall

I uninstalled Avast Free Anti-Virus, although for some reason every time I boot up my computer, it still gives me the notification that Avast is still installed, but not up-to-date and not protecting my PC.

This is not the first time I have encountered this glitch, I had it happen on an old XP computer back in April.

How do I stop it happening? -.-

Thanks.

:)

Cosmic Eternity, Dec 3, 2016
  2. BobGee525 Win User

Fall Creators Update Resulting in High CPU Use By Service Host

Also had this problem but it only appeared after the W10 Nov 15th update. Unfortunately its appearance coincided with my purchase/installation of AVAST Premier. Didn't really know which one was to blame, but after uninstalling Avast my CPU was still working
    overtime. I finally found Jean-Baptiste's'fix' (above) and it has seemingly "solved" the problem. Keeping my fingers crossed, but still don't know which once to blamne. Which came first the chicken (the W10 update) or the egg (the Avast installation)????

BobGee525, Dec 3, 2016
  3. *SOLVED* Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Start Menu/Windows App Problems

I uninstalled Avast a few days after the problem appeared and I haven't encountered the problem since. It is not the first time Avast has caused problems after a major Windows update, but it is the last. Their product support never contacted me about the
    problem. I haven't had the problem at all since uninstalling.

Emmanuell2025, Dec 3, 2016
  4. Avast update still appears after uninstall

Goto Avast FAQ | Avast 2016: Using the Uninstall Utility, Download avastclear uninstall utlity, start it in Admin account, then hit yes to reboot to safe mode, select the folders Avast was installed in, then select your version, and it will remove Avast. (Avast user since 2006)

AMDMan2016, Dec 3, 2016
  5. Okay, I have an issue. I booted into Safe Mode, only to find I cannot move the Trackpad now, and cannot return to Normal Mode. I tried setting Windows 10 in msconfig to default but it wouldn't have it. Help. I don't have a USB mouse.

Cosmic Eternity, Dec 3, 2016
  6. Try using your tab key on keyboard, then hit ctrl alt delete, which should open task manager, then allow you to reboot is probably best way to do that in regards with no mouse.

AMDMan2016, Dec 3, 2016
  7. No worries, I found out how to fix it via the msconfig settings. Thanks anyway for your help.

Cosmic Eternity, Dec 4, 2016
  8. Avast update still appears after uninstall

Hi:

Some computer experts suggest that "msconfig" is actually supposed to be a diagnostic tool, not a startup manager.
    If you use it for the latter, then you may not be able to use it for the former, should the need arise.

A better strategy might be to fully uninstall the offending application.
    (With some AVs, their removal tool must be run from Windows Safe Mode to get full cleanup -- NOTE: I understand that you said you may have tried it? Did you run the removal tool anyway, even though you didn't see the application to uninstall it?)

If you want to control startups, you might want to look at either Autoruns for Windows or a 3rd-party utility, such as WinPatrol.
    WinPatrol has both Free and Paid versions.

>>Another suggestion: Have you tried Revo Uninstaller?

Just a thought,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Avast update still appears after uninstall

1. Avast update still appears after uninstall - Similar Threads - Avast update still

2. Snap Camera still appear after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Camera still appear after uninstalling: Hi,I have already uninstalled Snap Camera following the suggestion found here, but Snap Camera still appears in the camera option on every platforme.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Classroom. It is very troublesome especially on Teams where I cannot choose other cameras...
  3. Snap Camera still appear after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap Camera still appear after uninstalling: Hi,I have already uninstalled Snap Camera following the suggestion found here, but Snap Camera still appears in the camera option on every platforme.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Classroom. It is very troublesome especially on Teams where I cannot choose other cameras...
  4. Keyboard not working after uninstalling Avast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard not working after uninstalling Avast: Hello,My keyboard has recently been damaged because of uninstalling Avast with the official uninstaller. Now, my keyboard went from red to off. I can write on it, but, it looks awful. It has been like this for 1 week. 2 weeks ago it was RGB, now it is sometimes red, but,...
  5. Keyboard not working after uninstalling avast

Keyboard not working after uninstalling avast: Hello,Yesterday I uninstalled Avast for the second time and now my keyboard won't change colors. My trackpad is working though. I've looked through some forums but I couldn't find anything helpful. What should I do?By the way, 3 days ago I uninstalled it again. My keyboard...
  6. Keyboard not working after uninstalling Avast

Keyboard not working after uninstalling Avast: Hello,Today I uninstalled Avast for the second time and now my keyboard won't light up. My trackpad is working though. I've looked through some forums but I couldn't find anything helpful. What should I do?By the way, 2 days ago I uninstalled it again. My keyboard went from...
  7. Device still appears in the device manager after uninstallation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device still appears in the device manager after uninstallation.: I am having problems with the "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200" and want to reinstall it cleanly. When I uninstall the device with the device manager it appears there again after a reboot. Is there a way to completely uninstall the device?...
  8. NEED TO UNINSTALL AVAST BUT ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NEED TO UNINSTALL AVAST BUT ...: I read your Q&A regarding this issue. Have tried and uninstall Avast, but now it is BACK! Now you say I am to download avast-clear from AVAST!?! Will it not install other undeletable issues on my computer?!...
  9. "Whats needs you attention" still shows avast after I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Whats needs you attention" still shows avast after I uninstalled it: Im trying to update windows but it told me I needed to uninstall avast because its not "compatable with windows 10". whatever, so I uninstall it but the updater STILL tells me to uninstall it when theres no trace of avast anywhere on my pc. Its driving me insane....
  10. Uninstalled Avast, but it still shuts down Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalled Avast, but it still shuts down Windows Defender: I've been experimenting with various AV programs. I had installed Avast (free) as a trial, then decided to uninstall it. I used iobit uninstaller. Then I wanted to make sure WD was back in operation but saw the message that Avast was still in control. What can I do to get WD...