Windows 10: .AVI in Movie an TV

Discus and support .AVI in Movie an TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! Just a question: I can't play any .AVI , no problem with others. Thanks for your answer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by L. Diamond, Aug 17, 2018.

1. .AVI in Movie an TV

Hi! Just a question: I can't play any .AVI , no problem with others. Thanks for your answer.

:)

L. Diamond, Aug 17, 2018

2. Movies and TV App, No Video for .avi

Hi,

Is the issue specific to particular .Avi File or with all the converted .Avi File?

This issue may occur if file extension may be incorrect or the file may be corrupt.

Movies & TV app supports .AVI files.

I would suggest you to try playing .AVI file using Windows media player
    and check.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Movies and TV App, No Video for .avi

I am having the same problem (Converting GoPro files).

Files play fine as MP4 but when converted to AVI all I get is audio during playback in the movies & TV app.

The same AVI files play just fine if I right click them and play in windows media player, the problem is there is no option to cast from windows media player like there is from the Movies & TV app.

Seems like the problem lies with the app.

JoshStewart204, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

.AVI in Movie an TV

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

.AVI in Movie an TV

1. .AVI in Movie an TV - Similar Threads - AVI Movie

2. Media Player won't play avi files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  3. Media Player won't play avi files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  4. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  5. .avi video files

.avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  6. cant run few .exe software ex- free download manager , movi avi video editor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cant run few .exe software ex- free download manager , movi avi video editor: 1.so there was a pdf file i have downloaded and then it could not be deleted from my desktop. somehow i found wise force delete software and then it got deleted.2. but now some software are not running as usual ex free download manager movavi video editor crackedwas that a...
  7. How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?: Can you suggest a way to play old AVI files. I have some restrictions so I need only native Windows 10 apps - for instance Movies & TV app. Thank you....
  8. Movies and TV UWP app will not play security cam AVI

Movies and TV UWP app will not play security cam AVI: Hello, We need a method to play old and sometimes uncategorized AVI files using native Windows 10 apps only. I know about VLC and publicly available "free" direct-show codec packs but our policies make them unacceptable. The player software shipped with the cameras is...
  9. Windows Media Player and Movie Maker crash on AVI files

Windows Media Player and Movie Maker crash on AVI files: Hi guys, I have an issue with Windows Media Player (again). I am using Windows 10 64 bit with all updates installed and I am using the 64 bit version of Media Player. I have a number of AVI files, which I have recorded. According to ffmpeg, the AVI container contains the...
  10. .AVI in Movie an TV (RESOLVED)

.AVI in Movie an TV (RESOLVED): Hi! Just a question: I can't play any .AVI , no problem with others. Thanks for your answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/avi-in-movie-an-tv-resolved/d96c6c86-31c7-4ec2-a1cb-b92ff245f890