Windows 10: Awful sound after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Awful sound after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Helloo. So yesterday my PC updated to a new Windows 10 update and the sound quality is awful. It has messed up my EQ that I had set with Fx Sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyle, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Kyle Win User

Awful sound after Windows 10 Update

Helloo.

So yesterday my PC updated to a new Windows 10 update and the sound quality is awful. It has messed up my EQ that I had set with Fx Sound Enhancer as I have a car subwoofer hooked up to an RCA splitter to my HiFi system AUX cable that connects into the GREEN jack-connector at the back of my PC. My sound card enhances the bass response of my sub as well, and because of the update it has messed with the EQ and as a result has messed up the bass response equalization settings for my sub.

Has anyone had any kind of sound issue with Windows 10 update "July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165)"? There have been a few noticeable new features and updates to the OS, however. Some of these include visual changes.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Awful sound after Windows 10 Update :p

cadaveca, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Awful sound after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Awful sound Update

2. Mouse Sensitivity is awful after KB5019980 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Sensitivity is awful after KB5019980 update: I'm using Windows 11 with a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, on two computers, after the latest update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5019980, the mouse click is awful. Has anyone else with an MS Bluetooth mouse noticed...
  3. Mouse Sensitivity is awful after KB5019980 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Sensitivity is awful after KB5019980 update: I'm using Windows 11 with a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, on two computers, after the latest update 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5019980, the mouse click is awful. Has anyone else with an MS Bluetooth mouse noticed...
  4. Awful and Braindead windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Awful and Braindead windows 10 update: Just got on my computer today and I saw the update Ive been putting off for weeks now finally decided to update itself... also realized that for some reason my audio jack is now not detecting any audio. Great job microsoft, you managed to produce an update that actually...
  5. There is no sound in Windows 10 after the update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There is no sound in Windows 10 after the update: The sound on my computer stopped working right after a Windows 10 update. I tried to verify the cables and settings. The computer says that the sound card and the Realtek controller work fine. Can you help...
  6. Awful and Braindead windows 10 update

Awful and Braindead windows 10 update: Just got on my computer today and I saw the update Ive been putting off for weeks now finally decided to update itself... also realized that for some reason my audio jack is now not detecting any audio. Great job microsoft, you managed to produce an update that actually...
  7. No sound in Windows 10 after update

No sound in Windows 10 after update: The sound on my computer stopped working right after a Windows 10 update. I have tried checking cords, settings, uninstalling & reinstalling driver, plugging cord into both slots on card. The computer says the Realtek sound card and driver are working fine. Can you help?...
  8. no sound after windows 10 update

no sound after windows 10 update: i updated my windows 10 today and my sound is gone. I followed the instructions on the no sound fix page and uninstalled my sound device and my pc did not reinstall it. What do I do now?...
  9. Windows 10 is awful

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is awful: Dear community, Please tell me why we put up with this sub-par operation system. I've just recently received a massive update - that shut my computer down while I was working, mind you - and now my PC cannot open a new folder, will white out a window if I so much as click...
  10. Awful sound after Windows 10 Update

Awful sound after Windows 10 Update: Helloo. So yesterday my PC updated to a new Windows 10 update and the sound quality is awful. It has messed up my EQ that I had set with Fx Sound Enhancer as I have a car subwoofer hooked up to an RCA splitter to my HiFi system AUX cable that connects into the GREEN...