Windows 10: avg watchdog

Discus and support avg watchdog in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have the latest avg free I am usually quite careful not to let addons enter, I usually watch for all prechecked boxes Apparently I missed avg... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wood, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Wood Win User

avg watchdog

I have the latest avg free
    I am usually quite careful not to let addons enter, I usually watch for all prechecked boxes
    Apparently I missed avg watchdog
    Winpatrol is not even able to remove it
    Is there a way to remove it
    If I totally uninstall avg and put avast on my computer will watchdog go away
    I get no virus or Trojan or malware reports from avg or Malwarebytes or Microsoft malicious software removal tool
    I do not like any program or addon to a program on my computer that I do not want there even if it is a good program
    Also is there any hint that Microsoft will stop forcing updates, I always did mine manual after waiting a month for the
    good, bad, and ugly report

:)

Wood, Dec 8, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Starting Computer

This is caused by AVG AntiVirus, not Windows 10.

There is a setting to disable the Watchdog sub-component in AVG Anti-Virus

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Dec 8, 2015
  3. preidsail Win User
    Windows 10 update

I am having the same problems and cannot even open a usable screen. I have AVG and all I get is a screen showing something about AVG watchdog. I am truly upset about this as I have a lot of work to get done!

preidsail, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Wood Win User

avg watchdog

My post disappeared, I don't know if I violated a rule or what, I can find it using search but is not on main page
    I also received no answers which is rare on this site
    I have the latest avg free
    I am usually quite careful not to let addons enter, I usually watch for all prechecked boxes
    Apparently I missed avg watchdog
    Winpatrol is not even able to remove it
    Is there a way to remove it
    If I totally uninstall avg and put avast on my computer will watchdog go away
    I get no virus or Trojan or malware reports from avg or Malwarebytes or Microsoft malicious software removal tool
    I do not like any program or addon to a program on my computer that I do not want there even if it is a good program
    Also is there any hint that Microsoft will stop forcing updates, I always did mine manual after waiting a month for the
    good, bad, and ugly report

Wood, Dec 8, 2015
  5. Found this for you on unstalling it from your system.

How to disable this service.
    Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8/10)
    Copy command line and Paste.
    sc stop avgwatchdog
    sc config avgwatchdog start= disabled

How to delete this service.
    sc delete avgwatchdog

Done.!
    Close the command prompt.

Hope that helps

hTconeM9user, Dec 9, 2015
  6. I disabled AVG WatchDog Service today on my Windows 10 machine. I did this by booting my machine in Safe Mode and then followed this sequence: Start Page => Windows Administrative Services => Component Services => Services => AVG WatchDog. Then I changed the Startup Type setting from Automatic to Manual. Finally, I rebooted the machine normally and then repeated the above sequence to ensure AVG WatchDog would start manually only.

Orchardmark, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

avg watchdog

1. avg watchdog - Similar Threads - avg watchdog

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  4. My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...: My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive I have plugged in to the E drive USB slot and the PC signals a sound that something has been plugged in. However, neither the file explorer nor disk management show any sign that something is in the E drive. Help?...
  5. My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...

My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...: My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive I have plugged in to the E drive USB slot and the PC signals a sound that something has been plugged in. However, neither the file explorer nor disk management show any sign that something is in the E drive. Help?...
  6. My AVG security scan recognizes a flash drive but can't access...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?: why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-windows-11-allow-me-to-download-my-avg/4978d7b3-aaf3-4cc3-9634-7062def99779
  8. why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?

why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10?: why won't windows 11 allow me to download my avg anti virus program that i had on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-windows-11-allow-me-to-download-my-avg/4978d7b3-aaf3-4cc3-9634-7062def99779
  9. Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security has broken or disabled by AVG: Hi guys This is my first time to post questions in it, If anything wrong please let me know and I will correct next time.My question is how to remove AVG from windows registry because it still somehow prevents windows security to work. I noticed that for name sake prevent...
  10. AVG watchdog preventing computer from booting up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG watchdog preventing computer from booting up: Last night I noticed quite abruptly that many of my apps had stopped working and the computer in general was acting very slow. I restarted the computer, but after the inital Toshiba opening screen the computer went blank with a little spinning circle. After maybe a minute or...