Windows 10: Avira for Windows 10?

Discus and support Avira for Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After reading this, I decided to use Avira for Windows 10: Test antivirus software for Windows 8 - June 2015 | AV-TEST Anyone had any bad... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Yeremyah Win User

Avira for Windows 10?

Yeremyah, Oct 17, 2015
  2. Robbo9999 Win User

Slow startup after Windows 10 Threshold 2 update

Hi Slivver, I have the exact same problem 30sec hanging on the Welcome screen after entering password (started after the last Windows Update). Do you use Avira Antivirus? I found out that there was some kind of a 'conflict' between Avira & the new Windows
    update - uninstalling Avira returned boot speeds to normal. I've reported this to Avira, and they have a bug report from me.

Robbo9999, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Avira antivirus pro doesn`t turn on since I have Windows 10

You do not need Avira since you have Windows Defender, but you can use any 3rd party antivirus that supports Windows 10.

If your install of Avira fails to work, you should contact Avira for assistance.

Official Avira Support - Knowledgebase & Customer Support

-steve

Stephen Boots, Oct 17, 2015
  4. azasadny Win User

Avira for Windows 10?

It's not very good, don't trust every review out there... AVG, Avast and Avira are garbage... Use Defender (free with Win10) and Malwarebytes Premium and you're all set, Good luck!

azasadny, Oct 18, 2015
  5. I wouldn't be in any rush to condemn AVG or push Malwarebytes since Norton's Internet Security and VIPRE Internet Security 2015 soon 2016 both offer working firewall and web filtering features. Avast like McAFail on the other hand is low end garbage to avoid. I ran McAFail as one of the first av programs and moved soon to AVG for a good period of time until advised about VIPRE which presently seems to be the top of the line put out now by GFI who bought out Sunbelt previously known for their firewall softwares.

Windows Defender doesn't actually do much of anything and is immediately disabled once any av program goes on. Web filtering that blocks our suspicious coded sites and not clicking on things is what will do the most to prevent bugs from getting on. I call VIPRE the over protective nanny here since I have to shut it down often enough to find a site lacks any malwares but due to some coding raises flags with the av software here.

Some time back before giving VIPRE a try I remember taking a look at Avira along with some others which included Avast and ended up dumping all of them! and sticking with AVG until that was replaced. Malwarebytes came nowhere near to what I was finding when giving VIPRE the 30 day free trial a go! http://www.softexia.com/anti-virus/i...rnet-security/

The 2016 version is now available as well as seeing top ratings. VIPRE Internet Security 2016 Review & Comparison

PCMag did a review on the 2015 version. ThreatTrack Vipre Internet Security 2015 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Night Hawk, Oct 19, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Everyone has their opinion. I happen to like Avast! very much, and stay away from AVG. However, if you're willing to pay, I might suggest using Defender with Malwarebytes premium. That seems to be a good combination.

simrick, Oct 21, 2015
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    For some weird reason I really dislike the need for registering AVAST. I am also pretty satisfied with WD so far.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 21, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

Avira for Windows 10?

Yeah, it's a small annoyance, but I understand why they do it.

AVG are planning to capture your browsing info and use it to make money, so I'd steer clear of them.

simrick, Oct 21, 2015
  9. I was referred to VIPRE 5yrs. ago by a mechanical engineer who has also done work for MS at times when getting into discussions with a Symantec security analyst and gave the 30 day trial a go. With VIPRE on you don't need anything else but common sense for the most part not to be clicking on the wrong things like fake wares trying to get you to pay for a fake program or flagging new freewares you might download with an option for a Yahoo or Google toolbar you don't want! Addon toolbars tend to leave browsers more vulnerable to exploits.

Night Hawk, Oct 21, 2015
  10. dencal Win User
    Having been hijacked using your above recommended AV suggestions + Mbam anti-exploit on EDGE, I think it irresponsible to call your above stated AV packages as garbage, especially as I have been using one or the other for at least thirty years without being infected.
    I am using Avira at the present time as I do not trust Defender, once bitten twice shy.

dencal, Oct 21, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree, AVG and Avast are good AV tools. I like AVG the most.

BunnyJ, Oct 21, 2015
  12. I never trusted Malware bota mites for anything having tried that one and found it ineffective. I ran with AVG for many moons however while the average av program still lacks the instant recognition of malwares slipped inside downloads as well as adbots until running a scan after something is already on! I found AVast to be worse off then AVG and Symantec System Works proceeding AVG on Legacy much improved over McAFailure guaranteed! But it was too big when it came time for find something for XP later.

The AVG Free was the best of the lot for the free versions while far from the best for paid av products. Kaspersky and BitDefender hold some better reviews while so far to date if not running VIPRE I would be looking at the Norton Internet Security option since that also offers what straight av program typically lack being firewall and web filtering type protections!

When I mentioned earlier about going to open a folder where a download went the firewall was kicking in without a ton of user prompts but the alert on a trojan found. Those would turn out to be Yahoo or Google toolbar options being blocked.

While no software is even 100% picking one that offers multiple layers of protection is the best move. Firewall protection with options note not lacking options along with web filtering will tend to keep more garbage off then the need to see more removed to begin with!

Since we are on the topic of comparisons made between av programs I thought it was time to add in what you would likely run into at a review site. 2016 Internet Security Software Reviews & Comparisons

The first page shows Vipre Internet Security at 96% while the second page showing the regular Vipre av without firewall and web filtering features at 95% being a 1% difference while in fact the firewall and web filtering actually do much more then reviews will ever reveal in preventing malwares from getting on in the first place. Top 10 PC Antivirus Software Comparison | PC Antivirus Reviews

The one thing you will find with any of the newer updated softwares is the ability to run quietly in the background for those times when a scheduled to run scan won't cause havoc for pc gaming as one of the main gripes heard over the years! Yet the av program may tag an old title's exe file as soon as you go to play some old game! I run into the need to keep adding the sof.exe file for Soldier of Fortune II often enough while that requires the cd in the drive it's still placed in quarantine at times from the folder the installer created for the game locally on the drive.

Night Hawk, Oct 21, 2015
  13. RolandJS Win User

Avira for Windows 10?

I use both Avast and Avira Anti-Virus; along with MBAM/MBAE, and some other goodies.
    Like asking about Chevy, Ford, Toyota, KIA, etc. -- what kind of "look and feel" and overall operations is pretty much personal preferences. AV/AM ratings are like horse races, #1 #2 #3 positions will differ as time passes.

RolandJS, Oct 25, 2015
  14. And if you need that many programs none are as effective as other single software options available that offer better protections! When they say "multiple layers" that doesn't mean you are required to run multiple programs! What that refers to is how effective is what you are running along with following the "Common Sense" approach to things!

The best software protections seen now are full featured Internet Security type suits several av software companies offer. Different review sites will of course offer different end results depending on which programs are being compared. Web filitering comes into play the most since no matter which search engine you prefer you can still get nailed with some type of malware or virus if not having safeguards in place such as web filters which tend to block out suspect sites as well as flag suspicious coding on any downloads! A working and effective firewall also helps when downloads like utility apps have unwanted extras being flagged and quarantines by an effective av software!

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Avira for Windows 10?

1. Avira for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Avira

2. If your Windows PC freezes, Avira security software may be the culprit

in Windows 10 News
    If your Windows PC freezes, Avira security software may be the culprit: A recent update for Avira antivirus software for Windows seems to have a negative impact on system stabilization for some users. For a couple of days, Avira users have reported issues with the antivirus software on their Windows machines. Most users report freezes on...
  3. I've been trying to update Windows 10 version 22H2 and I keep on getting this message Avira...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been trying to update Windows 10 version 22H2 and I keep on getting this message Avira...: I've tried searching for this software on my pc and I can't find it. How do I fix this issue.ThanksDeborah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-trying-to-update-windows-10-version-22h2/b831004c-ef68-404b-8028-b55652a7ff36
  4. I've been trying to update Windows 10 version 22H2 and I keep on getting this message Avira...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been trying to update Windows 10 version 22H2 and I keep on getting this message Avira...: I've tried searching for this software on my pc and I can't find it. How do I fix this issue.ThanksDeborah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-trying-to-update-windows-10-version-22h2/b831004c-ef68-404b-8028-b55652a7ff36
  5. I've been trying to update Windows 10 version 22H2 and I keep on getting this message Avira...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How to completely remove Avira software, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove Avira software, please?: Avira software was installed on my pc with Windows 10, it started to interfere with Windows many features, now I managed to uninstall it but all its file are still there in my C:\Program Files x86, need to delete its files but can not. it runs when Windows run as I can see...
  7. How to completely remove Avira software, please?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to completely remove Avira software, please?: Avira software was installed on my pc with Windows 10, it started to interfere with Windows many features, now I managed to uninstall it but all its file are still there in my C:\Program Files x86, need to delete its files but can not. it runs when Windows run as I can see...
  8. How to completely remove Avira software, please?

9. How to remove/delete all files of avira anti-virus itself and it's program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove/delete all files of avira anti-virus itself and it's program: Hello,I accidently installed the anti-virus program named ''avira security''. Now how can i delete it fully from my PC. Also i have tried to delete it from these ways:1. Tried to removing it from ''settings'' page of windows.2. Tried to removing it from control panel3. Tried...
  10. How to remove/delete all files of avira anti-virus itself and it's program

How to remove/delete all files of avira anti-virus itself and it's program: Hello,I accidently installed the anti-virus program named ''avira security''. Now how can i delete it fully from my PC. Also i have tried to delete it from these ways:1. Tried to removing it from ''settings'' page of windows.2. Tried to removing it from control panel3. Tried...