Windows 10: AVG says "Protection is disabled" when auto updates are turned off

Discus and support AVG says "Protection is disabled" when auto updates are turned off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just installed AVG today, which is owned by Avast (many of the same settings and the same engine), but there's something really annoying that I can't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rivre, May 31, 2018.

1. rivre Win User

AVG says "Protection is disabled" when auto updates are turned off

I just installed AVG today, which is owned by Avast (many of the same settings and the same engine), but there's something really annoying that I can't seem to solve. It insists that you set automatic virus definition updates to enabled. If you set it to manual, it insists on showing an exclamation point over the tray icon to alert me that there's an issue, and when I open the main window it says in large red letters "Protection is disabled" Except that's a lie, because it is still active - it's just mad that I set updates to manual. It says this even after I manually do an update.

I see no way to set it to not act like this. Am I missing something? If I have to constantly see an exclamation point on the icon and red letters trying to alert me every time I open the main window, this is coming right off my PC. I'm capable enough to do my own updates, and I don't need my antivirus software trying to mislead me to thinking there's something wrong when there isn't.

Is there a way to set it so that it doesn't say "Protection is disabled" when I set updates to manual? Very misleading to say protection is disabled when it isn't.

:)

rivre, May 31, 2018
Thema:

AVG says "Protection is disabled" when auto updates are turned off

1. AVG says "Protection is disabled" when auto updates are turned off - Similar Threads - AVG says Protection

2. My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on: This is my viewer event log.Faulting application name: LiveCaptions.exe, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0x7d88ba9cFaulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0xf5fc15a3Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007f61eFaulting...
  3. My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on: This is my viewer event log.Faulting application name: LiveCaptions.exe, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0x7d88ba9cFaulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0xf5fc15a3Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007f61eFaulting...
  4. Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.: I have a shop computer with Windows 10. It runs a CNC machine. I have disabled auto updates. The computer is connected to WiFi to facilitate moving files created in the office. Half way through a 10 hour job, I noticed at the CNC machine had stopped. The monitor on the...
  5. Virus threat protection auto turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus threat protection auto turning off: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j7wo3pMe6t2khVVr8uQHn52c1hhSbNdW?usp=sharingIT's safe link that can be opened for the proof of my problem pls help....
  6. Virus threat protection auto turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus threat protection auto turning off: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j7wo3pMe6t2khVVr8uQHn52c1hhSbNdW?usp=sharingIT's safe link that can be opened for the proof of my problem pls help....
  7. Virus threat protection auto turning off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  9. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  10. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avg protection is disabled