Windows 10: AVG giving problem with win 10 desktop

Discus and support AVG giving problem with win 10 desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I installed licensed AVG antivirus 2016 on my Win 10 desktop. After few mins of installation many things stopped working on desktop like,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sshrma, Feb 19, 2017.

1. sshrma Win User

AVG giving problem with win 10 desktop

Hi,
    Recently I installed licensed AVG antivirus 2016 on my Win 10 desktop. After few mins of installation many things stopped working on desktop like, start button, Edge browser (open then crashes), Store (open then crashes),settings (open then crashes), volume control, notification area. Also, when my computer goes sleep & i try to wake it up by , I always get LoginUI.exe error & have to hard reboot. Once I uninstall AVG, everything starts working fine. I tried with
    shellexview to disable few extension but no luck. I installed same avg version on a win 10 laptop its working fine. Only issue is with desktop.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

:)

sshrma, Feb 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Feb 19, 2017
  3. whats going on Norton and windows defender in windows 10 is shut down.

I have a similar problem , saying both windows defender & avg anti virus are turned off , click report & click to turn on avg , still reports both off , go to security & maintainance & shows security that both win defender & avg turned off , no matter
    how many times click turn on avg warning message simply does not change ( win defender periodic scanning is turned on as an extra mark & updated @ regular times ) is this another win 10 spurious problems reporting a problem when there is'nt one .

philipgledhill, Feb 19, 2017
  4. AVG giving problem with win 10 desktop

TairikuOkami, Feb 19, 2017
Thema:

AVG giving problem with win 10 desktop

1. AVG giving problem with win 10 desktop - Similar Threads - AVG giving problem

2. Download to Desktop in Win 10 and Edge Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download to Desktop in Win 10 and Edge Problem: I've been downloading to my desktop for years. All has been going on well until a couple of days ago. I downloaded a file with A following the name, and it appeared on the desktop. Then I downloaded a second part of the file, using a B following the name. It's in the Desktop...
  3. Download to Desktop in Win 10 and Edge Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download to Desktop in Win 10 and Edge Problem: I've been downloading to my desktop for years. All has been going on well until a couple of days ago. I downloaded a file with A following the name, and it appeared on the desktop. Then I downloaded a second part of the file, using a B following the name. It's in the Desktop...
  4. A problem with win 10 Pro desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with win 10 Pro desktop: This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I am on my Sony backup laptop because I clicked on something in the in the notifications box on the right side of task bar to the right of the clock that has screwed up the Gateways desktop so bad that I...
  5. Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.: My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop. I recently had to reset the PC to restore Windows and I kept all personal files. The version was 2004 and build 19041.508 When the PC finished setting up I right click the desktop to change the large icons to small ones....
  6. avg free su win 10 pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    avg free su win 10 pro: hello, I installed avg free on 1/9/2019 and now it says it is updated but Windows security says it is not active. I have win 10 pro, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avg-free-su-win-10-pro/84de2267-07f1-4793-9d45-6ea924c5b608
  7. AVG Free Problems

AVG Free Problems: Hi all. Just upgraded to Edge and I've reinstalled all of my previous antivirus. All seem to be working well (Malwarebytes and Spybot) except for AVG Free. For some reason whenever I double click on the icon I get the blue spinning circle to show that it's "thinking about...
  8. Problems with AVG & Avast

Problems with AVG & Avast: I'm having problems with both AVG and Avast...Of course those are both the free ones. So I'm looking for a different antivirus that is free and doesn't conflict with other programs. I have malwarebytes installed but I don't feel secure enough with just that. I used Avast...
  9. Problem Removing Virus in AVG

Problem Removing Virus in AVG: My AVG scan indicated a infected file. I have attempted to resolve the issue but is is not removing it. It suggests that I move it to the virus chest. What will I have to do to move it to the virus chest? [Original Title: virus]...
  10. Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems: Hello everyone! I am having problems with the desktop wallpaper function. I want the slideshow to cycle through the many sub folders of the picture library at random. However, the old Win 7 feature to select all sub folders is missing. I researched this on the 'net and found...