Windows 10: AVI frame to still image?

Discus and support AVI frame to still image? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please, how do I go about converting an AVI frame to a still image easily? So far nothing seems simple.*Sad 104913 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chipwood, Feb 23, 2018.

1. chipwood Win User

AVI frame to still image?

Please, how do I go about converting an AVI frame to a still image easily? So far nothing seems simple.*Sad

:)

chipwood, Feb 23, 2018

2. Neither Media player or Mediabox will play my .avi videos

I have installed Mediabox and the extended support CODECs for the N900. However, it will still not play most of my videos off my streaming media server (the programs can see the files ok).

When I try to play them, I have sound, and sometimes I can see a ghost image frozen on the screen, but no video. They can play some low resolution ones 320x240.

The videos I am trying to play that wont are :

512 x 384, bitrate 1154 kbps, 23 frames/second Divx avi

576 x 432, bitrate 1057 Kbs, 23 Frames/second Divx avi

640 x 480, bitrate 1066 kbs, 23 frames/second Divx avi

624 x 352, bitrate 1109 kbs, 23 frames/second Xvid avi

any ideas why these are not supported or where i could get CODECs that will support them, they play fine on windows media player and quicktime and on my Ps3 ?

thanks

drandywright, Feb 23, 2018
  3. Videos prob

Arshi,

Just google for "Any video converter" and install it in your PC.

Use 800*480 video frame size/res.

Convert it into a mp4 or a avi format.

Cheers AVI frame to still image? ;)

virajxx3006, Feb 23, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

I use a free Open Source command line utility called FFmpeg FFmpeg for most of my video processing and editing.

One of its options is to convert a video into a sequence of individual images (it can also do the reverse, turn a sequence of images into a video). To extract half a second's worth of .png images from an AVI video starting at 5 minutes in, the command line would be:

ffmpeg -i input.avi -ss 300 -to 300.5 image%d.png

The %d is replace by a number, for a 25fps video this command will produce images named image1.png to image12.png

Note that if the video is widescreen (16:9) you may find the aspect ratio of the extracted needs adjusting because the pixels in the original video are not 'square' (they get stretched by the codec when you watch the video). FFmpeg has a 'scale' video filter (-vf) that can adjust for that. You may need to work out from the size of the video frame and the aspect ratio exactly what figures to use. As an example:

ffmpeg -i input.avi -ss 300 -to 300.5 -vf scale=1280:720 image%d.png

Working from a command line is fiddly, but FFmpeg is very powerful, so I find it's worth the effort.

5. bdogg Win User
    bdogg, Feb 23, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
    Most decent media players can save stills or screenshots.

PotPlayer

AVI frame to still image? [​IMG]

LightAlloy

Shotcut (video editor)

If you use WMP then I think you're stuck with snipping tool or PrintScreen options.

Callender, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. AVI frame to still image? - Similar Threads - AVI frame still

2. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  3. MP4s lose thumbnails, but gain icons; AVIs still have thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Support
    MP4s lose thumbnails, but gain icons; AVIs still have thumbnails.: Something happened to my HDD today causing MP4s to lose their thumbnails, but a clone that was made a few days ago, first shows generic icons for the default Player, then after a moment, they turn into thumbnails. I'd like to understand what is going on, and above all, how to...
  4. AVI files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVI files: How do I open an AVI file in Window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avi-files/317514da-dd91-4a1a-9685-12ace4d74f02
  5. Playing AVI files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing AVI files: I have AVI files taken on a trail camera but they won't play on Photos or Media Player. The play within the trail camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-avi-files/396c8a8f-f43f-49d8-84d3-e0ed15d305e5
  6. play avi files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    play avi files: How do I play AVI files - file type is not an option under tools https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-avi-files/0f83aa78-8a2b-4fd1-bc57-f3ac7900412a"
  7. Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen: hello can anyone help me? video: https://youtu.be/qC12lJ2GwBY it seems that the camera its not geting it but with the eye is very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-image-skiping-frames-while-in-fullscreen/21336ea4-e88e-43e8-98ba-a2a014d4b625
  8. AVI video playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVI video playback: Anyone else have any issues trying to playback video (*.avi files) from trail cams on Windows 10, I get like screen dividing into three sections and a green hue... [ATTACH]...
  9. Avi to Hdmi problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Avi to Hdmi problem: Ok so when i connect my dvi to hdmi i get no signal from my desktop but when i reboot using dvi to hdmi i get this is help to get me to keep my display with help alot thank you Dvi To Hdmi - YouTube 116503
  10. .AVI in Movie an TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .AVI in Movie an TV: Hi! Just a question: I can't play any .AVI , no problem with others. Thanks for your answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/avi-in-movie-an-tv/d96c6c86-31c7-4ec2-a1cb-b92ff245f890