Windows 10: AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation

Discus and support AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been using AVG Free Edition for a few years but the latest version gives me probs installing and when it is installed the GUI is different and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Baddog, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Baddog Win User

AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation

I've been using AVG Free Edition for a few years but the latest version gives me probs installing
    and when it is installed the GUI is different and stupid. My last installed version included Zen/Anti-virus
    but after uninstalling (wasn't an easy task) I can't even find a similar version or even this same version.
    So, the heck with this and I installed Avast Free and it works like a charm.
    Now I see Avast purchased AVG and keep both programs separate. But they haven't done that and I've
    seen some components of AVG used in Avast if it is a certain version.
    The only negative I see with my Avast is the high impact startup time but I can live with that.
    I used to be a very strong advocate for McAfee until it became like Norton and so bloated.
    This is mostly FYI so don't bust my balls for using free stuff as that is everything I have other than
    the Windows 10 program. Actually it was free also upgrading from W7 to W10 and its stable as a rock.
    *Thumbs

:)

Baddog, Apr 24, 2017

2. Have an error upgrading to Win 10, (error code 0x8007000d)

So should I install KB3212646 & KB3210131?

I uninstalled all my antivirus before I started the upgrade. It was Avast Free Antivirus 2017, AVG AntiVirus Free 2017. There was even some McAfee software. I don't remember what it was. No firewall.

The IE was uninstalled a long time ago.

There is Win 10 Upgrade Assistant installed.

There's also Google Talk Plugin installed too.

Mike_Lee_Mike, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Feature update to windows 10, version 1607

Malwarebytes is the free version, I thought id install it for added protection as I only had AVG Antivirus Free Edition

LeeBlackburn1975, Apr 24, 2017
  4. AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation

For the record, AVG bought Avast, not the other way around.
    I used to uncheck linkscanner from install, but I see, it is mandatory now.
    You should uncheck junk modules afterwards, like linkscanner and email scanner.
    If you try Avast, you should use Minimal Setup and then do those things afterwards:
    Code: Disable Cyber Capture & Reputation Services & Sharing Personal Info / Enable PUP, Hardened & Silent Mode / Set popups to 1 sec[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 24, 2017
  5. Baddog Win User
    Guess what I read is bogus? Avast buys AVG for $1.3 billion. But no matter as they are now one. *Cool

Baddog, Apr 25, 2017
  6. You are right, my bad, I have got them mixed up. *Redface

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation

1. AVG Free Edition 2017 Installation - Similar Threads - AVG Free Edition

2. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions: I always scan my computer with AVG every night, using a smart scan, but I have been noticing that files that it comes up with in "junk files" in the performance issues section of the scan has been going down. I'm worried that AVG is deleting important files, because my...
  3. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions: I always scan my computer with AVG every night, using a smart scan, but I have been noticing that files that it comes up with in "junk files" in the performance issues section of the scan has been going down. I'm worried that AVG is deleting important files, because my...
  4. AVG Anti-Virus Free Deletions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. AVG Free Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Free Problems: Hi all. Just upgraded to Edge and I've reinstalled all of my previous antivirus. All seem to be working well (Malwarebytes and Spybot) except for AVG Free. For some reason whenever I double click on the icon I get the blue spinning circle to show that it's "thinking about...
  6. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version: Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being...
  7. AVG Installation

AVG Installation: I needed to uninstall my AVG as it was not stable. Can you tell me how to reinstate, When I uninstalled my AVG I selected reinstall after finishing I tried & my laptop would not return AVG I am now asking if you can help please * Moved from Windows Essentials...
  8. Uninstalling AVG Free

Uninstalling AVG Free: This is causing big headache, as what ever I try I am meeting with error oxC0070643. Has anyone had a similar experience, and hoe did they solve it, please? I know I can go to their support, but before that I'd like to hear what others did. Sometimes it can be less tortuous....
  9. AVG 2015 Free Doesn't Work?

AVG 2015 Free Doesn't Work?: I read that AVG were bringing out updates, but when I upgraded to Windows 10, AVG no longer works or even loads up. Anyone got it working, or something? 12540
  10. Tip for those having trouble installing Free Avg

Tip for those having trouble installing Free Avg: Here is how I did it. I installed the chocolatey Package Manager I typed in the search cmd.exe then right Clicked on Command Prompt and choose run as administrator. Then installed Chocolatey Package Manager by following those instruction listed on the website....