Windows 10: B(lack)SOD

Discus and support B(lack)SOD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, I will try to be as concise as I possibly can! I've been running windows 10 for a few months now with no problems. A couple of days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Scercules, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Scercules Win User

B(lack)SOD

Hi guys, I will try to be as concise as I possibly can!

I've been running windows 10 for a few months now with no problems. A couple of days ago I've had the BSOD.

I didn't download or update anything (although I can't say if any changes were made in the background)

When I boot the pc the screen is fine until AFTER I log in. It's only when I get to where my desktop should be, just a black screen although I do have a mouse pointer.

I've rebooted in safe mode (no change) and safe mode with cmd prompt.

I can't run task manager, every time I try it opens for a split second the disappears.
    I ran commands chkdsk and sfc /scannow

My restore points were all deleted (from standard restore, maybe there is a way to find older files still?)

Also tried running windows updates from the command prompt with no luck.

The only other thing I can think of is throwing my computer from my 12th floor balcony, but maybe someone here could help me out first!

Many thanks in advance

:)

Scercules, Nov 11, 2016
  2. Peace73 Win User

Ovistore payment not working????!!!!!! **bleep**

Poor Sod.

Peace73, Nov 11, 2016
  3. biker74 Win User
    Still can't get 1st update for Samsung Focus

Still cant download the sodding update.

biker74, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

B(lack)SOD

1. B(lack)SOD - Similar Threads - lack SOD

2. Unable to update Windows for months; "Something didn't go as planned" - lacking proper disc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update Windows for months; "Something didn't go as planned" - lacking proper disc...: Hello everyone!I hope you are doing well while reading this. For months now since I got the new windows and PC I have been having issues. I didn't do a perfect installation and I messed something up with my discs installing new windows while transferring some data from one...
  3. Unable to update Windows for months; "Something didn't go as planned" - lacking proper disc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update Windows for months; "Something didn't go as planned" - lacking proper disc...: Hello everyone!I hope you are doing well while reading this. For months now since I got the new windows and PC I have been having issues. I didn't do a perfect installation and I messed something up with my discs installing new windows while transferring some data from one...
  4. My laptop lacks a Print Screen button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop lacks a Print Screen button: My laptop lacks a Print Screen button, so I remapped F11 to serve that function. Now, I use Windows + F11 to take screenshots on Windows 10. Previously, using Windows + Print Screen would capture my entire screen and save it to a 'Screenshots' folder in 'Pictures'. However,...
  5. My laptop lacks a Print Screen button

My laptop lacks a Print Screen button: My laptop lacks a Print Screen button, so I remapped F11 to serve that function. Now, I use Windows + F11 to take screenshots on Windows 10. Previously, using Windows + Print Screen would capture my entire screen and save it to a 'Screenshots' folder in 'Pictures'. However,...
  6. Why does my computer lack any trace of a microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer lack any trace of a microphone?: Device: HP x360 13" 2-in-1 laptopOP System: Windows 11Using Intel EVO i9 processorHi, I recently discovered not only does my laptop not detect a microphone, there's no driver installed for it, as if I had deleted it. I'm not super tech savvy or anything so I could appreciate...
  7. Why does my computer lack any trace of a microphone?

Why does my computer lack any trace of a microphone?: Device: HP x360 13" 2-in-1 laptopOP System: Windows 11Using Intel EVO i9 processorHi, I recently discovered not only does my laptop not detect a microphone, there's no driver installed for it, as if I had deleted it. I'm not super tech savvy or anything so I could appreciate...
  8. Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...: Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same pictures again and again and i rarely see new pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-there-been-a-lack-of-windows-spotlight-images/f279d224-7cea-4780-a510-0cd1c16e3e3a
  9. Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...

Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...: Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same pictures again and again and i rarely see new pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-there-been-a-lack-of-windows-spotlight-images/f279d224-7cea-4780-a510-0cd1c16e3e3a
  10. B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games: Hello there, hope that some techie-demigod around this forum is able to help me with this strange crashing pattern. It started yesterday evening while playing a Dead by Daylight on steam. Suddenly, while trying to leave the game, the screen went black and the GPU fans...