Windows 10: AVI-files locked

Discus and support AVI-files locked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can't play my AVI-files. I am using the Pinnacle Studio program and the AVI-files are showed with a locker symbol. I get the following error message:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marc De Coninck, Aug 10, 2018.

1. AVI-files locked

Can't play my AVI-files.

I am using the Pinnacle Studio program and the AVI-files are showed with a locker symbol. I get the following error message: 0xc00d5212.

Can somebody help me.

:)

Marc De Coninck, Aug 10, 2018

2. Play an incomplete avi file?

divfix might be able to help, if not, and VLC and the other suggestions don't work it might just be impossible for your files. Are you sure they're avi files for example, check them out with g-spot. Sometimes funny people rename rar files to avi and such.

DanTheBanjoman, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    .AVI video files - unsupported

Hi,

The .AVI file format is listed as one of the supported video formats in Movies & TV. We need to gather more information for us know why you're unable to play .AVI video files using the Microsoft Movies & TV app. Please provide the answers to the questions
    below:

• Just to clarify, can you play other .AVI video files?
    • Does the error message also occur when playing your .AVI videos using Windows Media Player?
    • Aside from your .AVI files, can you still play other videos that has a different file format?
    • Have you accessed the Properties of your video files to see if they are set to .AVI file format?

It is possible that there is an issue with the settings of Movies & TV. This can be the reason why you're unable to play your .AVI files. We recommend running the
    Windows Store app troubleshooter. The troubleshooter usually resolved common Windows Store apps issues
    and it will also show you what is causing the error.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Aug 10, 2018
  4. AVI-files locked

File explorer freezes and Movie maker will not import .avi files

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

With respect to the issue related to File Explorer, I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it still freezes.

• Go to task manager. (To open press ctrl+alt+delete)
    • Click on Details, select explorer.exe
      and click End Task.
    • Go to file, located on the top left corner of task manager and select
      Run New Task
    • Type explorer.exe and click on OK.

With respect to the issue with Movie Maker, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Did you receive the .avi file or is it locally stored in your system?

I would suggest that you try to import the file to another software similar to Movie Maker so that we can know if the issue is with the file or the program itself. Also try to import another .avi file and check if you get the same error message

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

AVI-files locked

1. AVI-files locked - Similar Threads - AVI files locked

2. Media Player won't play avi files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  3. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  4. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  5. can't delete AVI file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't delete AVI file: I recently exported a few uncompressed AVI files from premiere pro and realised I couldn't properly play the, as a result, I tried to delete them with no success. I even used the command prompt to try to delete it and that won't work. there taking up lots of space on my hard...
  6. Unable to open an AVI file

Unable to open an AVI file: Any pointers will be welcome. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-an-avi-file/f7fdcd88-5075-4e75-81d6-3b23ac2d3817
  7. AVI files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVI files: How do I open an AVI file in Window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avi-files/317514da-dd91-4a1a-9685-12ace4d74f02
  8. Playing AVI files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing AVI files: I have AVI files taken on a trail camera but they won't play on Photos or Media Player. The play within the trail camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-avi-files/396c8a8f-f43f-49d8-84d3-e0ed15d305e5
  9. play avi files

play avi files: How do I play AVI files - file type is not an option under tools https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-avi-files/0f83aa78-8a2b-4fd1-bc57-f3ac7900412a"
  10. Windows 10 Will Not Play AVI Files

Windows 10 Will Not Play AVI Files: Just purchased a new HP Windows 10 laptop and finished transferring files from my old Windows 7 Asus. After the transfer I discovered that all video with MP4 and MOV extensions play correctly but the videos with AVI extensions do not play. The AVI files did play correctly...