Windows 10: Avatars (Animated gif)

Discus and support Avatars (Animated gif) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't wanna hi-jack Stephanie's thread so I created this thread for animated avatars. @gregrocker , here is your request. [img] Hope this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by badrobot, Nov 8, 2014.

1. badrobot Win User

I don't wanna hi-jack Stephanie's thread so I created this thread for animated avatars.
    @gregrocker , here is your request.

Hope this will do...

Creating animated avatar is easy. Anyone can do it online for FREE. The only tricky part is creating the individual layers that will be stitched together to create the animated effect. The other tricky part is making sure that the file size complies with the forum requirement to make it work. For that, I use Photoshop.

Anyone who wants to ride the animated avatar bandwagon, just give me a shout. I will only work on your existing avatar so you have to upload your own avatar first and then I will take care of the rest.

Cheers!

:)

badrobot, Nov 8, 2014

2. Download adobe flash player available for nokia N8

To personalise your Avatar you will need to upload whatever image you want to a photo sharing web site or create a Dropbox account (my preference). Then, go to your profile on this site and click Edit my info. Then click the Avatars tab and select From the
    web. You will see a box labelled "Custom avatar URL". This is where you can paste the link to your Avatar from your photo sharing site.

You won't be able to use animated GIF's until you reach a certain rank but you can use JPG's.

Ray.

Ray Hipkiss, Nov 8, 2014
  3. N97 Amimated GIFs

You do realize that animated GIFs don't animate themselves right? The application opening the file has to "animate" it by rotating through the series of images or image differences.

The animated GIF file format was developed by CompuServe as an extension to their GIF format. It is backward compatible to GIF but is a different format by itself. So supporting GIF doesn't mean you have to support the animated extension.

Nokia supports GIF for Wallpapers, not animated GIF, that's why it only shows the first frame. Could be to conserve battery life, since performing the animation would require the processor to run and continuously update the screen.

mouserider---01, Nov 8, 2014
  4. badrobot Win User

badrobot, Nov 8, 2014
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    LOL, I like that. Thank you. *Smile

Brink, Nov 8, 2014
  6. badrobot Win User
    badrobot, Nov 8, 2014
  7. Charlie Win User
    Bad badrobot those are cool. I believe the admins eyes are whatching us!

Charlie, Nov 8, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

Thanks Charlie.

When I first saw your avatar, the first thing that came into my mind is a very old movie.
    Here's an old film rolling...

badrobot, Nov 8, 2014
  9. badrobot Win User
    I just find your avatar very interesting to play with @A Guy

badrobot, Nov 8, 2014
  10. Charlie Win User
    Thanks .

When I first saw your avatar, the first thing that came into my mind is a very old movie.
    Here's an old film rolling...

is Bogart's name in the movie *Cool

Charlie, Nov 8, 2014
  11. A Guy Win User
    Well, I appreciate that, but to me it's like putting a smile on the Mona Lisa *Biggrin I like it like it is *Wink

A Guy, Nov 8, 2014
  12. Stephanie Win User
    Great work badrobot *Thumbs

Stephanie, Nov 8, 2014
  13. badrobot Win User

Thanks @Stephanie .
    Just like A Guy, you don't have to use this avatar (below). I just want to challenge myself and see what can be done with anyone's avatar.. *Smile

badrobot, Nov 8, 2014
  14. Tony K Win User
    Just found this thread. Great idea for a great addition to the forum! Great work too, badrobot! *Thumbs

I have an animated one that I'll have to post.

Tony K, Nov 9, 2014
  15. Edwin New Member
    @ badrobot:

Think you could animate my 'activity wheel'?

Edwin, Nov 9, 2014
Thema:

1. Avatars (Animated gif) - Similar Threads - Avatars Animated gif

2. Microsoft GIF Animator crashes on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GIF Animator crashes on my PC: Good Day:I found this morning as I was creating an animated GIF, using Microsoft GIF animator, that all of a sudden it would just disappear! This was to my chagrin and horror, as I use it very frequently and have never had this problem occur before.I have the error log event...
  3. Microsoft GIF Animator crashes on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft GIF Animator crashes on my PC: Good Day:I found this morning as I was creating an animated GIF, using Microsoft GIF animator, that all of a sudden it would just disappear! This was to my chagrin and horror, as I use it very frequently and have never had this problem occur before.I have the error log event...
  4. Microsoft GIF Animator crashes on my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I have a beef about my GIF Avatar....

in Windows 10 Support
    I have a beef about my GIF Avatar....: I decide it was time for a change. So I created another GIF avatar. It's 90 X 90 at 185 KB. SO! The requirements are specific. "See Image" I can't get to 100 KB and being at 90 X 90 should work. The avatar is still, not live. So what do I need to do to get this to work? It...
  6. Animated Wallpaper or GIF wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Animated Wallpaper or GIF wallpaper: Does anyone know how to get some nice animated or gif wallpapers on windows 10 because I've seen some YouTubers have nice wallpapers and when I watch videos on how to get them and use the link they provide I am not able to do it Any help is grateful. submitted by /u/Atharvt...
  7. Set animated gif as lockscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set animated gif as lockscreen: Hi, today I discovered that you can change the windows startup sound, so I changed it to the sound of a car starting up. Now I want to set my lock screen to an animated gif of a car’s dashboard. How can I do so if possible? submitted by /u/Jammer313908 [link] [comments]...
  8. hta script to display animated GIFs in a folder and its subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    hta script to display animated GIFs in a folder and its subfolders: Dear Community, in the Windows 7 Forum I found a working hta script to display animated GIFs located in a folder: https://www.w7forums.com/threads/ani...xplorer.15080/ Here is the hta script: Code: <html><head><title>Animator</title></head> <body><script type="text/vbs">...
  9. With the latest Windows update ".gif" files are no longer animated

in Windows 10 Support
    With the latest Windows update ".gif" files are no longer animated: That's good *Thumbs You marked it 'resolved' a little earlier which is all you can do *Smile Threads are never closed because often others in a discussion wish to either continue among themselves, or perhaps new information comes to light.
  10. Animated GIF Support Comes to Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Animated GIF Support Comes to Mail app in Windows 10: In the 71st episode of The Email Design Podcast, Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez announce the support of animated GIFs in Windows 10 Mail, the resolution of image gaps bug in Outlook.com and Office 365, faking video in email with CSS animated sprites, and more....