Windows 10: Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working

Discus and support Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 6x 3,5mm ports on the back of my PC/motherboard but they are not working. I first tried them without the motherboard driver (because windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgqueenx, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working

I have 6x 3,5mm ports on the back of my PC/motherboard but they are not working.
    I first tried them without the motherboard driver (because windows usually reconises them without driver) but they did not work. I then installed the realtek audio drivers from the motherboard (msi) website, and they do not work.
    The funny thing is, that the ports themself are reconised. As soon as i plug in my mic or headset, the realtek driver window pops up and asks what it is that i connected, and set the quality settings. But playing a test sound or blow in the mic does nothing at all.

Yes, i have checked into windows sound settings to the enabled sound outputs and recording devices, and they do not work either. They are again enabled and shows as working, but they simply do not put out audio or notice my blowing into the mic.

Help would be appriciated! The motherboard is the z170a pro from MSI.

:)

borgqueenx, Oct 10, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

Compatible bluetooth speakers to use graphic equalizer in Lumia 640

Audio enhancements will only work with devices connect to the 3.5mm audio port.

There is no way that I know of to have the audio enhancements delivered to BT devices.

garym123, Oct 10, 2016
  3. USB audio

Hi, thanks for your help. My audio playback devices does not show my USB only speakers (NO 3.5mm), have tried multiple ports, troubleshooter; Windows does not recognize device to begin with, I have a 3.5mm audio port on laptop, should I get USB + 3.5mm
    speakers?

randygobell, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working

1. Back 3.5mm audio ports reconised but not working - Similar Threads - 5mm audio ports

2. audio play back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio play back: Audio is failing to play through devices speakers. all trouble shooting has failed including, restarts, trouble shooter, reinstalling drivers, and more. The problem right now is that there is no option for the default speakers in the sound settings option. the only output...
  3. USB ports not working

USB ports not working: As of today's battery of updates (KB4490481 to KB4493510), USB devices no longer work. Logitech Unifying Receivers are still detected, but they don't send or receive signal, and other USB devices aren't detected at all. None of my wireless mice are working and Windows 10...
  4. Toshiba Satellite L655, 2 out of 3 USB ports are not working

Toshiba Satellite L655, 2 out of 3 USB ports are not working: Toshiba Satellite L655, 2 out of 3 USB ports are not working after upgrade to windows 10 64 bit, i tried to look for drivers to fix this issue but with no luck....
  5. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  6. USB ports not working.

USB ports not working.: 2 of 3 of my usb ports stopped worked and I went through several Microsoft feeds to fix the problem and tried it all and they still don't work. What is plan C?...
  7. not reconising cd/dvd player

not reconising cd/dvd player: why when micro soft decide on up grading windows 10 does the operating system not recognize that there is a built in cd/dvd player, I am still waiting for the system to recognize it from the recent up grade , I have been through the system settings and its not showing, the...
  8. USB port not working....

USB port not working....: One of the three USB ports has stopped working for some reason, any idea how to get it working again ? Thanks 97448
  9. All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio

All HDMI Out ports on 3 BenQ Monitors have lost their audio: Hi, I have 3 BenQ RL2460HT Monitors. They have 2 HDMI in Ports and an HDMI Out port with allows Video/Audio passthrough which is important for me since I stream on Twitch. So my Xbox goes to my Monitor then to the Elgato which helps with input delay. One day I went to stream...
  10. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...