Windows 10: Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

Discus and support Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mreid72, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mreid72 Win User

Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list of the pages, you could then select the specific one you wanted to go to instead of clicking through one page at a time until you finally reached your destination. I find this function extremely valuable and use it constantly.

I have not been able to find the same functionality in Windows Edge yet, and my search on the internet has not found any information about this issue. Is this function not possibly any longer? Has there been any discussion of Windows bringing it to Edge? If not, it is almost a deal breaker for me. *Sad

Thanks in advance.

:)

mreid72, Jul 29, 2015
  2. hlscv Win User

Edge Browser History

This is not a 'story problem' in spite of the presence of a troll. The Edge browser history does not display for many users.

In my case, it comes and goes. I never know when the history function will appear or not.

It is extremely frustrating and annoying. Worse yet there doesn't seem to be a fix for the bug.

It makes using Edge irritating and is also compounded by the lack of back and forward button page history dropdown.

I thought the purpose of this MS "community" was to assist users. I am disappointed to discover it does not.

hlscv, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Microsoft Edge Page back and forward

Hi Britanny,

Devices that have a precision touchpad have the option to use gestures in Windows 10. To check if your device has a precision touchpad, you can perform the steps posted on this

link
    . The three finger swipe to navigate the browser (back and forward) is no longer available in the latest iteration of Windows 10. To know more about the available touchpad gestures, click on this

link

We'd recommend sending our team a message via the Feedback Hub application on your device to help us improve the features, functionality, and performance of Windows 10. To do this, you can perform the following:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop
    monitoring
    when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Jelu Cal, Jul 29, 2015
  4. cbwilsha Win User

cbwilsha, Jul 29, 2015
  5. mreid72 Win User
    Well, that is a glaring omission. After all, it's been a staple with IE for many years. I don't see how on earth there could be any good reason for leaving this out. And I agree; Edge is a nice browser. It'd be a shame to not be able to use it because of the lack of this feature (and maybe one or two others).

mreid72, Jul 29, 2015
  6. mreid72 Win User
    Bumping.

Anybody else that can help with this? Any additional or different information than the above?

mreid72, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list - Similar Threads - Forward Buttons Edge

2. Navigation dropdown list in File Explorer is gone, can I get it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation dropdown list in File Explorer is gone, can I get it back?: Since the latest update to File Explorer in Windows 11, the small down arrow that shows navigation history is gone. I found this incredibly useful but have been unable to find a way to put it back. Is it possible?This is what I used to see captured from a YouTube video....
  3. Unable to do multiple selection from dropdown list using Microsft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do multiple selection from dropdown list using Microsft Edge: Hi,I encountered an issue which my user is unable to do multiple selection from a dropdown list using Microsoft Edge. The laptop is a company laptop.User is able to do it from her home laptop but not in our company laptop.May I know is there a setting or registry or policy...
  4. Unable to do multiple selection from dropdown list using Microsft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to do multiple selection from dropdown list using Microsft Edge: Hi,I encountered an issue which my user is unable to do multiple selection from a dropdown list using Microsoft Edge. The laptop is a company laptop.User is able to do it from her home laptop but not in our company laptop.May I know is there a setting or registry or policy...
  5. cdn error, dropdown list not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cdn error, dropdown list not working: cdn error due to which page not load, dropdown list not working in only one website, it works fine in others pc. i tried basic methods to solve the error but it persists....
  6. Any options to remove the Back/Forward buttons in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any options to remove the Back/Forward buttons in File Explorer?: I need this option for a restricted/server environment, and I am working on some software/tweaks to make options like this available as a GUI. The internet only provides me options on Windows XP and earlier, so I thought I would try here. submitted by /u/ginger_bread84...
  7. Forward/Back buttons on mouse got remapped on Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forward/Back buttons on mouse got remapped on Windows update: Hello, I have been using a J Tech Digital V628P mouse with my windows laptop for some time. Recently, without any action on my part, the functionality tied to the forward/back buttons changed. Now, the forward button launches the calculator (no matter which program is...
  8. Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge: Is there a method whereby I can reduce the spacing in the drop down menu's in Edge browser? [img] I much prefer the closer spacing as used in Firefox! [img] 34814
  9. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list of the pages, you could then select the specific one you wanted to go to instead of clicking through one page at a time until...
  10. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: I was quite surprised at the lack of some of the basic features of Microsoft Edge that have been found in IE for years that are critical in my mind. One of these is the ability to have a drop down list on both the back and forward buttons in the browser to be able to quickly...