Windows 10: Back to 8 then back to 10

Discus and support Back to 8 then back to 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried 10 and noticed it had a few bugs as one would expect. I then went back to 8.1, i am sitting here wondering if i should plug the 10 drive back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by noelbeth55, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Back to 8 then back to 10

I tried 10 and noticed it had a few bugs as one would expect. I then went back to 8.1, i am sitting here wondering if i should plug the 10 drive back in. After thinking about it i am unable to see that it does anymore than 8.1 so for the moment i will sit where i am. What do others think. Thanks.

:)

noelbeth55, Oct 14, 2014

2. Windows 10 issue with typing and drop downs

I had the same exact issue after upgrading from Win7 to Win10. Spent many hours online looking for a solution. Tried the ones listed above. No luck.

What's the point of having a new shiny OS when you can't type anything Back to 8 then back to 10 :) My daughter was so mad after the upgrade since she couldn't do her homework anymore on the laptop.

This morning I reverted to . It was so easy to go , just one click and after 5mins you are . That's the only silver lining, the only good thing Microsoft had thought about while coming up with Win10. It's such a relief
    now. I can finally type.. woo hoo...

Adios Win10. See you later or NOT.

Back to Win7, Oct 14, 2014
  3. Rolling Windows 10 back to 7 then back to 10 - can it be done

If you upgrade to win 10 and activate it, you can roll back and then re-upgrade at a later date BUT every time you roll back or upgrade you introduce errors into the system which can become substantial.

Better to simply upgrade and stick with it

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 14, 2014
  4. AddRAM Win User

Back to 8 then back to 10

Plug the W10 drive back in, at least then you could use both.

AddRAM, Oct 14, 2014
  5. Hi,
    If you've already used the feedback app for the features you would like to see you could very well monitor here until another build is released and start over checking it out/ leaving feedback...

Just out of curiosity what bugs did you run into ?
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 14, 2014
  6. There was an error on shutdown that at times froze the PC and i had to hit the off button. Then the USB ports started playing up, sometimes printers would work, other times not. I guess the real reason i went back to 8.1 was to be certain it was not a hardware issue, it all worked fine with with good old 8.1. i will proberbly plug the drive back in and give 10 another run. I might do a fresh install first i think. Oh another freeze time when as it told me it could not shut down as the store was still open.

noelbeth55, Oct 14, 2014
  7. AddRAM Win User
    I would re install and give it another chance *Wink

AddRAM, Oct 14, 2014
  8. Back to 8 then back to 10

Thanks for your input guys, i will give it another go.

noelbeth55, Oct 14, 2014
  9. Dude Win User
    Good to hear, hope it goes better for you.

10. Hi

All I can add is that I installed it as soon as it became available and I haven't had any problems.
    My printer and all my hardware work, no crashes or blue screens, and I have virtually all of my software running in it now.

I haven't gone back to use 8 since I put it in (I'm dual booting).

If you are going to plug in your other hard drive you may need to use EasyBCD to set up a boot menu.

You need to do it from the Windows 8 install or at least I did.

For me it runs much faster then 8, but you can take into consideration that it is a new fresh install.

I like it, it feels natural to me unlike Windows 8.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 14, 2014
  11. Ok, back on 10. The error window on shutdown still appears at times but nowhere as often as before. It is there for only a split second. USB is not acting up at this point. I will add my Opera browser takes a lot longer to load compared with 8.1, dont know what thats about, it is not bothering me anyway. I will keep you all posted with any irregularities. Thanks all. Just a quick addit, why does my profile pic not appear on the side of my posts. Not a major thing.

noelbeth55, Oct 14, 2014
  12. topgundcp Win User
    @noelbeth
    Just a thought. After installing Win 10, did you also install the chipset drivers for your MB ? You might want to try that.

topgundcp, Oct 14, 2014
  13. Back to 8 then back to 10

Hi topgundcp. No chipset drivers on MB disc only LAN Audio USB3 and AMD all in 1. The latter includes SM BUS and SATA 3. The board was manufactured 12 months ago. I have installed LAN and USB# only. Thanks for your help. As i said previous the shutdown prob i was having is now just a flash on the screen of a error box. Unable to read it due to the speed of it. Just noticed my writing has changed.

noelbeth55, Oct 14, 2014
  14. DavidE Win User
    @noelbeth
    Just another thought.
    Can you look in Event Viewer to see if there are any errors or warnings at the time you are shutting down ?
    Maybe something in there will help find the cause of the error ???

DavidE, Oct 14, 2014
  15. Thanks DavidE. There was nothing listed at shutdown times. There are several that happened at other times. You will have to forgive me as my knowledge of event viewer is minimal, i should say none. I have noticed though there has been nothing in the last 24 hrs,maybe an update rectified it. To me it seems as though i have a PC problem as there has only been a couple of other posts with this error. I might add it runs spot on with 8.1. I appreciate your help btw.

noelbeth55, Oct 14, 2014
Thema:

Back to 8 then back to 10