Windows 10: Avast users, if your Win 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why

Discus and support Avast users, if your Win 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Avast users, if your Windows 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why Users who have Avast’s antimalware solution on a PC with Intel... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Avast users, if your Win 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why

Avast users, if your Windows 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why

Avast users, if your Windows 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why | PCWorld

:)

Borg 386, Aug 4, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

I get "system thread exception not handled" error when finishing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi Kate&Andy.,

There are Avast drivers loaded during the crash so try uninstalling Avast, run the update then reinstall Avast or use Windows build-in antivirus (Windows Defender) and firewall.

Edit:

Looks like other users are reporting issues with Avast such as here so if you get the Anniversary Update installed wait for Avast to issue a fix or defer the
    upgrade until the issue is fixed.

auggy, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Failed to Install

I have yet to uninstall Avast. However, my system was able to successfully install the most recent Windows security update. In spite of this, the Anniversary Update still fails. It seems that Windows Update works fine for smaller updates, but not for major
    ones. Will report back as soon as I retry installing the Anniversary Update after uninstalling Avast.

KendricTee, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Avast users, if your Win 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why

Looks like Avast have release an updateto tackle the problem. My secondary hdd has Avast on it so many thanks for the headsup Borg - may have saved many a blue scren.

The emergency update was already released for Avast 12.2.2276

It is safe now to perform a clean installation using the on-line installer on Skylake CPUs running Windows Anniversary Update.

[fixed] Avast causes Blue Screen after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Barneyrubble, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Went ahead with the update after updating Avast first. Everything seems to have worked out fine*Party

Barneyrubble, Aug 5, 2016
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Good to know they got it sorted. Thanks for the info *Biggrin

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Avast users, if your Win 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why

1. Avast users, if your Win 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why - Similar Threads - Avast users Anniversary

2. Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update: Of course after I set everything to not need password login my PC and MS reset everything back to login with password or PIN. Sure these are all saved, on drives etc. only accessible from the PC environment. There is a lot of bad information on how to successfully recover...
  3. Win 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Anniversary update: My Laptop, running Win10 Pro 64-bit, updated yesterday, and I am now on this version. Is this the latest? i.e. the MS Anniversary update? [img] 58665
  4. Anniversary Update - Here It Comes!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update - Here It Comes!: Crap! I see "update to Windows 10, version 1607" is available, and will be installed on my computer tonight! Which means, tomorrow: 1. I won't be able to disable the Lock Screen. I will be forced to look at a "pretty picture" before I will be allowed to log on to my own...
  5. PC fails to identify smartphone following Win 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC fails to identify smartphone following Win 10 Anniversary Update: I've been using my win10 system from routine maintenance of my LG G2 smartphone. Following MS extensive Anniversary Update, my pc stopped to identify my smartphone as a device' preventing me for any use of the pc for the phone. Is there anything I can do to solve this...
  6. Win 10 Anniversary fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Anniversary fails to install: My anniversary update failed near 80% complete showing: 0x80070017-0x2000c...failed in SAFE_OS phase...error APPLY_IMAGE operation. I suspect a hard drive problem as it makes noises. I have a new hard drive that I would like to replace the old one with. It is new (WD 1 TB...
  7. Anniversary Update - a no go here

Anniversary Update - a no go here: Windows tried to install the anniversary update. Downloaded fine - restarted itself with the normal percent completed figures then after restarting got the - 'System Thread Exception Not Handled' message. Fortunately it auto restored the previous version of Win10 so no...
  8. ISO for Anniversary Win 10 update

ISO for Anniversary Win 10 update: Does anyone have a link for the ISO file (to make a bootable DVD) for the Anniversary Win 10 update? Thanks, Gerry 64809
  9. Why no anniversary update?

Why no anniversary update?: My desktop computers are running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.545 I don't appear to get the anniversay update. Is there a reason for this? (I have a year old laptop with Windows 10 Home and that did get the anniversary update.) 74147
  10. Anniversary update fails

Anniversary update fails: I'm helping a friend with her Toshiba laptop. It came with Windows 7 and she had updated it to windows 10 but could not update to the anniversary version. The anniversary update repeatedly failed for me too. So I did a sfc/scannow which found errors and fixed them. I...