Windows 10: Avira icon on system tray not showing

Discus and support Avira icon on system tray not showing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a laptop with win 10 pro installed. And after about 4 days not using it now the tray icon of avira is missing. But when check on task manager... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ARNaja, Oct 9, 2016.

1. ARNaja Win User

Avira icon on system tray not showing

I have a laptop with win 10 pro installed. And after about 4 days not using it now the tray icon of avira is missing. But when check on task manager the avira is still working and when i search "avira" and click it the avira windows showed up and the feature there like "update" is still working. Please help.

:)

ARNaja, Oct 9, 2016

2. System Tray

I downloaded Avira anti-virus. An icon was placed on the screen and in the system tray. By removing the program ( app ) the icon was removed from the screen but not from the system tray. I want to remove ( NOT HIDE ) the icon from the system tray.

RileyHutcheson, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Windows icon not showing in system tray, can I still reserve my copy of Windows 10?

Original Title: Windows 10 Icone

I have windows 7 but the Windows icon is not in my tray. Can I still reserve my copy of Windows 10?

MalcolmMaxwell, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Did you check the hidden icons on the Notification Area? Usually a small up arrow on the left end of the Notification Area that allows seeing more. And if you right-click the Taskbar and go to Settings you can wade through several changes you can make as to which icons are shown or not.

Berton, Oct 9, 2016
  5. Stephanie Win User
    Hi ARNaja

Go > Start Button / Settings / Personalization / Taskbar / Select which icons appear on the taskbar / - is Avria on ?

Avira icon on system tray not showing [​IMG]

Stephanie, Oct 9, 2016
  6. ARNaja Win User
    Hello berton, thanks for your rep. I do bro. But not there.

ARNaja, Oct 10, 2016
  7. ARNaja Win User
    Hello stephanie, thanks for your rep. I've checked it there and it's off. So i switch it on like you've said but nothing happen. And although my default settings (i never changed or even look at it) for intel HD Graphics, NVIDIA, IDM, Asus Smart Gesture, local Indonesian antivirus, And an usb charger plus from asus are "off" they still shown in the tray. What could possibly wrong here?

ARNaja, Oct 10, 2016
  8. Avira icon on system tray not showing

cottonball, Oct 13, 2016
  9. antonAv Win User
    Hi ARNaja,

I use a desktop PC, and I am facing exactly the same problem, since about the same day.
    Avira is working, but it isn't showing in system tray.
    I' ve tried all the proposed therapies and nothing works.

I've checked the compatibility issues and the answer was: not compatible program (in greek: "Μη συμβατό πρόγραμμα"). When I move the cursor on it, it explains: Avira.Systray application is not compatible (in greek: "Η εφαρμογή Avira.Systray δεν είναι συμβατή").
    So, my conclusion is that one of the recent Windows 10 updates changed something and now Avira.Systray is not compatible with Windows 10. I am affraid that we have to wait until Avira makes the necessary changes to its program and fixes the issue.

antonAv, Oct 17, 2016
  10. p060477 Win User
    how do you checked it..??
    anyway i've the exact same problem..
    up to now not solved yet..
    for you now has it been fixed..??

p060477, Oct 19, 2016
  11. jack88 Win User
    Hi guys

I have the same problem, I reinstall several times but the problem continues

I have two computers one with Windows 10 and another with windows 7, with both is the same, I do not think that is the problem of Windows 10

Any solution?

jack88, Oct 19, 2016
  12. antonAv Win User
    Hi p060477,

it's a little difficult for me to explain how I have checked. My English knowledge is elementary and my Windows 10 language is greek, so I am just trying to translate the terminology myself.

By the way, I can't even open the Avira program on screen.

So, I went on the Working Surfice of my PC, fount the Avira square, put the mouse on it and right clicked. Then I went to "Facing compatibility issues" (or something like that in English --in greek: Αντιμετώπιση προβλημάτων συμβατότητας). I clicked on it and tried various things that I can't reproduce now (they were too many) and finaly I have got the "not compatible program" message. When I have put the mouse on that phrase, it wrote "Avira.Systray application is not compatible".

Anyway,the problem has not been fixed yet.

A few minutes ago, I have reported the problem to Avira by email and asked for help (because I have payed for the Internet Security Suite). I have also sent them the link to this page of the forum, to show them that I am not the only one having the issue.

When I have a good answer, I'll let you know.

antonAv, Oct 19, 2016
  13. Avira icon on system tray not showing

All you folks that have the same problem, please try the following:

On your keyboard press the Windows button and R simultaneously.
    In the Open area of Run, type: MSConfig
    Click: OK

When the System Configuration window opens, click on: StartUp
    Now click: Open Task Manager
    In Task Manager, find the entry: Avira SystrayStartTrigger
    Click: Disable

Restart your computer.

Is the Avira Icon visible in the system tray?

cottonball, Oct 20, 2016
  14. p060477 Win User
    not solved anything at all..

for antonAv: how do you have the avira's email..??..i've the free ed and i do not have it..
    and so many times ago there was a good avira forum but now is very very poor with no replies from admin or avira mod or tech...
    what a pity
    what a shame
    *Sad

p060477, Oct 20, 2016
  15. antonAv Win User
    Hi everybody,

GOOD NEWS.

I have got the following answer from Avira Support (I am hiding my name, the name of the one who answered and my Activation Code):

Dear Mr. Av......,

My name is D..... and I am writing from Avira Service Excellence Center. I
    will be your technician regarding this issue.

Since we recently had major mandatory updates for the Launcher, I suggest a
    re-install.

Please use this link to download and open once complete:

https://package.avira.com/package/oeavira/win/int/avira_en_avprodl_3002827605__wsd.exe

<https://package.avira.com/package/oeavira/win/int/avira_en_avprodl_3002827605__wsd.exe

>

Once the initial red installation screen disappears, the Launcher should
    reappear in the System Tray.

The Antivirus should normally get re-synced after this as well, so if it will
    revert to the initial free version, just follow these steps then:

? Open the antivirus

? Click on the Help tab at the top of the window

? Select License Management

? Inset there your activation code: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Let me know how everything worked out.

Best regards,

D.....

Well, everything worked OK.
    Only that, as he had told me, the Activation of my licence was lost and I had to do it again, reentering my Activation Code, which I have done, and now everything is back to normal.
    Have a nice day,

Greece.

antonAv, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Avira icon on system tray not showing - Similar Threads - Avira icon system

2. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  3. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build 22H2 22621.900.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps in the "Other system tray icons" area and add more apps to be always displayed, not all the icons show in the...
  4. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  5. Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not All Icons Showing In The System Tray??: Hi everyone,I am having a problem with the system tray. I am running Windows 11 latest build.Basically, if I go into taskbar settings and toggle apps on the overflow settings, not all the icons show in the tray. One of them disappears.I hope I have described this...
  6. System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles: Windows 10 Home, my system tray icons are wonky. Some will go missing on me, not visible at all, not even in the "Show hidden icons" flyout. For example, right now my Network icon is flat out missing. If I go into the notification area tray and toggle it off, my volume icon...
  7. OneDrive icon not showing up in system tray........

OneDrive icon not showing up in system tray........: Good afternoon, My onedrive icon isn't showing in the system tray by the clock on the task bar. Also, some files have been trying to sync for days and i get some error messages when i try to open files and it states that that file can't be viewed but it is the correct...
  8. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. [ATTACH] (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) [ATTACH] Additionally, at the network and internet section of my settings page,...
  9. Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi icon not showing up in systems tray: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.608 Hi, my wifi icon is not showing up in my systems tray. https://i.imgur.com/iA9thDM.png (It's not even in the expanded menu, and I have show network icon turned on.) https://i.imgur.com/ofmLdHr.png Additionally, at the network...
  10. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avira tray icon missing

2. avira tray icon missing windows 10

3. avira icon disappeared windows 10

4. avira windows 10 not in system tray,
  5. avira tray icon missing windows 7,
  6. avira icon missing from tray