Windows 10: .AVI in Movie an TV (RESOLVED)

Discus and support .AVI in Movie an TV (RESOLVED) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! Just a question: I can't play any .AVI , no problem with others. Thanks for your answer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by L. Diamond, Aug 18, 2018.

1. .AVI in Movie an TV (RESOLVED)

Hi! Just a question: I can't play any .AVI , no problem with others. Thanks for your answer.

:)

L. Diamond, Aug 18, 2018

2. Movies and TV App, No Video for .avi

Hi,

Is the issue specific to particular .Avi File or with all the converted .Avi File?

This issue may occur if file extension may be incorrect or the file may be corrupt.

Movies & TV app supports .AVI files.

I would suggest you to try playing .AVI file using Windows media player
    and check.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Movies and TV App, No Video for .avi

I am having the same problem (Converting GoPro files).

Files play fine as MP4 but when converted to AVI all I get is audio during playback in the movies & TV app.

The same AVI files play just fine if I right click them and play in windows media player, the problem is there is no option to cast from windows media player like there is from the Movies & TV app.

Seems like the problem lies with the app.

JoshStewart204, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

.AVI in Movie an TV (RESOLVED)

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

.AVI in Movie an TV (RESOLVED)

1. .AVI in Movie an TV (RESOLVED) - Similar Threads - AVI Movie RESOLVED

2. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  3. Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV: Hello, I have rented a few movies in the Microsoft Store on my PC, but I want to watch them on my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, is there any way I can watch the movies I bought on my phone? Is there a certain app I can download? I can't find the Movies and TV app...
  4. How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?: Can you suggest a way to play old AVI files. I have some restrictions so I need only native Windows 10 apps - for instance Movies & TV app. Thank you....
  5. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  6. Movies and TV UWP app will not play security cam AVI

Movies and TV UWP app will not play security cam AVI: Hello, We need a method to play old and sometimes uncategorized AVI files using native Windows 10 apps only. I know about VLC and publicly available "free" direct-show codec packs but our policies make them unacceptable. The player software shipped with the cameras is...
  7. Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV: How do I stop Movies & TV application from starting alone when I put it into Pause? I stopped auto play in the Microsoft Store settings and it stills plays around 10 seconds after I put it in Pause. Thanks...
  8. movies & TV

movies & TV: When I play a movie I get the sound but the window is solid green, I can't see the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv/451af57b-80ec-4dd0-8a40-9c47f2325f5f
  9. .AVI in Movie an TV

.AVI in Movie an TV: Hi! Just a question: I can't play any .AVI , no problem with others. Thanks for your answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/avi-in-movie-an-tv/d96c6c86-31c7-4ec2-a1cb-b92ff245f890
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617