Windows 10: Avira Ubuntu scan confused Security Center

Discus and support Avira Ubuntu scan confused Security Center in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Win10Pro and use Windows Defender. I just ran the Avira Ubuntu-based bootable scan as a safety measure and it claims to have found and fixed a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SunnyBob, Feb 23, 2018.

1. SunnyBob Win User

Avira Ubuntu scan confused Security Center

I have Win10Pro and use Windows Defender. I just ran the Avira Ubuntu-based bootable scan as a safety measure and it claims to have found and fixed a bunch of baddies (TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3 and TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen).

After rebooting to Windows, I get notification that the security center is not enabled and a request saying click here to enable. Yet the control-panel security tools shows everything good.

Everytime I reboot, it's the same thing: I get a notification saying click to start security.

Is this real or bogus? How can I be sure?
    If real, how should I restore defender to auto-start?
    If bogus, how can I fix this?

Thank you for your help.

Sunny Bob

:)

SunnyBob, Feb 23, 2018
  2. Gnu-Order Win User

Windows 10 sticks on boot with usb dongle plugged in.

1: 5 years ago

2: Norton security scan installed 2/20/11. Norton Backup installed 4/11/12. McAfee security scan plus was installed 6/1/14

3: No Norton or McAfee removal tool

4: McAfee, IOBit, Avira and Windows defender.

5: Antivir is not currently installed. It was installed 8/6/13. Many of the files still seem to be there.

6: Windows 10 1607 build 14393.1715

I was confused about 1703. That was the version it was failing to update to because of the partitioning which is why I had to repartition it to gpt.

Gnu-Order, Feb 23, 2018
  3. K Liu Win User
    can't turn on periodic scanning

I just installed the windows 10 fall creators update today and learned about the new feature "periodic scanning", so I am trying to turn it on and get an extract layer of protection for my PC. However, when I am trying to turn it on and close and "Windows
    Defender Security Center" window and reopen "Windows Defender Security Center" and check, the "periodic scanning" will go back to the off status. I am using 64bit Windows 10 with Malwarebeytes and free Avira Antivirus installed and Windows' Real-time protection(Windows
    Defender) turned off.

Avira Ubuntu scan confused Security Center [​IMG]

K Liu, Feb 23, 2018
Thema:

Avira Ubuntu scan confused Security Center

1. Avira Ubuntu scan confused Security Center - Similar Threads - Avira Ubuntu scan

2. MSERT scan results confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT scan results confusing: While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted...
  3. MSERT scan results confusing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSERT scan results confusing: While running the MSERT software, which took a little over an hour to complete a full scan, it indicated that 2 files were "infected." However, when the scan completed, it stated that the scan was completed successfully, and that no viruses, spyware, or other unwanted...
  4. MSERT scan results confusing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Confusing Security Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusing Security Settings: Device Security it shows Standard hardware not supported, but Core Isolation is engaged, secure boot is engaged, but intermittently it will also show enhanced, what's going on? My TPM is engaged in BIOS, I'm confused! IEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on...
  6. Confusing Security Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing Security Settings: Device Security it shows Standard hardware not supported, but Core Isolation is engaged, secure boot is engaged, but intermittently it will also show enhanced, what's going on? My TPM is engaged in BIOS, I'm confused! IEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on...
  7. avira

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    avira: does anyone else have this " avira" on there computer? I dont know what it is doing but its messing up my laptop! and my screen does all kinds of weird stuff the screen ha a mind of its own.i dont know if its an update or if someone is on my laptop.can someone please help...
  8. Windows 10 Security Center Windows Defender Scans

Windows 10 Security Center Windows Defender Scans: Have regularly scanned my PC after surfing and searches. The number of files scanned has been in the 45K to 47K recently the scanned files are dropping dramatically i.e. 9811 9810 9836 and 9659 My concern is why are there fewer and fewer files being scanned? Is it a symptom...
  9. Confused abot Avira antivurus Prime

Confused abot Avira antivurus Prime: Decided to browse around for different antivirus programs. I noticed ESET got the antivirus and Firewall built into it's program. Avira Prime got a 3-month free trial so I done some digging. Avira Prime claims to have a firewall protection but according to reviews, when you...
  10. Avira free Security Suite

Avira free Security Suite: Avira Free Security Suite 2017 complete with optional VPN protection. 67639