Windows 10: Avira removal

Discus and support Avira removal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to remove Avira from one of my laptops. I have Googled and something called Luke Filewalker, which is the Avira scanner sometimes does not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by milford, Mar 20, 2016.

1. milford Win User

Avira removal

I need to remove Avira from one of my laptops. I have Googled and something called Luke Filewalker, which is the Avira scanner sometimes does not remove itself. If anyone has any experience with Avira removal, please let me know. Unless I have to boot into Safe mode and do a manual uninstall my options are Windows-Programs-Uninstall Avira, or I have Revo Uninstaller, if that would work better.

:)

milford, Mar 20, 2016

2. Remove Avira

How and when do I turn on Defender real-time protection after uninstalling Avira?

JimMathewson, Mar 20, 2016
  3. Remove Avira

Jim,

Go to Security and Maintenance, Look in Security and see what program is listed under Virus Protection.

In the search box enter security and maintenance then select Security and Maintenance.

Windows Defender will not launch if there is a 3rd party registered.

`~`

Also, verify that you have removed all other rəal-time anti-malware products that were
    ever installed on your PC, including free/trial product that were installed when the PC was purchased.

Then, use the cləanup tools here:

(<<Avast>> - <<AVG>>
    - <<Avira>> - <<Bitdefender>>
    - <<ESET>>
    - <<F-Secure>>
    - <<Kaspersky>> - <<McAfee>>
    - <<Microsoft Security Essentials>> - <<Norton>>
    - <<Panda>>
    - <<Trend Micro>>)

Restart after you run their removal tool, whether prompted to do so or not. REBOOT

Uninstall the Avira application AND THEN download run the Avira Consumer Products Rəmoval Tool

This document explains how to remove / reinstall Avira Consumer products using the Avira Consumer Products Removal tool.

Run their removal tool, found here:

<<Avira>>

Add or Remove doesn't get rid of everything Avira, and it's possible that left-behind-entries mucking up your system.

This option should only be used after you remove your Avira product through Add/Remove Programs.

Restart after you run their removal tool, whether prompted to do so or not. REBOOT

`~`

Configure Windows Defender in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 <<https://www.winhelp.us/configure-windows-defender-in-windows-8.html>>

If it has the same error message, we suggest that you visit this <<link>>
    for more information and fixes, this is an article crəated by a regular contributor here: regarding problems on starting Windows Defender.

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Avira removal

dalchina, Mar 20, 2016
  5. hTconeM9user, Mar 20, 2016
  6. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, Mar 20, 2016
  7. Agree with you 100%
    Cannot rush these uninstallers otherwise will leave traces behind and you end up taking twice as long

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Avira removal

1. Avira removal - Similar Threads - Avira removal

2. How to completely remove Avira software, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove Avira software, please?: Avira software was installed on my pc with Windows 10, it started to interfere with Windows many features, now I managed to uninstall it but all its file are still there in my C:\Program Files x86, need to delete its files but can not. it runs when Windows run as I can see...
  3. How to completely remove Avira software, please?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to completely remove Avira software, please?: Avira software was installed on my pc with Windows 10, it started to interfere with Windows many features, now I managed to uninstall it but all its file are still there in my C:\Program Files x86, need to delete its files but can not. it runs when Windows run as I can see...
  4. How to completely remove Avira software, please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove/delete all files of avira anti-virus itself and it's program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove/delete all files of avira anti-virus itself and it's program: Hello,I accidently installed the anti-virus program named ''avira security''. Now how can i delete it fully from my PC. Also i have tried to delete it from these ways:1. Tried to removing it from ''settings'' page of windows.2. Tried to removing it from control panel3. Tried...
  6. How to remove/delete all files of avira anti-virus itself and it's program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove/delete all files of avira anti-virus itself and it's program: Hello,I accidently installed the anti-virus program named ''avira security''. Now how can i delete it fully from my PC. Also i have tried to delete it from these ways:1. Tried to removing it from ''settings'' page of windows.2. Tried to removing it from control panel3. Tried...
  7. How to remove/delete all files of avira anti-virus itself and it's program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. cannot remove Avira Antivir because it is not listed in programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot remove Avira Antivir because it is not listed in programs: how can I remove Avira Antivir so I can update Windows 10 to 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-avira-antivir-because-it-is-not/a992c3c4-b0e8-4879-8330-d8fadb381f6c
  9. I cannot remove avira antivirus after many attempts

I cannot remove avira antivirus after many attempts: Hi, I had tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to window 10 1903 version with the issue: manually uninstall avira antivirus. Upon a Marcus D's advise to download the avira cleaner.exe and 'clean' it in Safe Mode, and removed the extension from Chrome, I'm still unable to to...
  10. need to remove avira antivirus completely

need to remove avira antivirus completely: Windows 10 will not update. Says remove Avira Antivirus. It's not totally removed I guess. Need help please. JeffOwens2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-remove-avira-antivirus-completely/4d72f9cb-e983-4ae0-85d5-476283c15530