Windows 10: Back to Microsoft account problem

Discus and support Back to Microsoft account problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to search here and the thread closest to my problem was more then 6 months old, and it doesn't solve my problem. I've made a local... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by drazenn99, Feb 27, 2016.

1. drazenn99 Win User

Back to Microsoft account problem

Hello,
    I tried to search here and the thread closest to my problem was more then 6 months old, and it doesn't solve my problem.
    I've made a local account(instead of guest account-idiot I know) so my nephew could play some games while I'm not at home.
    Now I tried to revert that local account back to Microsoft account, but nothing happens.
    If I go to settings- accounts- and under local account choose "Sign in with Microsoft account", no reaction at all. In fact, that small circle spins for a second like it's doing something, I can see a see through rectangle for a second too, and nothing changes.
    Down at the bottom of the settings under "add another account" option, I can still see my Microsoft account, and if I click it, I get option "Manage" and something else, which does exactly the same as "Sign in with Microsoft account", small circle spins for a second, see through rectangle, and nothing happens.
    I tried "Add another account" as well, and among other options, there is my Microsoft account, outlook option, gmail, etc. but no matter which one I click, I get only one second of spinning and see through rectangle.
    I tried to add calendar, email or any other kind of account and I'm getting nothing as well.
    Of course I tried to remove that Microsoft account, but as I already said, when click "Manage", only spinning and rectangle for second.
    In some other thread here, I found a download link for microsoftaccounts.diagcab, some kind of diagnostic tool for account, and of course, downloaded it and run it, but it found everything OK except some rootcauses thing which it immediatelly repaired.
    I have to add that my system restore is turned off( I don't know why, I don't remember doing that) so I can't revert it back.
    Uh, and I almost forgot.If I go to family and blabla option, there is a message that it can't connect with Microsoft family no matter I am connected to internet.I tried to log in to outlook from my browser, and no problem.
    If anybody has any idea what could I do, I would be really greatfull
    Cheers

:)

drazenn99, Feb 27, 2016

2. Switch to local account and back to Microsoft account is impossible

Go to Start > Type Recovery > Select Go back to a previous build.

Smittychat., Feb 27, 2016
  3. Switch to local account and back to Microsoft account is impossible

Sorry, it's Email & app accounts. It should appear as such

Back to Microsoft account problem [​IMG]

If this is where you're seeing a blank space then I suggest you rollback to previous version and verify if it too appears as blank space. Verify you can switch from Microsoft Account to Local Account in previous version. If still experiencing issues with
    account in previous version as well then I advise a reset.

Smittychat., Feb 27, 2016
  4. drazenn99 Win User

Just to add, now I managed to completely remove that Microsoft account, but that's all.Nothing else reacts.
    I'm starting thinking that maybe it's connected with Edge, because I can't start Edge, but didn't notice that immediatelly because Chrome is my default.

drazenn99, Feb 27, 2016
  5. drazenn99 Win User
    Hohoho...how stupid can I be.
    So, as I mentioned, I noticed that Edge is not opening as well, but all other Microsoft apps do, so I googled "Howto reinstall Edge", and this is what I got as a first result(I was to lazy to search here):
    Fix: Microsoft Edge Crashes in Windows 10
    So i've done it exactly as it says, step by step.
    And result?
    Now not a single Microsoft app is not working *Smile
    Is there a repair install for windows 10 as it was for windows 7?
    I hope there is...

drazenn99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Back to Microsoft account problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft account problem

2. Microsoft account problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account problem: I am facing a problem with my Microsoft account ever since I bought the laptop the day before yesterday. Actually I'm new to this so I cant quite get the solution of my problem. Every time I need to sign in to my mcsoft account I'm getting a popup saying I have a problem with...
  3. Problem with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Microsoft Account: Guten Morgen,Ich habe meinen Windows 10 Rechner anfänglich als Mitarbeiter einer Firma benutzt und damals auch meinen Microsoft Account dieser Firma für den Rechner verwendet.Jetzt bin ich aber seit längerer Zeit schon selbständig und verwende den alten Account nicht...
  4. microsoft account problem

microsoft account problem: whenever i turn on my pc, i get a message your microsoft account needs attention in Shared experiences, your outlook settings out of date. Also in microsoft edge sync needs to be fixed by giving pin everytime. I tried many fixes like Safe scan, DISM, etc. but nothing helped....
  5. Microsoft Account Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Account Problem: I'm getting a pop up message that says " We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix iti n Shared experiences settings." Is this some sort of scam and how do I prevent this pop up ? Thank you....
  6. "Microsoft account problem" keeps coming back

"Microsoft account problem" keeps coming back: I am repeatedly receiving a "Microsoft account problem" message. This appears as a notification in Windows 10 on my desktop computer which, when clicked on, takes me to the "Shared experiences" settings page. Each time it appears I click "Fix now", enter my Microsoft account...
  7. Microsoft account problem

Microsoft account problem: I am getting so sick and tired of the pop up "We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed.Select here to ix it in the Shared experiences settings. Between Microsoft, Edge and Chrome the minute they fiddle with somethings then all these...
  8. Microsoft account problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account problem?: A popup appears slides out like other 'official' notifications, and prompts to click on a link to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-problem/88ae0d2c-3759-484d-ada5-fcd77f808a67"
  9. Problem Changing Back to a Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem Changing Back to a Microsoft Account: A few months ago I changed to signing in with a local account on my PC, now I want to go back to using my Microsoft account. I fill in my email, then my password, then it asks for the password again, and when I put it in it says the password is invalid. If it was valid the...
  10. Microsoft Account Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Problem: I changed my email on my account a few months ago and now I keep getting the Microsoft account problem notification. Every time I try to fix it when I enter my password and user name it states that something went wrong and that I need to try again. Also my account still...