Windows 10: Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working

Discus and support Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 6x 3,5mm ports on the back of my PC/motherboard but they are not working. I first tried them without the motherboard driver (because windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgqueenx, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working

I have 6x 3,5mm ports on the back of my PC/motherboard but they are not working.
    I first tried them without the motherboard driver (because windows usually reconises them without driver) but they did not work. I then installed the realtek audio drivers from the motherboard (msi) website, and they do not work.
    The funny thing is, that the ports themself are reconised. As soon as i plug in my mic or headset, the realtek driver window pops up and asks what it is that i connected, and set the quality settings. But playing a test sound or blow in the mic does nothing at all.

Yes, i have checked into windows sound settings to the enabled sound outputs and recording devices, and they do not work either. They are again enabled and shows as working, but they simply do not put out audio or notice my blowing into the mic.

Help would be appriciated! The motherboard is the z170a pro from MSI.

:)

borgqueenx, Oct 10, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

Compatible bluetooth speakers to use graphic equalizer in Lumia 640

Audio enhancements will only work with devices connect to the 3.5mm audio port.

There is no way that I know of to have the audio enhancements delivered to BT devices.

garym123, Oct 10, 2016
  3. USB audio

Hi, thanks for your help. My audio playback devices does not show my USB only speakers (NO 3.5mm), have tried multiple ports, troubleshooter; Windows does not recognize device to begin with, I have a 3.5mm audio port on laptop, should I get USB + 3.5mm
    speakers?

randygobell, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working

1. Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working - Similar Threads - 5mm audio ports

2. Audio Ports not working???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Ports not working???: Hello,I built in the middle of October my PC and everything is running fine, the only problem is that it only recognises USB and HDMI audio devices. I tried everything with installing the Drivers of the manufacturer, checked the BIOS settings and even updated the BIOS to the...
  3. Audio Ports not working???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Ports not working???: Hello,I built in the middle of October my PC and everything is running fine, the only problem is that it only recognises USB and HDMI audio devices. I tried everything with installing the Drivers of the manufacturer, checked the BIOS settings and even updated the BIOS to the...
  4. Audio Ports not working???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  6. Audio ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio ports not working: I've bought a used PC and on the first day of using it 5 days ago, the headphones I was using worked just fine. However, 3 days ago, my headphones stopped working. I thought it was just a headphone issue, so I plugged it into my phone, and it worked perfectly there. So I...
  7. Audio ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio ports not working: I've bought a used PC and on the first day of using it 5 days ago, the headphones I was using worked just fine. However, 3 days ago, my headphones stopped working. I thought it was just a headphone issue, so I plugged it into my phone, and it worked perfectly there. So I...
  8. Audio ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio ports not working: My headphones are not showing up in output. It used to show up as "NVIDIA High definition audio" but randomly NVIDIA HD audio switched to my monitor speakers. I think that my audio port for my headphones is broken or messed up. Any suggestions?[ATTACH]...
  9. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  10. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...