Windows 10: AVG leftovers

Discus and support AVG leftovers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Motim, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

AVG leftovers

Hello,
    Almost two months since I uninstalled this AVG antivirus using their special removal tool, then searched for leftover files and deleted them manually, did the same in the registry.
    Recently while using CCleaner, noticed there is still an AVG leftover in the installed programs list, "Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributables".
    Is "Microsoft Visual C++" the same, then I can remove this AVG leftover ?
    Attached screenshot.
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 23, 2017

2. Is Windows Defender adequate? Should I renstall AVG?

Did you remove the leftovers of AVG from your computer?

Jsssssssss, Jul 23, 2017
  3. File Explorer Refreshes TaskBar

We appreciate the additional information. Since the issue still persists even after removing AVG, we recommend downloading a program from AVG that can help remove the AVG leftover components. You may need to contact AVG support for assistance on removing
    AVG completely.

Update us on the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

AVG leftovers

Hey Motim,
    Yes, you can uninstall the VS 2012 x86 from AVG. If you do find that another program you have installed needs the VS 2012 x86, then install the MS one ... Check this out for more explanation about Visual C++ Redistributables ... Why Are There So Many Installed on My PC?

Edit: I would NOT uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86

Eagle51, Jul 23, 2017
Thema:

AVG leftovers

1. AVG leftovers - Similar Threads - AVG leftovers

2. My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...: My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive I have plugged in to the E drive USB slot and the PC signals a sound that something has been plugged in. However, neither the file explorer nor disk management show any sign that something is in the E drive. Help?...
  3. My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...: My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive I have plugged in to the E drive USB slot and the PC signals a sound that something has been plugged in. However, neither the file explorer nor disk management show any sign that something is in the E drive. Help?...
  4. My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?: why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-windows-11-allow-me-to-download-my-avg/4978d7b3-aaf3-4cc3-9634-7062def99779
  6. why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?

why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?: why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-windows-11-allow-me-to-download-my-avg/4978d7b3-aaf3-4cc3-9634-7062def99779
  7. Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG: Hi guys This is my first time to post questions in it, If anything wrong please let me know and I will correct next time.My question is how to remove AVG from windows registry because it still somehow prevents windows security to work. I noticed that for name sake prevent...
  8. Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG

Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG: Hi guys This is my first time to post questions in it, If anything wrong please let me know and I will correct next time.My question is how to remove AVG from windows registry because it still somehow prevents windows security to work. I noticed that for name sake prevent...
  9. Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. un-installing AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    un-installing AVG: HelloThis AVG browser installed itself and I just find it every time I start my laptop. I can stop it appearing but I want to uninstall it. To do so it requires my admin password. However I forgot my password and tried the words I frequently use in vein. The uninstall window...